Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Website Things » Bug Reports

Post subject: Formatting Fails
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:42 pm 
Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Couldn't resist the alliteration in the title, apologies if it sounds insulting, it isn't meant to be!

I've noticed that in the forums, the formatting tags are a bit off, two ways in particular but there may be others:
Quote:
  • Lists don't work. There is an indent, but no bullets or numbers appear.
  • When someone applies formatting to a quote, it doesn't work. I've seen multiple people now say they've bolded something in a quote, but then no bolding shows.

Incidentally, I've demonstrated both issues in this very post. It's like bugception or something :)

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Formatting Fails
     Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:47 pm 
    Site Admin
    This user is a Tool! Battle Crest Pins Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I've sent an email to our designer to see if he can fix the issue.

Thanks again for your help

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:49 am 
    Site Admin
    This user is a Tool! Battle Crest Pins Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Fixed. Please tell us if we missed something. As always, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:59 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    It would appear that Italic and Underline work in a quote, but Bolding still doesn't.
    Quote:
    checking to see how bold we are.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:53 pm 
    Site Admin
    0beron wrote:
    It would appear that Italic and Underline work in a quote, but Bolding still doesn't.
    Quote:
    checking to see how bold we are.

For me Bold is bold. Is this correct?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:07 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    Bold does not show up as bold for me either.

but I just made an extra check. Bold does not work in Firefox apparently, because if I watch this topic in Chrome, bold formatting does work.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:32 pm 
    Site Admin
    Knott wrote:
    Bold does not show up as bold for me either.

but I just made an extra check. Bold does not work in Firefox apparently, because if I watch this topic in Chrome, bold formatting does work.

Try again, it should be working now in firefox.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:55 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    Yeah, now bold shows up inside quotes, but still not outside of quotes.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:11 pm 
    Site Admin
    Now that's weird.

It's been added to our bug tracker. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:06 pm 
    I'm on IE9 right now (at work, we have no choice sadly) and I too am seeing bold correctly inside of quotes but not outside of it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:57 am 
    Site Admin
    This should be fixed in our next batch of updates. We are hoping to push these updates to production either today or tomorrow.

Thank you

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:08 am 
    On IE9 I am seeing all formats display correctly, both in and out of quotes, and lists appear to work as well.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Website Things » Bug Reports