Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » LiveRjournal

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:53 am 
Site Admin
This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st For when you need it most
Welcome Erfworld Readers.

I want to start by thanking each and every one of you for your unconditional show of support for Erfworld and the Team. Even if you haven’t done anything at all but are an Erfworld reader, thank you.

I’m working hard at answering every email and PM that you’ve sent me. If I haven’t gotten back to you yet, I will soon. Your words of heart felt well-wishes, prayers, love, and encouragement mean the world to me. I can’t thank you enough.

We thought it might be a good idea for me to start a journal to keep track of how I’m doing so when the doctors ask me certain questions I won’t have to try to remember I can just refer to my journal.

Rob thought maybe some of you (if you can stomach it) might be interested in following this experience with me. I certainly wouldn’t blame you if you decide not to go beyond this page. We already know it’s not going to be fun but it might be educational. :geek:

One thing is for certain. Rob is a pro at making me laugh even when I don’t want to. Like after the biopsy last Friday. It’s not that I was unhappy or in a foul mood but every time I laughed pain would shoot across my right side where the procedure had been done and no matter how many times I said to him to just stop talking he kept making funny remarks which made me laugh even more. At one point he even took my picture before, during, and after his making me laugh. I went from a normal “cheeese” to “ow” to “ooooh” then back to “cheese”. :D

I’m not a writer. This “LiveRjournal” will, for the most part be boring. At times I will mention some deeply personal thoughts and maybe I’ll get a chance to talk about something Rob and I were able to do to distract ourselves from reality for a while.

And you might not be aware that I have two children. They’re adults now but they’ll always be my babies. My daughter Jessica will turn 26 this year and my son Thor will turn 24. They’re taking the news very hard and undoubtedly I’ll be mentioning them from time to time.

So don’t be disappointed if you read my posts and they don’t capture the excitement of an Erfworld update. I’m generally a boring person with not much to say but I’ll do my best to at least be a wee bit entertaining.

Just call me Baldino. It's what you get when you combine Balder with Paolino.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:08 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I think I speak for everyone here when I say we do NOT want you to work hard at keeping up with replies to all our well wishes. I mean, if you have fun doing that then by all means keep doing it. But the moment it becomes stressfull, stop it. I imagine you get swamped with mail right now and no one in his or her right mind will be offended if you do not answer.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    We're all here for you. Maybe not in the flesh, but we're out there and we care. If you're willing to write it, we're willing to read it. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:16 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Anybody willing to write about her cancer in a blog called "LiveRjournal" (even if her husband talked her into it) is a world treasure. Thank you.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:25 am 
    Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I hate to disagree with you right off the bat Linda but no, you're not boring. This isn't boring And you're not a bad writer. You're you. And that comes across.

It is a gift that you are willing to share this with us all and whether that's long, short, or enough ee cummings poetry style haiku to make certain people shake their heads it is our privilege that you are willing to share it.

Do whatever makes you happiest. Find your pleasures and do what you wish.

Also some livery for you.

Last edited by Violet on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:16 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    I expect to keep reading this journal as long as it takes for Linda to close it down because it is not an issue anymore, and she comes up with much better things to write about. All the best!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:58 am 
    Facebook: Kelibath
    Google+: +Kelibath
    Thank you so very much for sharing with us, it's such a privilege to be party to any of this information, and it certainly isn't boring. As someone who battles chronic illness I can understand how frustrating and samey the symptoms become for the person dealing with it all - but from the outside, you are simply cared about, and deserve a chance to express yourself. I'm sorry for not having directly contacted you but we are all here in mutual support and are with you during this, albeit in our limited capacities. Once again if you need anything at all, just ask. I'm sure at least one person on these forums will have the skillset to give it a shot!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Love and Prayers
     Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:06 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Linda, it's very courageous of you to have this journal out in public space, and I don't care how boring you think your writing is, I will be following this post-by-post. Sharing has its own therapeutic benefit. I have a family member fighting breast cancer right now, I have lost 2 other family members to cancer, and I lost my almost 2nd wife (engaged) without warning to complications of pneumonia with her 'managed' carcinoma.
    You will be in my prayers daily.
    And tell your husband to trust the team, he can let go of finicky 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th review-edit-chase-perfection. Write the story, throw it over the partition wall, trust that the fans will be completely satisfied with the product the team makes of it, 95% is good enough, save that 50% of most any project's effort that is usually spent chasing 4 of the last 5%.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:20 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    You don't have to worry about being boring. It's safe to say that we're all far more interested in your recovery and well-being than in any fictional story.

Whatever you feel like sharing, we'll read it. And whether you feel like writing about something or not, know that you have a large crowd of people rooting for you every step of the way.

*A Very Erfworld Questmas - Peace on Erf.
    *Blast From The Past - 10 part story about an army frozen in time. Finished!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:26 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I will not comment often, as I doubt there is much I can contribute. Just know that I am reading and that I care, like so many here.

Thank you for sharing. By Fate, by Luck, and by Numbers; May the Titans be with you.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:20 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Thank you for writing this, and I agree with the others, you absolutely ARE a writer, and definitely NOT boring. :D

Praying for you, and I'll be reading this regularly, in part so that I will know how to pray for you more specifically.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:21 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    This hurts my heart so much. Sending you the most positive thoughts I can muster. Here's hoping for some Master-class -Titanic, even -- Healomancy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I'll keep reading, and hoping for good news.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:58 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Mined 4 Erf
    Just to add to all the well wishes and warm thoughts, as others have said I will be keeping up with this also and no you are not boring (and even if you were I would read because this comic and the family around it mean a lot to me but I would avoid lying and just not say anything ;) ).

Be strong and here is hoping this is something you can look back on later, far far on the other side of all this.

Much love to you, Rob and your kids.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:09 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Darn it... I wrote a nice little note and timed out, so now I have to remember.

... Something, something... I hope this journal is boring. I hope the only thing you have to write about end up being what silly thing Rob did that made you laugh this time. I hope you find everything else so utterly bland that it never occurs to you to write about it. ... Something, something.... ;)

I think it's cool you have adult children. I have two myself, and understand the "babies" thing. Mine will always be my babies, just like I was my mom's. She always introduced me that way and I went through a period of really resenting it (teenagers, amirite?) but after having my own, I totally understood.

My sons are going through something similar with their dad (my ex). He went through a liver resection about a month ago, due to metastatic melanoma, but was feeling well enough yesterday to go see "Ready Player One" with our youngest. Being able to enjoy "normal" things like that make a huge difference with how they handle the bad stuff. Of course they've had a bit more time to deal with it all, too.

Take care and update when you want. We'll be around. ;)

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:16 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Linda Balder wrote:
    ... and my son Thor ....

You've inspired my latest Wait Wait Wait (Parson Learns Something) fan comic. :)

WARNING @LINDA: You may laugh.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:53 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    One of my friends decided to do this when she was diagnosed with cancer. It was hard to read at times, but it was also nice to have that insight to read.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:56 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I can honestly say that I have enjoyed everything you have done so far and we are with you in the struggle.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:01 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Yahoo Messenger: goodrid8
    Yshl wrote:

It certainly made me laugh. :)

Linda Balder wrote:
    This will be boring.

I've never been great at words, but... We love you. We want you to feel better. Please write whatever makes the most sense to you at the time. We'll love it, because it will help us feel in touch with you, without taking up more of your time than you are willing to share.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:16 pm 
    Site Admin
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st For when you need it most
    Yshl wrote:
    Linda Balder wrote:
    ... and my son Thor ....

You've inspired my latest Wait Wait Wait (Parson Learns Something) fan comic. :)

You’ve been spending way too much time in the channel with Rob. His goofy sense of humor has rubbed off onto you. That truly made me laugh. Thanks Yshl.

And thank you all for being here for me. You don’t have to make me laugh. Just knowing you’re there and that you truly care is enough. <3

Just call me Baldino. It's what you get when you combine Balder with Paolino.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:47 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most
    I am already a fan, Linda.

Stay strong!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » LiveRjournal