Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 100
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:01 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 100
     Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:05 am 
    And now we either get to see if Overlords can disobey orders or Stanley flipping out over what's happened without him...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 am 
    FIRST :p
    Love the elf gear, Stanley's reaction should be pretty good, would he be able to feel the treasury move?

Last edited by Kire on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:09 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    They're actually going to disband Lilith.

Oh come on, Parson could do better.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:12 am 
    Feral Partypus wrote:

Without a way to deliver fine grained orders, there really isn't much they can do.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:13 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Feral Partypus wrote:

Such as?

They don't have any means on hand of actually contacting the archon. They could try to negotiate with Charlie, and ask him to simply let their unit escape - but I can't see Charlie going for that, and even if they could make it worth his while she might kill more units during negotiations.

They could contact Isaac, but that would take longer than contacting their overlord via the eyebooks.

So yes, this is the most expedient solution. The only problem is that Charlie might still be able to stop the communications from going through - though considering it's likely only been minutes since he was fleeing for his life, I find it hard to believe he would be focused on that rather than on capturing Lilith. If the communications do fail, then he can simply go for contacting Isaac.

Stanley will likely be pissed off over losing so much of the treasury, so I can see him going with the disbandment order if it stops the damage.

Last edited by dichologos on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:15 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    This seems like such a lazy response but this is how they're forced to parlay I guess? I just can't help but feel this is where Stanley refuses since even if the cities are razed they can reconquer them quickly and on their turn if they're smart while Charlie has NO way to manage that many positions. It's an interesting quandry, if anything technically Stanley may be able to duty-order her into suicide by archon?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:18 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Xeranar wrote:
    This seems like such a lazy response but this is how they're forced to parlay I guess? I just can't help but feel this is where Stanley refuses since even if the cities are razed they can reconquer them quickly and on their turn if they're smart while Charlie has NO way to manage that many positions. It's an interesting quandry, if anything technically Stanley may be able to duty-order her into suicide by archon?

They can't reconquer them quickly if they are broke, and when their armies are likely not necessarily near the specific cities that might be lost. In fact, they can't really conquer them at all, because if Charlie defends them attacking them in return would simply cause them to lose even more. I can't see Charlie doing anything else but holding on to all of the assets which he can.

Also, the archons likely have an order from Charlie by now that they have to capture her alive. Unlike Parson, he can give orders via the dish pretty much instantly as far as we know. You also know full well how devoted to Charlie the archons tend to be, so I can't see any of them disobeying his order - even if it got them killed.

So unless Lilith has the power to mind-control a Charlescomm unit into killing her, or something, there's really no way I can see her forcing their side to kill her.

Just because there isn't a clever solution in this particular case doesn't mean it is lazy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:21 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Can someone explain the magnets?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:23 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    Noooooooo! Do not disband Lilith.

Can't the Tool just order her to stand down?

But I do think the disband is not going to happen. Stanley will either disobey, or the disband isn't going to work. No one has tried to disband a decrypted yet.

Stanley is going to be really mad at Parson for this. Parson signed the contract with Charlie. Parson gave the order to try to croak Charlie. Parson ordered Maggie to do the link. Its possible Parson can convince the Tool to blame Wanda, but the Tool isn't rational. Something harsh is going to happen.

Now this part of the story is either Parson matching wits with Charlie again by trying to take advantage of the situation, or a game changer where Parson is forced to change sides.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:23 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    I feel like it can't be that simple. There has been a lot of pages leading up to what is going to happen to Lilith. I doubt she'll just blink out of existence.

Charlie has hacked the Eyebooks, so I expect we'll get a three-way conversation between Parson, Stanley, and Charlie. Charlie will offer to buy Lillith for the cost of everything GK has lost, and maybe more. Such an offer removes Parson's ability to order Stanley, as it offers an alternative to save the side. Parson will still want to refuse the offer, but he won't know about the Juggles and the strain they represent upon the treasury. Stanley obviously knows about them and will take the deal.

The side is now out of immediate danger, but Charlie has Lilith and they are powerless to do anything about it, and Wanda will flip her shit.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

Last edited by Lipkin on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:24 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Will Wanda allow for this unit she fought for to just be disbanded? Is there a way for her units to suddenly not be units of gobwin knob? I really wonder what that woman is thinking and how she even feels about this situation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:24 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Windscion wrote:

The Juggles certainly can't.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:27 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip
    Is this to be Lilith's end? Not with a bang, but with a disbandment... Well, at least she's delivered quite a bang or two already.

And I suspect the bang of Stanley's temper exploding would be fireworks enough.

As for the magnets, I got nothing, but the abundance of bling makes me even more worried about GK's finances. Folks already mentioned worries that Stanley couldn't afford natural allies on a reduced treasury, but now I worry that he's already promised primo payments to them.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Windscion wrote:

Look up Insane Clown Posse and Magnets

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:29 am 
    Magnets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYEnN8cqPSY

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:31 am 
    I seriously doubt Lilith is going to get disbanded. Especially because of the look on Stanley's face.

Soval wrote:
    Feral Partypus wrote:

Without a way to deliver fine grained orders, there really isn't much they can do.

Parson might not be aware of this mechanic, but the ruler has natural thinkamancy that allows them to send orders.

dichologos wrote:
    I can't see Charlie doing anything else but holding on to all of the assets which he can.

He only uses one city and archons are the only living units he's got. He'd either raze the cities and disband the units or donate them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:31 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Oh my god. Magnets, how do they work?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:32 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Lipkin wrote:
    Windscion wrote:

The Juggles certainly can't.

Awesome. Thanks for the laugh.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:33 am 
    What would happen if Wanda went Barbarian right now? Are the decrypted bound to her? Because if she went barbarian, and so did the decrypted, Lilith wouldn't be a GK unit and she could croak whoever she wanted.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions