Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post subject: Copy File Error
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 pm 
This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
"An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error

internal.exe
Type: Application
Date modified: 3/10/2018 09:44
Size: 5.33 MB"

Thought this was my antivirus(McAfee). Figured out how to add it to the exceptions and tried again. Same error. Turned off my Live Scanning to be sure. Same error.

What gives? I'd *really* like to see if I can mine with the new miner with my weak graphics card - this never broke before when I couldn't mine.

Edit: Further weirdness - I deleted everything I had from before, re-downloaded, and extracted. The target folder is empty, despite the zip folder obviously containing Mine4erf.exe. What is going on?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Copy File Error
     Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:47 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    My best guess is that you have both an anti-virus installed, and Windows Defender.
    You've managed to work around one, but now the other (WinDefender) is kicking in.

Unfortunately I can't tell you what will definitely fix it, but my suggestion is temporarily disabling Windows Defender long enough to see if Erfminer will suddenly run.

NOTE: If you're disabling Windows Defender that's not a great solution and you shouldn't be doing a whole lot until you re-enable it, unless you feel you're okay with the added risk. (Sorry, I'm a security weenie in my day job and I have to at least hint that bad answers are bad.)

If you don't want to do that, then for grins and giggles you could try this:
    1. Download latest released ethminer binaries for your Windows flavor (x86 [32-bit] or x64 [64-bit]) here:
    https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethm ... ag/v0.13.0

2. Unzip those and try to run the ethminer.exe binary. See what happens just from the command line - it might fail horribly, or it might just act as though it's running but doesn't know a destination to mine to.

3. I tried to attach a batch file that I use to help run my NVidia miner with all the right options, but I couldn't because Erfworld appears to block any attachment other than graphics files (tried extensions .bat, .bax, .txt, .lkj) Instead, I included it as "code" at the bottom of my post. You'll need your 6-digit Erfworld user ID to substitute in for 100763. Take a look at the batch file, and let me know if you need a version for AMD graphics cards instead (I have one of those as well...)

4. Place the batch file in the same directory where you unarchived the ethminer 13.0 zip file and to try to run the ethminer.exe.

5. ???

6. Profit?

Seriously, step 5 is "see what happens and let us know whether it worked or you got errors". Good luck!

=-=-=-=
    Code:
    rem Next 5 lines are relevant for AMD GPUs only
    rem setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    rem setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    rem setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    rem setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    rem setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

rem basic stripped down NVidia command line follow.  Enables display of temperature, rechecks
    rem for new tasking every 250ms, -U to enable CUDA
    rem .\ethminer -HWMON --farm-recheck 250 -U -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O B6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.100763

rem AMD equivalent of the above, changing -U to -G to use OpenCL:
    rem .\ethminer -HWMON --farm-recheck 250 -G -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O B6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.100763

rem optimized version for 8GB GTX1070 card
    C:\Users\rip\Downloads\ethminer -HWMON --farm-recheck 250 -U --cuda-devices 0 --cuda-parallel-hash 4 --cuda-grid-size 8192 --cuda-block-size 256 --cuda-schedule auto -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O B6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.100763

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    It seems likely that McAfee might be blocking the mine4erf.exe file as well. If you can, it might be worth trying to add that to exceptions too. Unfortunately I've not been able to find any good documentation on how to do this.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:36 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    Alright so. I was able to work around the exe disappearing by unzipping with 7zip, which prompted McAfee to quarantine. Once it was there, I was able to manually unquarantine it, then add it to exceptions.

...aaaaand I still get the file copying error.

*sigh*

By the way, windows defender appears to already be turned off - I assume it's deferring to McAfee. In any case, I can't seem to turn it any more off.

As far as the ethminer stuff, I'm afraid that's all well over my head. I suppose I will wait and see if the next update improves things =\

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf