Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:47 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
Hi everyone,

If you're reading this, by now you're aware of the boop sandwich that the Balders have been delivered, piping hot, to choke down.

I'm proud to be a member of this community. The outpouring of support that's being shown is, well, it's what being a community is about.

I know that Rob + Linda is not the sum total of Team Erfworld, but if the team is an arch, they are the keystone. If the team is a castle, they are the foundations. We shouldn’t delude ourselves that this will be “business as usual”, and Rob was pretty clear on that.

I want us all to have some clear perspective here. The pledge rate has clearly jumped up in light of the news the Balders have received, and it's very likely we're going to trigger the fifth Milestone as part of that.

We need to be one voice here. I think I speak for every supporter when I say that, in no uncertain terms, and under no circumstance, do we want Rob or Linda to devote a single extra iota of attention or energy into doing anything at all about Milestone 5.

Please, if you read this, echo this sentiment. The whole team needs to know that we're acting as a community in support of the Balders here in ratcheting up the support for Erfworld, in recognition of what's been inflicted on them right now, and not need to have another thing to worry about.

I'm hopeful. I want to look ahead, look past where they'd just found themselves. A time when it is something in the past that's been dealt with, a bad memory. Then, you know what? Then do Milestone 5. Right now, we, the Erfworld community, DO NOT WANT you to worry about that. If it triggers, we expect you to ignore it. We just wanted to make sure it wasn’t another concern.

-Yshl

• Tipped by 24 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:49 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip
    +1

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:51 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Mined 4 Erf
    Very much agreed with this, focus should be on getting through this.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:54 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Ruler of Erfworld
    Agreed

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:57 pm 
    Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    The numbers are just a convenient way of showing how much we all want to help. Do what you need for you and don't let any one or thing detract from that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:59 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip
    Agreed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:00 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    I would like to second this. I upped my pledge. I did not do it to get Milestone 5. I do not need Milestone 5. I do not feel entitled to Milestone 5. I do not expect Milestone 5. And you know what? That goes for whatever is left of Milestone 4 as well.

These milestones may never get fulfilled (ok seriously, knowing Rob, that's got a snowball's chance in hell of actually being the case)... but I don't care... that's not why I upped my pledge. And I think much of the rest of those who have pledged or increased their pledge agree. I think Rob and Linda know that. But I also think that, right now, it's important that they hear it.

So I'd like to call for others to also join in with us in assuring Rob and Linda that we know what they promised... but we also understand that their world has been upended and the best-laid plans of mice and men are about to go awry. I want to ask others to join us in making clear that we understand and free them to take their time... or even put the milestone rewards on hold indefinitely... if that's what is needed.

To Rob and Linda and Team Erfworld: Above all, I do not want us achieving Milestone 5 or even that we have already achieved Milestone 4 to get in the way of Rob and Linda spending time together or Linda seeing to her treatment. These pledges are because we want to help. Not because we want something from you.

Thank you again for your professionalism and integrity and the wonderful comic you have enriched our lives with for years. Now go do you.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

Last edited by JadedDragoon on Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:05 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star
    As I already wrote in the other thread:

Milestone Goal 5: Linda gets healthy again.

To Hellabad with everything else.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:08 pm 
    My pledge is just to help with medical expenses. I don't expect anything from this.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:18 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    +1 on this.

Speaking for myself at least, I am no longer pledging "for Erfworld", I'm pledging "for TEAM Erfworld". Rob, and by extension everyone else on the team, you have brought a fantastic world to life, with objectively the best comic of it's type on the internet, bar none. And that sort of thing doesn't come out of an ether, it comes out of incredible people who deserve the very best.

So screw the Milestone bonuses; I'm not pledging for the sake of getting more. I am pledging as my own tiny way of retroactively saying THANK YOU for everything. It's payment for services ALREADY rendered, an act of appreciation for what this team has given us.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:21 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    That milestone was set, promised and as far as I know, not met when the team was at 100%.
    A change has been announced and no reasonable person would hold a man with no legs to a promise to reappear in a dance competition.

Also, booooooop that that you do not also need support. I have recently walked an adjacent path thru that place paper bags don't last long, beside someone i love. My hair wasn't singed because i was bald going in, and i did NOT walk that path of support alone. The legion of family and friends-like-family that backed me up outnumbered the demons 5 to 1. And so do yours. Love and support to both of you.

G

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:59 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I will not rise my Toolshed level. I do not wish Team Erfworld's income to be even more dependent on the updates than it was before.

Screw the extra pressure to update, screw Milestone 5, no one needs that sort of thing at this time.

What I've done today and I'm going to continue doing is buy schmuckers directly. Once a month, every month, 50$ worth of schmuckers, until that fight against the disease is won + my regular pledge as per updates.

I advise everyone to do the same, according to their means.

Link to buy schmuckers is here:

https://store.erfworld.com/product.php? ... stseller=Y

Stay strong, stay hopeful, never surrender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVLbOqX5U8

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

Last edited by youngstormlord on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:03 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    I upped my pledge to counteract anyone dropping theirs. +1 for not worrying about the milestone

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:19 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Agreed! Milestone 5 is irrelevant. Our priorities have changed along with Rob's.

youngstormlord wrote:
    What I've done today and I'm going to continue doing is buy schmuckers directly. Once a month, every month, 50$ worth of schmuckers, until that fight against the disease is won + my regular pledge as per updates.

I advise everyone to do the same, according to their means.

Link to buy scmuckers is here:

https://store.erfworld.com/product.php? ... stseller=Y

Stay strong, stay hopeful, never surrender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVLbOqX5U8

Excellent idea! As long as there's not some percentage going to some anonymous collection site, anyway. Not everyone can increase their pledges reliably, but this is a viable option. I think it was Bandaid that said he had tipped Rob a bunch of shmuckers to get them out of circulation, so that's a great way to dump any you might choose to purchase in excess of those used to buy gems or cards, or tip posts.

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:42 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    Agreed. Focus on making it through this, not on making us toys.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:53 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip
    Agreed here as well. Milestone 5 (as well as 1-4) for me is "Linda Get Better."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:57 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    I wasn't a paying subscriber until today. Now I am. I took Rob's invitation to decrease pledges to account for smaller updates, and started pledging, because I want smaller updates. I want Rob to have as much time as he can to take care of Linda, or just to spend with her if it turns out that "taking care of her" is unrealistic. I've lost family members to cancer and other sickness, and every time my one regret was that I didn't have more time to spend with them.

I don't care about toys or postcards or any of that other stuff listed in the milestones. I'd like to continue seeing comic updates at least once in a while, because I think they're something that Rob and Linda can still enjoy doing together. But if that turns out not to be true, then that's just too bad for me and I'll find some other way to support them through this difficult time.

Boop cancer. Seriously.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:49 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    As soon as I read the news post, I knew it was time for me to pledge. I didn't before, because I thought I didn't have the money to spare; but I've been tracking my finances, and I have much more then I thought I had. I can spare some, if it helps even a little bit.

Erfworld is probably my very favourite story of all time. I didn't know what Erfworld was, this time last year, but now I do, and it's something I love, and something I want to support.

I didn't know the name "Linda Balder" or "Rob Balder" this morning, but now I do, and I can tell, because of the effort and selflessness of that news post, and because of the love and effort that goes into Erfworld, you are people that I love, and people I want to support.

If things must change for Erfworld, for the sake of you two, then so be it. If Erfworld must be less, then so be it. If milestones must come and go un-acknowledged, then so be it. Even if Erfworld must go on hiatus, then so be that as well, before you are put to work more then you are able to.

You are right to prioritize your own health and comfort. Rest as much as you need or want, to be as healthy and comfortable as you are able.

That's an order! >: ]

--Krenko Mob Boss

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:57 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    +1

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:45 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Bandaid wrote:

Milestone Goal 5: Linda gets healthy again.

My new sig.

(... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Everything Else Erfworld