Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 5 - Prologue 19
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:58 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 19
     Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:04 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail
    I hate to be the complainer, but the link's not working. I can see the thumbnail from the main page, but when I click it it just takes me to Book 1 page 1.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:23 am 
    Same here. For a little while I was getting nothing but a blank white page when I tried to load any part of the archive, but that seems to be sorted out now.

ETA: No "next" arrow on p. 18, either.

Last edited by strange7person on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:23 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Yeah, something's borked. Red is working on it. :ugeek:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:24 am 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail
    Yeah, technical issues on the archives server are preventing the update from loading properly. My fault, and I'm working on fixing it.

Full Avatar by Xin Ye

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:41 am 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail
    The update is fixed. Sorry for the delay folks. I'll have some work ahead of me solving the root cause and avoiding this happening next update.

Full Avatar by Xin Ye

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:47 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Interesting. We see how map-to-map, everything except the core hexes was... Deleted.

Also, Deletionism, despite being Retconjured away, is back!

...ooh. I have an idea. Is this leading to the conclusion that the capital sites are alive, aware, and count as "observers"? (Since unobserved hexes are the only ones that can change terrain type, and we see that all the island sank into the sea BESIDES the six hexes around Archezoa. Maybe because they counted as being observed by the city?)

Is Paige going to know exactly what the Temples are?

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:49 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool!
    Oooh, Deletionism being retconned via Retconjuration to Retconjuration is canon now

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:11 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    Remember Deletionism? it's back! In Retconjuration form!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:20 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail
    Looks like Deletionism got controlled-Z.

Anyway this reminds me of a couple of games I played. The AI cheats, but only outside range of sight. So, keep an eye on everything at the same time? Would need a lot of allied scouts but might be possible.

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:37 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Shiny Red Star
    I wonder if having every hex "observed" for anti-sneaky-Titan purposes is part of the benefit Charlie gets from having his domain full of those little etsy dolls.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:18 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Ho wow! Deletionism? But it was deleted... and retconjuration was retconned in! *gasp*

Also, when I read "a bit of an update" I was sure that clicking would bring me to an update on Linda's health and erfworld's finances... I am not sure what is the name of the specific flavor of confusion it gave me but it felt weird being readied for one of those emotionnal real life hardship post and instead being hit in the face by my favorite webcomic!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:35 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail
    Jatopian wrote:
    I wonder if having every hex "observed" for anti-sneaky-Titan purposes is part of the benefit Charlie gets from having his domain full of those little etsy dolls.

I think we are slowly piecing together Charlie's agenda. If I recall correctly, Charlie is one of the oldest units in Erfworld, and with the intel the dish provides him, he is likely well aware of this phenomenon.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:45 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    "For the Titans are still shaping the world, but only where no-one is looking."
    - Book of Del, Chapter 1:12-13

Back when we were treated to Don King's encyclopedic knowledge of Erfly Scripture, I has always supposed that the Book of Del was a reference to Del Shannon (having been primed to think that, I'm sure, by the doo-wop sensibilities of the Transylvitians).

Is it REALLY the Book of DELETIONISM? Or is that a new thing?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:56 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    That was deep.

Or at least, it is now.

EDIT: Are these maps also CGI? They look great, like something out of an old D&D setting.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:19 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Shiny Red Star
    kaylasdad99 wrote:
    Back when we were treated to Don King's encyclopedic knowledge of Erfly Scripture, I has always supposed that the Book of Del was a reference to Del Shannon (having been primed to think that, I'm sure, by the doo-wop sensibilities of the Transylvitians).

Is it REALLY the Book of DELETIONISM? Or is that a new thing?
    Why not both? That'd be appropriately Signamantic.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:12 am 
    Sea Level Rise. Huh.

Book of Del (Delete)...

Books of Control and Alter, too?

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:21 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail Royal Scepter Supporter
    I wonder if Paige's old Archezoan texts talk about Deletionist Naughtymancers and that is how she knows they used to exist. Maybe they also speak of twolls with regeneration instead of fabrication as their special. And brown dwagons, if they have truly been retconjured. I am extremely curious about what secrets Paige might know that most of Erfworld does not.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:21 am 
    This user is a Tool! Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Royal Scepter Supporter Sometimes They Even Fail
    I wonder if Paige has become — to borrow a term from Tvtropes — a Nay-Theist; that is, one who is perfectly aware of the existence of a god or gods — or Titans — but finds them singularly unworthy of worship.

Based on what she's written in her book here, and what she's said about the Titans' alleged lies, that seems pretty likely, at least to me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:22 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    Deletionism is akin to climate change for Archezoa!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions