Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 4 - Page 142
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:51 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 4 - Page 142
     Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:00 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    It's surprising Wanda isn't more feared than she is, if Haffaton was in living memory. Her reputation was widespread in those days.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:02 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Interesting update, with another potential future revealing itself. I hope we see the results of this twist before Christmas

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:07 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
    Whispri wrote:
    It's surprising Wanda isn't more feared than she is, if Haffaton was in living memory. Her reputation was widespread in those days.

Well, Charlie is secretive to the extreme, the Great Minds that got blown up kept their secrets as well, the involved casters croaked somehow and all sides which interacted with Haffaton's special units were wiped out under Olive Branch's tender mercies before she herself croaked. The scale of Erfworld is much smaller than Stupidworld and there are far less records. Knowledge gets lost all the time.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:08 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So Wanda understands how to use thinkamancy, dollamancy, the Pliers, and possibly Croakamancy together to save Isaac.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:08 am 
    Mined 4 Erf
    All they need to live again, is to help Wanda get the 'pliers back. Then she can decrypt them, and they would be restored. And they should be able to verify that if they were able to see Lillith's strings earlier.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:15 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I'm a little sad that Rob explained the Scarecrow's and Tin Man's names. We'd have had a lot of fun with those on the forums.
    I'm also a fan of 'Jerry built' :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:18 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Can someone explain the puns behind A. Dummy , and Jerry Can?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:19 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
    What I find especially interesting is the fact that Isaac thinks that Maxwell helped Charlie attune. Both Wanda and Stanley needed no help to attune to their respective tools.This further fuels the theories that Charlie is not the "rightful" user of the Arkendish and fits the "Charlie is a cheating bastard" theme. It also would mean that the Titanic atunement plan can be subverted, provided there is one in the first place.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:23 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Shiny Red Star
    However Isaac may be saved, it's likely to be through Bad means. Isaac may soon be the only Mind left, aside from Roger. Faced with death, can he let go of this whole Badness idea? If needed, will he be willing and able to remove the sword of Damocles from Maggie?

Less interestingly, I guess this settles the debate: Golems do have upkeep.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:27 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Sir Dr D wrote:

The scarecrow is a brainless dummy. The tin-man is a tin-can that was jerry-built.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:27 am 
    Sir Dr D wrote:

For Jerry Can, that was an container designed for the german army around 1930.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerrycan

For A. Dummy I can think of: "a dummy" as in "an idiot"
    or
    crash-test dummy (trying to crash other peoples peace of mind)
    or
    dummy as in decoy

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:28 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Bandaid wrote:
    What I find especially interesting is the fact that Isaac thinks that Maxwell helped Charlie attune. Both Wanda and Stanley needed no help to attune to their respective tools.This further fuels the theories that Charlie is not the "rightful" user of the Arkendish and fits the "Charlie is a cheating bastard" theme. It also would mean that the Titanic atunement plan can be subverted, provided there is one in the first place.

Yeah. I try to refrain from being a "loophole!" guy, but if they were regularly checking in on Max (it's implied Isaac did this physically from a nearby hex), and they think Max helped Charlie to attune, it's nearly impossible to believe they didn't know Charlie was a Carny. How would that work? Was he a secret Carny even before he attuned? From before he was first an Overlord? How would Max not know this? And this question doesn't even touch the content of book 0; I suspect there's a couple chronology issues with that book now.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:28 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I was surprised to learn Isaac was in the golem and ejected from the Great Minds. I didn't guess that from previous updates.

I find it very interesting and counter-intuitive in a mechanics way that Isaac-in-the-golem has access to and control over Isaac's purse. That doesn't sound normal at all. It implies that the purse is closely related to the soul, that-which-defines-a-unit.

Also very interesting hints about the nature of Turnamancy. Turnamancy controls popping and juice, for instance. Really powerful discipline, if so.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:29 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Isn't long yarn an expression for sailors' BS?

(edited for spelling)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:32 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Nice rendition of the troll (twoll?) face there. Jester/straw man indeed.

What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:37 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    TheEcologist wrote:

(edited for spelling)

A yarn is just a story or tale.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:41 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    twhitt wrote:
    Bandaid wrote:

Yeah. I try to refrain from being a "loophole!" guy, but if they were regularly checking in on Max (it's implied Isaac did this physically from a nearby hex), and they think Max helped Charlie to attune, it's nearly impossible to believe they didn't know Charlie was a Carny. How would that work? Was he a secret Carny even before he attuned? From before he was first an Overlord? How would Max not know this? And this question doesn't even touch the content of book 0; I suspect there's a couple chronology issues with that book now.

A few possibilities:

1. Isaac was looking at Max, not Charlie.
    2. They didn't know Charlie of Charlsecom was the same Charlie of El Ef Baum. Charlie is a common name, and there have been more than one Mary
    3. Isaac wasn't able to spy on Charlie once he attuned. The attuning may have been instant.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:43 am 
    Lipkin wrote:
    TheEcologist wrote:

(edited for spelling)

A yarn is just a story or tale.

Seaman's yarn (German Seemannsgarn) is indeed an expression for sailors' BS as you put it. I do not know if long yarn holds a similar meaning.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Think the "Stuffy Doll" is a reference to this guy?

Spoiler: show

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions