Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:23 am 
Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most
I feel like a idiot having to ask, and I dunno if this is the right spot to, but there's no instructions I can find how to do this and I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work. So, how do I place stuff in my profile display case?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 am 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Seconded. I have no idea how to accomplish this.

Also Havlock are you a fan of the expanse by chance?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most
    On your profile page, open the section containing the item you want to display. Then click the Display button on that item's row. You can manipulate items using the same controls as on the mine pages.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:26 pm 
    Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most
    Jaxad0127 wrote:
    On your profile page, open the section containing the item you want to display. Then click the Display button on that item's row. You can manipulate items using the same controls as on the mine pages.

Uh, there isn't a display button on the items there or anywhere. I checked it in both Firefox and Vivaldi (Chromium based) and it doesn't show up in either browser. Is something broken with the profile page?

Cryptomancer wrote:

Nope. I've heard of the Expanse but I haven't watched it. I chose this username 'cause I'm a fan of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series and misspelled Havelock from Patrician Havelock Vetinari's name.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:44 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most
    Havlock wrote:
    Jaxad0127 wrote:

Uh, there isn't a display button on the items there or anywhere. I checked it in both Firefox and Vivaldi (Chromium based) and it doesn't show up in either browser. Is something broken with the profile page?

Just to triple confirm. On your site profile page, you don't see any Display buttons in the Units (of which you have 1), Gems (of which you have 36), or Cards (of which you have 41) tables? It looks like you've changed the display area a bit.

After some testing, if the browser window is too narrow, they might be covered up by the sidebar. Under your Cards, there should be navigation at the bottom of the table. Do you see the Next button cut off?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:24 am 
    Jaxad0127 wrote:
    Just to triple confirm. On your site profile page, you don't see any Display buttons in the Units (of which you have 1), Gems (of which you have 36), or Cards (of which you have 41) tables? It looks like you've changed the display area a bit.

After some testing, if the browser window is too narrow, they might be covered up by the sidebar. Under your Cards, there should be navigation at the bottom of the table. Do you see the Next button cut off?

I double checked in both Firefox 60.0.2 (64-bit) and Vivaldi 1.15.1147.47 whether I had the zoom set wrong and they're both at 100%, so it's not that.

I disabled all the add-ons and extensions for both browsers and reloaded the profile page and the Display button did not appear.

I checked if it somehow ran off the edge by putting "display" in the CTRL+F "find in page," but it only found that text in one spot, in "display case" at the top.

And the Next button is not cut off at all in either browser.

I did fiddle with the display case a bit, clicking on the hexes alone and in combo with other keys to see if items were added there. That's how I found out that pressing the up and down keys adjust the height of a selected hex up and down, respectively.

I'll attach screenshots of the unit, gem and card listings for me in both browsers so you can see exactly what I see.

Attachments:
    File comment: Profile page unit, gem and card listings in Vivaldi.
    Profile page in Vivaldi 1.15.1147.47.JPG
    Profile page in Vivaldi 1.15.1147.47.JPG [ 94.52 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]
    File comment: Profile page unit, gem and card listings in Firefox.
    Profile page in Firefox 60.0.2 64-bit.JPG
    Profile page in Firefox 60.0.2 64-bit.JPG [ 100.2 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:25 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Have you tried doing a hard refresh on your profile page? Your browser might have an older version of the profile page cached. To do a hard refresh go to your profile page, hold down the Ctrl key, and press F5. On Mac you can do ⌘ Cmd + ⇧ Shift + R. This works in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Opera, and most other browsers.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:43 pm 
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    Have you tried doing a hard refresh on your profile page? Your browser might have an older version of the profile page cached. To do a hard refresh go to your profile page, hold down the Ctrl key, and press F5. On Mac you can do ⌘ Cmd + ⇧ Shift + R. This works in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Opera, and most other browsers.

Did a hard refresh in both Firefox and Vivaldi, both with and without all extensions disabled, and there's no difference. Still no Display button. BTW, I'm on Windows 10.

I also checked my profile page in Chrome for iOS 9.3.5 and it was missing the Display buttons as well. Though, the gems and cards entries ran off the edge and under the right sidebar. However, the unit entry did not, so the Display button couldn't have been hidden there.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:02 pm 
    Ah, the Display buttons are showing up in my profile like they should be now. Wonderful! I take it that there was a bug somewhere that was breaking adding the buttons to the lists, right?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:56 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Havlock wrote:
    Ah, the Display buttons are showing up in my profile like they should be now. Wonderful! I take it that there was a bug somewhere that was breaking adding the buttons to the lists, right?

You'd have to ask the devs for the specifics. I'm afraid I don't know the answer.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:05 am 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Cryptomancer wrote:

Nope. I've heard of the Expanse but I haven't watched it. I chose this username 'cause I'm a fan of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series and misspelled Havelock from Patrician Havelock Vetinari's name.[/quote]

I only ask cause there's a character named Havlock in the series. From the writing style it can be assumed that James S. A. Corey is a huge nerd that likes to make references so its possible that its a Pratchett reference

Havlock wrote:

Looks like whatever the devs did fixed it cause it works for me now too

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:18 pm 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I think there was an intermittent bug in the interaction between the collectibles tables and the display case that was causing the Display / Hide buttons to be missing sometimes. This was mostly reproducible for me on my Cards list, where the first page would have the buttons and the second page would not. Sorting and searching would not update the buttons either, only the items originally listed on that first page would have them.

Anyway, I think this is fixed, if anyone who was having the problem wants to poke around and make sure it's fixed (or give a specific instance where it isn't, in terms of paging/sorting/searching behavior to reproduce a problem).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:25 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Red wrote:
    I think there was an intermittent bug in the interaction between the collectibles tables and the display case that was causing the Display / Hide buttons to be missing sometimes. This was mostly reproducible for me on my Cards list, where the first page would have the buttons and the second page would not. Sorting and searching would not update the buttons either, only the items originally listed on that first page would have them.

Anyway, I think this is fixed, if anyone who was having the problem wants to poke around and make sure it's fixed (or give a specific instance where it isn't, in terms of paging/sorting/searching behavior to reproduce a problem).

I have a slightly different problem.

Clicking the "Display" button for one of my units (my Gobwin from last month) does nothing.

The button has always been there (unlike some others, which are now present; thank you), but the unit doesn't show up and the button doesn't switch to "Hide" when clicked.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf