Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 pm 
This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
What is your average time between gem or card drop? I have been mining almost nonstop since cards were announced and I've still only gotten a single card to drop. My shares are typically between 20-35 per hour. After doing some quick math on expected probability I should be getting a card or gem every 30-50 spins. With the bonus spins this means I should be getting at least one drop per day. It has become clear that I am no luckamancer.

Edit: Of course the roll after I complain about my luck I get another card

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Cryptomancer wrote:
    What is your average time between gem or card drop? I have been mining almost nonstop since cards were announced and I've still only gotten a single card to drop. My shares are typically between 20-35 per hour. After doing some quick math on expected probability I should be getting a card or gem every 30-50 spins. With the bonus spins this means I should be getting at least one drop per day. It has become clear that I am no luckamancer.

Edit: Of course the roll after I complain about my luck I get another card

The thing about the law of averages is that it only really works with a huge sample size. Your math matches my own... but extremes happen.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:47 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most
    For what it's worth, I've been mining since the system announced, for an average of probably 10 hours a day or so. I'm running about 24 Mh/s consistently.

I've mined five cards, plus the launch reward card.

I've mined zero gems. Zero gets its due, as they say. I do have one gem, thanks to a kind donation from a fellow miner, but the erf has turned up nothing.

I plan to continue mining, just to see how long I can keep the streak going. I'd be curious if the system maintains a record of how many spins have been taken; it'd be fun to officially claim my position on the far left of the bell curve.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:53 am 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Ebb wrote:
    I've mined zero gems. Zero gets its due, as they say. I do have one gem, thanks to a kind donation from a fellow miner, but the erf has turned up nothing.

I'm right there with you. I've gotten 3 cards now and zero gems. Luck is a cruel mistress

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:54 am 
    Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    I've posted similar info before. The first week the miner launched I wasn't keeping data, and wasn't running 24/7, I was getting about 10MH/s. I have a general idea of what my shares and spins were. Since then I've kept notes of every spin and share earned.

For the next couple weeks I ran 24/7, and my mining rate is a fairly consistent 15.2Mh/s. Now I've been running 3 to 8 hours a night, my electric rate is too high to be worth it with my setup.

My numbers:
    5 Gems (0 cards) from 4693 total shares and 408 spins (11.5 shares/spin)
    • Gem 1: 1063 shares, 111 spins (9.56 shares/spin) 1-point, small no glow
    • Gem 2: 1193 shares, 94 spins (12.69 shares/spin) 4-point, average no glow
    • Gem 3: 432 shares, 37 spins (11.68 shares/spin) 9-point, large no glow
    • Gem 4: 1094 shares, 88 spins (12.43 shares/spin) 1-point, small no glow
    • Gem 5: 911 shares, 78 spins (11.68 shares/spin) 10-point, small lucent
    Average: 939 shares / gem. A bit better than the average 1024 shares/gem.

Since card chances started I've gotten 434 shares, with no cards.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:02 pm 
    Atevi wrote:
    My numbers:
    5 Gems (0 cards) from 4693 total shares and 408 spins (11.5 shares/spin)
    • Gem 1: 1063 shares, 111 spins (9.56 shares/spin) 1-point, small no glow
    • Gem 2: 1193 shares, 94 spins (12.69 shares/spin) 4-point, average no glow
    • Gem 3: 432 shares, 37 spins (11.68 shares/spin) 9-point, large no glow
    • Gem 4: 1094 shares, 88 spins (12.43 shares/spin) 1-point, small no glow
    • Gem 5: 911 shares, 78 spins (11.68 shares/spin) 10-point, small lucent
    Average: 939 shares / gem. A bit better than the average 1024 shares/gem.

Since card chances started I've gotten 434 shares, with no cards.

I'm doing the exact opposite it seems. I've gotten 4 card drops and no gems after a few thousand shares. I don't know the exact numbers as I haven't been tracking it

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:17 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    I've not really been keeping track of my own stats. Is there any way to access it? Just for curiosity sake. Even if I've not struck rich, it'd be a small stake just to see the numbers increase while I grumble to myself about the Gambler's Fallacy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:10 am 
    Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    ThePartyGecko wrote:
    I've not really been keeping track of my own stats. Is there any way to access it?

Not that I know of, I've just been entering the number of chances for each spin into a spreadsheet. It takes a little work, but I like to see what the numbers are.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:48 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I'm wondering if the "Just spin everything" option boops you - I've probably spun 300+ times with 20 shares average and haven't mined anything in that time. I do have a gem that I spun very very close to the beginning of using mine4erf (mined 3/11) and one mined card (similarly, pretty early on), but I've probably had a week of mining, minimum, with no dice.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:19 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    dethmourne wrote:
    I'm wondering if the "Just spin everything" option boops you - I've probably spun 300+ times with 20 shares average and haven't mined anything in that time. I do have a gem that I spun very very close to the beginning of using mine4erf (mined 3/11) and one mined card (similarly, pretty early on), but I've probably had a week of mining, minimum, with no dice.

I always do "just spin everything". Have since the beginning.

Your result is... unlikely. But it's not impossible. Still, might be worth it to have Red or JBeshir take a look.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:22 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I'll give it another few days before I bother bugging the admins. I've got StupidWorld things going on right now that are more important than gems/cards.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf