Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » LiveRjournal

Post subject: Stuff to amuse Linda
 Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:36 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
At the suggestion of user Kryton, this is a thread for posting general "humor, news, sharing-like-friends-updates-stuff, (no cancer/medical/drama/tragedy) the kind of stuff that she can open and read the latest and feel the human connections, no expectations of replies or such, more a reading file for us to fill for her when her juice is running low and she can get a warm fuzzy just reading a few bits and pieces of us sharing for her."

I thought that was a really nice idea, and Linda did too. So...have at it! What's made you laugh lately?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Stuff to amuse Linda
     Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:12 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    I've got some bad ideas I can contribute. Here's one:

I wonder what it would sound like to hear the musical "Cats" performed as elevator music, but exclusively on bagpipes?

Outside of bad ideas, the only other funny stuff I have is puns. (Well, I think they're funny.)

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:27 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    2 Fish are in a tank, one says to the other "Hey mate, do you know how to drive this thing?"

The other one replies with: "Nah mate, I was trained in the navy!" :lol:

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:42 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Ruler of Erfworld
    I just watched Mars Attacks with my wife. She did not like it, so I know it isn't for everyone. I suspect your sense of humor is closer to mine than my wife's, and I laughed heartily.

Ack ack ack ack!

Just something I enjoyed recently. Be well.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:22 pm 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I'll just leave this here.

https://www.nextnature.net/2010/05/norw ... ft-skills/

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:34 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    This Past Saturday we welcomed to the world our new grandson! The parents are finding out how exhausting it is to keep up with an every-3-hour feeding round the clock schedule!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:08 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    sdub wrote:

:D

Made me think of this old Ole and Sven joke (a traditional ethnic joke about Norwegians; my grandparents were from Minn-ah-sooooo-tah and my grandma was born in Norway):
      Ole and Sven go moose hunting every winter without any success. Finally, they come up with a foolproof plan. They get a very authentic female moose costume and learn the mating call of a female moose. The plan is to hide in the costume, lure the bull, then come out of the costume and shoot it. They set themselves up on the edge of a clearing, don their costume, and begin to give the moose love call.

Before long, their call is answered when a bull comes crashing out of the forest and into the clearing. When the bull is close enough, Ole shouts, "Okay, let’s get out and get him."

After a moment that seemed like an eternity, Sven in the back shouts, "Da zipper is stuck! Da zipper is stuck! Ole, vat are ve gonna do?"

Ole says, "Vell Sven, I'm going ta start nibbling grass, but you'd better brace yourself."

Borrowed from Love for Life.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 pm 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    This amused me greatly today:

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/ind ... wnies.html

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:02 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    sdub wrote:

It's a shame she didn't go with Pot Brownies. No one would care that she'd tampered with them.

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:36 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Hearts Suit Pip
    I know blogs aren't fashionable these days, but this one has by far the best articles I've encountered on the internet. Perhaps good for something to read for a couple of hours.

https://waitbutwhy.com/archive

e.g.

history: https://waitbutwhy.com/2016/01/horizontal-history.html
    travel: https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/08/19-thing ... geria.html
    science: https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/03/why-is-my-laptop-on.html
    sociology: https://waitbutwhy.com/2013/08/the-appl ... e-you.html

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:16 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    I'm considering writing a story about the search for great spaghetti in a nuclear wasteland.

It will be a pastapocalyptic tale.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:39 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    A recent favorite I heard was a very simple one:

Why did the turtle cross the road?

It was the chicken's day off.

:D

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:14 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    If you like legal humor, https://loweringthebar.net/

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Ruler of Erfworld
    This came from my best friend. No idea where he got it, probably the internets

Why shouldn't you trust stairs? :|

Spoiler: show
    Because they are always up to something :hamstard:

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:52 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Salvage wrote:
    This came from my best friend. No idea where he got it, probably the internets

Why shouldn't you trust stairs? :|

Spoiler: show
    Because they are always up to something :hamstard:

Are you sure?
    Attachment:
    stairstonowhere.jpg
    stairstonowhere.jpg [ 22.24 KiB | Viewed 2386 times ]

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:17 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    If you need a giggle, ZeFrank recently ended his YouTube hiatus and started posting in his True Facts nature series again! I think my absolute favorite is the "True Facts: Frog Fish" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRP4nAGMYCY

His channel has a whole playlist of them, plus other fun things. Fair warning -- some of the true facts about animals can be a little gross.

ZeFrank and his internet experiments go WAY back, and they're worth checking out on his site too (though I don't think it's been updated in a long while now):

http://www.zefrank.com/

Hope this brings someone a smile! :)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:50 am 
    @copperhamster - Yes I am sure you should never trust stairs. Especially if the stairs have got you against a wall :D

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:59 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Breakfast.com halted - Cereal port not found.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:51 am 
    Sorry if this is just my weirdness showing, but the following article is one of funniest series of chemistry-related articles I' ve ever come across, and it is also one of those you don't need knowledge of chemistry to enjoy.

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/ar ... rine_azide

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:12 pm 
    noname hero wrote:
    Sorry if this is just my weirdness showing, but the following article is one of funniest series of chemistry-related articles I' ve ever come across, and it is also one of those you don't need knowledge of chemistry to enjoy.

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/ar ... rine_azide

I think his best is 'Sand won't save this time' or perhaps the FOOF article.

It's a great site.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » LiveRjournal