Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 106
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:33 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 106
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:46 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Amazing and unexpected. A DoS-attack to get around not harming. Also having an archon sacrifice themselves to trip the trap! Makes a nice cat and mouse sort of thing. But why did the DoS-attack stop?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:48 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Erfmover Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    That was pretty awesome...can the GMTTA come up with some sort of Adblock spell?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:48 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Wow.. spamming as an act of war.. that's a new one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:02 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Nooooo don't take the croaked archon. It's a trap! Double agent! Bugged! It is worth the a small bit of his treasury to get a spy in on the other side. Red flags everywhere!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:11 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip
    I will say, it seems sketchy that another archon tripped the bomb and Charlie stopped his DDOS right as she found it. She's going where he wants her to, now.

But the page was a thrilling read. I don't know what those guys going on about "obviously we know Charlie won't die so what's the point" were talking about. Just because we're pretty sure we know what won't happen doesn't mean we know what WILL happen. I didn't expect any of this, certainly!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:14 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Sound familiar?

This update was awesome. Lilith really made Charlie freak out.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:16 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Brachen wrote:
    Amazing and unexpected. A DoS-attack to get around not harming. Also having an archon sacrifice themselves to trip the trap! Makes a nice cat and mouse sort of thing. But why did the DoS-attack stop?

I suspect Charlie is not hooked up to the dish, yet, so this is a DDoS - each archon was independently spending juice to spam her.

Then they ran out of juice, or decided to conserve it, or lost line of sight (do they even need it?)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:16 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    Not even Charlie can plan for every contingency. I very much doubt he could force a decrypted Archon to remain loyal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:21 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Maybe Charlie will try to lure Parson through the portal by stopping Lilith just shy of her goal.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:22 am 
    lunar2000 wrote:
    Nooooo don't take the croaked archon. It's a trap! Double agent! Bugged! It is worth the a small bit of his treasury to get a spy in on the other side. Red flags everywhere!

Huh. Could he bug them? He only just learned how she ticked minutes ago. I guess he's online, though. If anyone could plant something that won't just switch to Wanda's alignment it's... it's morality, not Charlie. We've already seen this. Archons are raised to be fanatic, and that can be realigned to a new object. You need be driven something other than loyalty to not become loyal to Wanda.

Lilith knows how to stop Archons with just communication, but Charlie can brute force it. And Charlie at least kept her from bringing Wanda a Fox Force Fiver. I wonder if the one who tripped the bomb is named Eve.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:33 am 
    I'm reminded of the WWWYZZERDD from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:35 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    This new application of Thinkamancy is pretty scary. What if Charlie were to use the Dish to spam an enemy Chief Warlord in a critical fight, or worse, an Overlord who likes to fight their own battles (like Stanley)? That'd pretty much be GG.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:40 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Wow, that was dirty. Wonder if this was inspired by Rob's recent battle with malignant advertisements.

I wonder what would have happened if she had accepted a request for parley? Could she have stopped the attack but kept the person (Charley?) on the other line in the background? Seems like it would give that person intel around her but it would at least stop the attacks maybe?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:43 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Spades Suit Pip
    Should the DoS dialog box have "Accept" and "Decline" in it? I'm not sure if I'd like that better or worse than just "Ok"..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:45 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    Daethalion wrote:
    This new application of Thinkamancy is pretty scary. What if Charlie were to use the Dish to spam an enemy Chief Warlord in a critical fight, or worse, an Overlord who likes to fight their own battles (like Stanley)? That'd pretty much be GG.

Another reason for Lilith to make it back, this is almost as impotent intel as the guns.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:51 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Infidel wrote:
    Daethalion wrote:

Another reason for Lilith to make it back, this is almost as impotent intel as the guns.

Emphasis mine.

Typo too giggle-worthy to ignore.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:55 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    @catchTwentythree

I interpreted it this way.

Lilith starts to reveal truth of Charlie to archons. This is utterly unacceptable.
    Charlie starts spam attack.
    Archons take most of her captured goods from her. Most importantly, they get the archon corpses.
    She stumbles around. Charlie orders one of his own to set off the bomb (lower cost to him than the chance that Lilith will go for it and actually succeed), and others to leave immediate vicinity.
    Charlie drops spam attack when the bomb goes off (I'm guessing doing that is effort or juice intensive).

If we assume that Charlie hasn't bugged that croaked archon (a small recording/transmitting device of some kind?), then he's planning further resistance at the portal. He's probably planning further resistance at the portal anyways. He might also be interested in how intact a corpse needs be to be decrypted (or have retained part of it to examine in process when decryption is attempted).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:11 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    J wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Daethalion wrote:

Emphasis mine.

Typo too giggle-worthy to ignore.

ROFL, wow, spell-correct fail.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:17 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Oh my, what an update. Too bad Fox Forcers were denied to Parson, but I guess that would be just too much intel to be had at this point.

I wonder what will happen though. This is becoming very interesting... Perhaps Lilith will take a jump at the portal... Imagine she went through...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions