Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:41 pm 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf
I was able to successfully download, extract, add folder to avira exception list. However, when I try to run mine4erf.bat, it inevitably comes back with a permissions issue. I've checked and given the folder it's running in full rights to all authenticated users, and I've tried running it as admin. No dice either way.

Is this a known bug?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:05 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Is it extracted into a folder in Program Files? Windows applies some extra restrictions to these, and extracting to a folder somewhere else sometimes solves problems running while in there.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:50 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    hobbes wrote:
    I was able to successfully download, extract, add folder to avira exception list. However, when I try to run mine4erf.bat, it inevitably comes back with a permissions issue. I've checked and given the folder it's running in full rights to all authenticated users, and I've tried running it as admin. No dice either way.

Is this a known bug?

This was happening to me quite a bit while I was first working with it. I solved this issued by adding an exception to the parent folder containing the mining folder. Hope this helps

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf