Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 313
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 313
     Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_thread_of_fate

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:08 am 
    Mined 4 Erf E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter
    Did Maggie just become a Date-a-mancer? In addition to already being a Thinkamancer I mean.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:09 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Fantastic and it seems Maggie is on the verge of something new, something glorious

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Well.

This page is one of many reasons why I very recently upped my pledge to $20/update.

Fucking Genius.

Just genius.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:10 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Well if Maggie doesn't level up now, she never will. She now understands enough about Thinkamancy to know she would be considered dangerous... a "baddie." Plus, isolating the difference between G strings and H strings puts her way above her previous level of understanding.

Amazing update!

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    I remember reading theories on the forums that Date-a-mancers might be able to do a similar trick to Thinkamancer's links. Kinda sounds like that theory got a new piece of supporting evidence.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:11 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent
    We are still stuck in the existing matrix of known disciplines. Its the unusual way they are joined which creates new opportunities. I think Maggie is going to apply mastery of G-Strings to developing a mastery of both G-Strings and H-Strings. Imagine the power at applying your will to others Hearts and Minds to forge new ways to control and influence.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:11 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I suspect that Dr. Frankenstein is about to be killed by his monster.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:12 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    In before people complaining about another meaningless update. Cause characterization is meaningless, apparently.

For my part... I absolutely love this one.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

Last edited by JadedDragoon on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:12 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Called it?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:13 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Evil_Lamp_6 wrote:
    Did Maggie just become a Date-a-mancer? In addition to already being a Thinkamancer I mean.

"half the grand cosmos" (That's from memory, think that's what it said)

I don't know if she just stepped into being a cross-class caster, but she absolutely has to be at least knocking on the door of thinkamancy mastery.....touching on thinkamancy's natural entwinement (or equivalency to the great grandiocosmic string).

All is one. Different perspectives see the One as different things.

Wrapping H-strings around G-strings (while really being the same strings...) to shield one's g-string activity from thinkamancers and the arkendish? Fun stuff.

Last edited by OneHugeTuck on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:14 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent
    Merilynne wrote:
    Well if Maggie doesn't level up now, she never will. She now understands enough about Thinkamancy to know she would be considered dangerous... a "baddie." <snip>

It does make me wonder what happens to the Thinkamancy discipline if so many of the masters of the discipline are crushed under their demolished clubhouse. When you have a severe limitation to the people able to impart knowledge, you have a substantial change in how that knowledge is shaped and used. Its feasible to think that should Maggie survive, she will be one of the preeminent thinkamancers (after the Deiform Isaac + others) left in Erfworld. She could define her own standards of being a "baddie".

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    SkyThorning wrote:
    We are still stuck in the existing matrix of known disciplines. Its the unusual way they are joined which creates new opportunities. I think Maggie is going to apply mastery of G-Strings to developing a mastery of both G-Strings and H-Strings. Imagine the power at applying your will to others Hearts and Minds to forge new ways to control and influence.

So suppose the existing matrix is-- not wrong, as such, but artificially limited. Parson made an analogy to Stupidworld 4-elements alchemy. What if the whole "cross-discipline" thing-- especially the cross-axis "barriers"-- are all simply functions of belief?

Janis seemed to imply as much with her dissertation on Carnymancy, did she not?

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:17 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    I just can't stop cheering for Maggie to do... well, SOMETHING... I don't even know what she's going to do to him... only that it's going to mess him up something fierce.

Jack also has a point, it is fairly rude to tell someone where they "shouldn't" look, it automatically makes them want to look in that direction. A much more polite thing would be a "do you mind if I distract you for a moment?" question, followed up by discussion or misdirection with possible dialog of what you distracted them from discerning.

But I digress.

I do however think that Jack will use that to deliberately distract Bill from looking at something and Bill going all "I'm not going to fall for that twice", a double-bluff, if you will. It'd be totally something Jack would do and totally something Bill would fall for.

I've thought for a while that Erfworld was constructed as a kind of universally cruel joke. As such, all beings within it are humerous in ways they don't understand, often tragically. As such, it would make sense if the people most accused of being "smart" or "intelligent" and of "knowing" or "seeing" things... are the most left in the dark about some things.

I have a personal headcanon that a master Lookamancer would be called (popularly) an "overseer" but that it could also be called an "allseer". While both are applicable, they have wildly different implications.

GK so needs a Lookamancer, if only to complete it's current Eyemancy set.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:18 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Ah first page once again. It's been a while.

Loving this H-strings stuff. Or the heart strings. Sweet parallel.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

Last edited by Thecommander236 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:18 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    This swirling image is the pay-off for an early page in book 3. Wheras the earlier page has disjointed panels with strings inbetween, this one is a clean collage, united by the strings.

If a post in a reaction thread irks you, consider PMs, or the use of a thread in another subforum and invite the poster there. This isn't reddit, but I want to hit the [-] button to skip past all the feels to find crunchy or baseless speculation.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:19 am 
    That was beautiful.

Maggie has found the perfect fusion of logic and emotion, and it was all laid out so wonderfully throughout many updates.

It's hard to admit it, but I was one of the people frustrated with the pace and players, and boy was I an idiot.
    Now that dots are connecting, I can see the string of events that brought us here, and some loose ends getting tied up.

Or in Caesars case, untied.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:20 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I wonder this means that the Isaac doll has some 3rd kind of string that Wanda recognizes at the Life thread (an L-string?) given that Maggie seems to think that the makaleka has an H-string but isn't alive.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:21 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Wow. Like everyone else, I've been guessing Maggie would achieve Master through this whole experience. Wasn't expecting Novice Datamancer though!

So, Wanda's link to the Decrypted through the Pliers is at least partially a Datamancy link. I wonder if that's why she was so disgusted by the idea of severing a Decrypted's ties to the Arkenpliers. Wanda doesn't have Datamancy senses, so I doubt she knows the specifics, but she was able to feel intuitively that such a thing seemed wrong. I'm betting that's also how Ossomer turned then. He needed to feel so negatively toward Wanda and his new side that he severed all Datamantic ties with them, turning back to Jetstone.

Another thought: Now that we're going to see a Thinkamancer/Datamancer, might we see some magic on the "Data" side rather than "Date-a," just like Signamancy has to do with "Signs", "Signatures," etc?

Last edited by Realeyna on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions