Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:20 am 
This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Testing out the peasant miner on an Nvidia Quadro K2000M (portable), and I get some sort of error "CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE" when it tries to mine its first share. After the error shown below, I get a message from the OS: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". Anyone else seeing this?
If you hit a key to continue after the error, the same thing happens again, and so on.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------
Graphics Cards (Please include in any bug report!)

Listing OpenCL devices.
FORMAT: [platformID] [deviceID] deviceName
[0] [0] Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
CL_DEVICE_TYPE: GPU
CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE: 1468006400
CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE: 367001600
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE: 512
[1] [0] Quadro K2000M
CL_DEVICE_TYPE: GPU
CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE: 2147483648
CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE: 536870912
CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE: 1024

Listing CUDA devices.
FORMAT: [deviceID] deviceName
Starting with parameters: --ubiq -G --opencl-platform 1 --opencl-devices 0
You can override these parameters by adding a hardware-detect-override.txt file to the miner's folder.

SUCCESS: Specified value was saved.

SUCCESS: Specified value was saved.
m 08:13:09|main | ethminer version 0.14.0.dev2
m 08:13:09|main | Build: Windows/msvc / Release
i 08:13:09|main | Found suitable OpenCL device [ Quadro K2000M ] with 2147483648 bytes of GPU memory
m 08:13:09|main | Press 0 to pause mining!
m 08:13:09|main | not-connected
i 08:13:10|getwork | Connected to http://eu.ubiqpool.io:8888/0x1b5bF455b8 ... f25/130116
i 08:13:10|getwork | Spinning up miners...
cl 08:13:10|cl-0 | No work. Pause for 3 s.
i 08:13:10|getwork | Received new job #45879654 from http://eu.ubiqpool.io:8888/0x1b5bF455b8 ... f25/130116
cl 08:13:13|cl-0 | New seed #9b1ca7a8…
cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | Platform: NVIDIA CUDA
cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | Device: Quadro K2000M / OpenCL 1.2 CUDA
cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | OpenCL kernel: Stable kernel
cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | Build info:

cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | Creating light cache buffer, size 18481088
cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | Creating DAG buffer, size 1182786944
cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | Loading kernels
cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | Writing light cache buffer
cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | Creating buffer for header.
cl 08:13:14|cl-0 | Creating mining buffer
m 08:13:14|main | Speed 0.00 Mh/s gpu/0 0.00 0C 0% [A0+0:R0+0:F0] Time: 00:00
X 08:13:17|cl-0 | OpenCL init failed: clFinish: CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE (-36)
QUIT - Restarting in 60 seconds...

Last edited by Caprice on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:55 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Hmm, looks like its using your intel integrated and not the nvidia quadro. I might be reading it wrong though.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    No, the card is right, it's using platform 1 device 0 which is the Nvidia.
    Oddly, when I tried it last night, after it failed on Nvidia it attempted to fall back to the Intel, which didn't work because of an insufficient driver version. Today it doesn't do that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:23 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Caprice wrote:

Huh. Why does it print those "…" characters after the seed?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 am 
    Toolbelt wrote:

That... is a good question. I assumed it was normal, but now that you point it out I see that what comes before it is a full DWORD. Maybe someone's just not null-terminating something?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:32 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most
    Toolbelt wrote:
    Caprice wrote:

Looks like an ecoding/code page issue (possibly Cp1252).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:56 pm 
    It looks like it might be a driver problem. Looking through the Event Viewer I found more info on the crash, and it's "Event ID: 4101 / nvlddmkm"
    Internet has various opinions on this but nothing conclusive. I'm going to try out some stuff from here:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... his-issue/

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 pm 
    Bumping this in case it helps anyone - I finally fixed this! I had to take the latest drivers direct from Nvidia, rather than from my laptop manufacturer. Installing those with the "clean" option seems to have done the trick.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:34 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Caprice wrote:
    Bumping this in case it helps anyone - I finally fixed this! I had to take the latest drivers direct from Nvidia, rather than from my laptop manufacturer. Installing those with the "clean" option seems to have done the trick.

Hmm, yeah it's always best to get the latest drivers from the gpu manufacturer when you can. Because systems integrators (you laptop manufacturer) often fall behind on updating the drivers they make available to their customers.

Unfortunately, that is sometimes not possible. Some systems integrators make enough tweaks to the hardware that the drivers from the chip maker won't work without some advanced tinkering. Still... it's always worth it to try.

Fear the would-be hero. For against the pangs of conscience, there is no more effective anesthesia than a righteous cause. And no one sees themselves as the villain, especially the villain.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf