Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 4 - Page 26
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:10 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 26
     Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:20 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I have to say, I'm loving how Transylvito is rallying together instead of splintering apart. I have a feeling that they used to a competent side and will return to being one soon.

Also, it doesn't look like the Jillian Ansom meeting went very diplomatically.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:22 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    I'm increasingly convinced that the bracer only answers in absolutes about things like "odds that Carnymancy was cast on me" because Fate is stepping in. There's really no way the bracer should know that, especially in light of this update where it seems limited to data available to the user/side. Fate used the bracer to tell Ben he'd been Carnied, because that is going to somehow help Parson fulfill his fate.

Last edited by Ozamataz Buckshank on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:29 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    That poor megalo, all burnt up :cry:

But seriously, now more than ever I want to know, WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND IN FAQ!!

Why would Ansom go there? Was he attacked or attacking? What is Jilian pointing at?

To qoute another " I have so many questions"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:32 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    Pathor wrote:
    Why would Ansom go there? Was he attacked or attacking? What is Jilian pointing at?

Ansom went to Faq because it was the next destination on his diplomatic outing. It was outlined earlier in the book.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I suspect this is the second time someone violated a parley to attack Ansom.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:35 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    God dammit Jillian does the word Diplomatic Immunity and Don't Shoot The Messenger mean nothing to you? I hope Stanley's ruler senses informs him of this and he sends the main Juggle force away from Rightshoring and reinforces Gobwin Knob in response. :hamstard:

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:37 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    You really have to marvel at Ansom's willingness to keep attempting Parlays. ^^;

I like the new insight on the Bracer's limitations. I think ultimately it works a little like how Maggie describes a side's Thinkamancy- it collects information from all the units of the side and compiles them to give a mathamancy report of the things that the side knows, even if the unit making the question doesn't.

I wonder if it's pulling this info from their minds? Or maybe Erfworld has actual "Numbers" stats for everything that a practitioner can actually read.

It's cool. Kind of like a character in a fictional world taking a peek at the rulebook or character sheet.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:38 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Ansom clearly needs lessons in how to properly roast marshmallows. That megalogwiff should be a nice brown, not a single end of ashy charring.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:39 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    Ozamataz Buckshank wrote:
    Pathor wrote:

Ansom went to Faq because it was the next destination on his diplomatic outing. It was outlined earlier in the book.

Yes, but as far as we know there was never any information regarding his original outing in Jetstone. And even than, after the MKay incident and quick change of chief warlords, why wouldn´t he return to base to find out what was going on. At least he should know somethings up because he lost the CW bonus and gained a diffrent one later. If so many factors changed, like Wandas and Parsons capture, Charlies guns and new info about CC by Bonnie, why would Ansom, a competent warlord, still feel the need to continue an old plan. Especially to a side thought of being in cahoots with the current big bad.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:40 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So, when are we going to hear more about Ponzi's Scheme?

Looks like Prince Ansom was silly enough to tie up with Meglogwyphs. One wonders if his love is challenging his duty and pulling a 'get captured by the enemy you want' thing like what Jillian kept doing with Wanda in the first book.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:41 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Error doesn't mean it doesn't know.

Error means the number is to big to fit on the screen...

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:41 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I'm also a big fan of Don King's thought process on this one. It feels like he's gone from "Belief will give me easy answers to problems" to "I need to think about my problems, and sometimes I'll be forced to make a decision with imperfect information".

You can tell that Don and Ceasar used to get along. Even in a time of crisis and when they're fed up of each other, they still easily slide into cooperation and respect.

Transylvito is a good side. I'll be sad to see them go, because honestly I can't imagine that this is headed anywhere different ^^;

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:44 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Gaussrik wrote:
    You really have to marvel at Ansom's willingness to keep attempting Parlays. ^^;

I like the new insight on the Bracer's limitations. I think ultimately it works a little like how Maggie describes a side's Thinkamancy- it collects information from all the units of the side and compiles them to give a mathamancy report of the things that the side knows, even if the unit making the question doesn't.

I wonder if it's pulling this info from their minds? Or maybe Erfworld has actual "Numbers" stats for everything that a practitioner can actually read.

It's cool. Kind of like a character in a fictional world taking a peek at the rulebook or character sheet.
    I also like this new insight and the limitations it displays. I didn't like the implication that it was some sort of omniscience device that can answer any question. This feels like a return to the basics. It feels more like a Mathamancy artifact now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:46 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    Past the Donny Woods lies the donnybrook, it seems.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    OMG How many marshmallows did Xin have to burn to get that last picture right? That poor dumb sticky bastard. :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:57 am 
    Gaussrik wrote:

I actually really like (a modified version of) this explanation. The Bracer can essentially look at the character sheets and statistical values for the side of the wielder. It can use this information to compute the probability to answer more sophisticated questions.

It would explain some of the more 1.00 probability answers we've seen it spit out, in a roundabout way.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:00 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    And Duncan is comforting his poor Megalo.

I really, really don't think Don should wait for the heir to pop though before deciding.

Oh! Without Vanna present, Jill can't try to turn Ansom! Hah!

For the lulz, I just want to see Ansom and Albert also have a good stepdad and son relationship, just to vex Jillian. :albert:

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:02 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I'm getting a little impatient for things to start happening. Intrigue is cool, backstory is cool, character development is cool, but when are the main characters (Parson, Wanda, everybody) going to actually do something?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:07 pm 
    Pathor wrote:
    Ozamataz Buckshank wrote:
    Pathor wrote:

Yes, but as far as we know there was never any information regarding his original outing in Jetstone. And even than, after the MKay incident and quick change of chief warlords, why wouldn´t he return to base to find out what was going on. At least he should know somethings up because he lost the CW bonus and gained a diffrent one later. If so many factors changed, like Wandas and Parsons capture, Charlies guns and new info about CC by Bonnie, why would Ansom, a competent warlord, still feel the need to continue an old plan. Especially to a side thought of being in cahoots with the current big bad.

Ansom still has his orders, and no way to contact anyone. A change of Chief Warlord is not grounds for disobeying an order. Unless someone contacts him with new orders, he's going to keep following his standing orders.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions