Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post subject: Card rarity calculator
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:41 am 
This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
>>Spreadsheet<<

I plan on making a calculator to determine the rarity of each deck color, suit and card value. Ideally they will have an equal probability across the board but I suspect that to not be the case. Please post all cards in this thread whether they are mined or from launch.

Please use the following format

Code:
   Collected     Source   Value   Suit       Deck    ID
   03/14/2018    Launch   8       Diamonds   Black   10237
   03/14/2018    Launch   J       Spades     Black   10238
   03/14/2018    Launch   J       Spades     Black   10239    SOLD
   03/19/2018    Mined    3       Hearts     Blue    13973
   03/19/2018    Mined    Q       Spades     Blue    14143
   03/20/2018    Mined    10      Diamonds   Blue    14163
   03/20/2018    Mined    9       Diamonds   Black   14214

I will reformat this and post my initial findings later.

Last edited by Cryptomancer on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:47 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Code:
    03/20/2018   Mined   Q   Spades   Blue   14225
    03/19/2018   Mined   6   Diamonds   Blue   14067
    03/14/2018   Launch Reward   2   Spades   Black   10087
    03/14/2018   Launch Reward   3   Hearts   Black   10088
    03/14/2018   Launch Reward   A   Hearts   Black   10089

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:56 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Instead of duplicating efforts, perhaps you would like to work with Yshl who is already in the process of doing this?

Having two threads for reporting this will likely just result in neither thread having a full picture of what's going on.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:33 am 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    Instead of duplicating efforts, perhaps you would like to work with Yshl who is already in the process of doing this?

Having two threads for reporting this will likely just result in neither thread having a full picture of what's going on.

While that is true, and I am looking at data from both, I mean for this thread to extend beyond the monthly games and serve as an ongoing effort to track the rarity of the cards. Additionally some may not post their launch cards to that thread.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:19 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Cryptomancer wrote:
    JadedDragoon wrote:

While that is true, and I am looking at data from both, I mean for this thread to extend beyond the monthly games and serve as an ongoing effort to track the rarity of the cards. Additionally some may not post their launch cards to that thread.

Actually, Yshl is trying to build rarity data as well. That's why splitting the attention between the threads is gonna make things harder for both of you. He's specifically asking for their launch cards in that thread... and he specifically created only one thread to avoid the problem of having to comb two threads and filter out duplications.

I mean, obviously it's just a suggestion, but I do personally think it would be better for both of you if you worked together.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:40 pm 
    JadedDragoon wrote:
    Cryptomancer wrote:
    JadedDragoon wrote:

Actually, Yshl is trying to build rarity data as well. That's why splitting the attention between the threads is gonna make things harder for both of you. He's specifically asking for their launch cards in that thread... and he specifically created only one thread to avoid the problem of having to comb two threads and filter out duplications.

I mean, obviously it's just a suggestion, but I do personally think it would be better for both of you if you worked together.

So the short end of things is I'm an idiot and need to pay more attention when reading things. I'll shoot him a pm seeing if he wants to collab

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:53 pm 
    Cryptomancer wrote:
    So the short end of things is I'm an idiot and need to pay more attention when reading things. I'll shoot him a pm seeing if he wants to collab

Hey, it's ok. Lol. I've done the same kind of thing. There's a lot going on and, tbh, his OP could be a little clearer me thinks.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:02 pm 
    Tbf the reason I don't read things closely is I forget to put on my glasses

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf