Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:06 am 
Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most
0.4.3 works fine for me, but running the new 0.5.0 release I just get into a loop of "Unknown exception" errors and restarts. There's not much information to share, but here's the transcript. I'm running Windows 10 with a GeForce 1070 card.

================================
Running the latest version!
Have the latest miners!
-------------------
Mine4Erf 0.5.0-beta
-------------------
Enter Erfworld username:
Ebb

Run automatically on startup? Run again and choose N at this prompt to remove later. (Y/N):
y

Mining for Erfworld! Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------
Graphics Cards (Please include in any bug report!)
OpenCL Card 0:0 - GeForce GTX 1070 [VRAM: 8589934592]
OpenCL Card 1:0 - Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 [VRAM: 3367878656]

Starting with parameters: -G --opencl-platform --opencl-devices 0
You can override these parameters by adding a hardware-detect-override.txt file to the miner's folder.

Bad --opencl-platform option: --opencl-devices
Error: Unknown exception
QUIT - Restarting in 60 seconds...
========================================

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:35 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    You may be able to solve this by forcing CUDA. I'm not 100% sure this works with 0.5.0 but try creating a text file named "hardware-detect-override.txt" in the same folder as mine4erf.exe and on the first line of the new text file put "-U --cuda-devices 0" (without quotes), save, and close it.

Geforce adapters use CUDA, not OpenCL. Most of them support OpenCL but they aren't really built for it.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:01 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most
    I appreciate the suggestion, but it doesn't look like that does the trick. I'll stick with 0.4.3 for now, it seems.

=========================

Mining for Erfworld! Thank you!

Graphics Cards (Please include in any bug report!)

Starting with parameters: -U --cuda-devices 0
    You can override these parameters by adding a hardware-detect-override.txt file to the miner's folder.

m 17:57:39|main | ethminer version 0.14.0.dev2
    m 17:57:39|main | Build: Windows/msvc / Release
    Error: Insufficient CUDA driver: 8000
    Trying different mining parameters...
    Starting with parameters: -U --cuda-devices 0

m 17:57:39|main | ethminer version 0.14.0.dev2
    m 17:57:39|main | Build: Windows/msvc / Release
    Error: Insufficient CUDA driver: 8000
    QUIT - Restarting in 60 seconds...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:06 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Looks like your nVidia drivers are out of date. I dunno if 0.4.3 is also using OpenCL. Might be if your CUDA drivers are outdated. But you're going to take a BIG performance hit no matter what version of mine4erf you use so long as you are using OpenCL. Nvidia cards are designed for CUDA.

You could also try "-G --opencl-platform 0 --opencl-device 0" to get it mining via OpenCL without updating drivers. But if it were me I'd want to take full advantage of a GTX 1070... they're supposed to be one of the better GeForce cards for mining.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:17 pm 
    That seems to have done the trick. Updated NVIDIA drivers, and now 0.5 is chugging along. Thanks!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:42 pm 
    Ebb wrote:
    That seems to have done the trick. Updated NVIDIA drivers, and now 0.5 is chugging along. Thanks!

Any time :-)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 am 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    For anyone who encounters the same problem as reported in the original post, I believe this should now be fixed in 0.5.1 and 0.5.2- on some Windows machines we needed to specify the OpenCL platform to use, but the logic for doing so was not correct. This should be fixed- if it happens again for anyone it'd be great to know.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf