Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post subject: Mine 4 Erf badge
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:40 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
So uh... I seem to have a badge saying that I mined 4 erf. Which is cool and all... but I didn't? Like... my computer is still on a pentium with integrated graphics. I never even TRIED to mine. Didn't download the program. Didn't do anything to possibly earn that badge but there it is. On my account which implies to me that there might be a bug in the code that gives out that badge.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Mine 4 Erf badge
     Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:29 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Or someone decided to mine for you, by plugging in your user ID number instead of their own, into the user-ID-plugging-in spot.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Or a bug. Some 3rd party services were having issues sending the right ID through, leaving shares attached to the wrong users.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:42 pm 
    I mean... either way. can I get it removed? I fully support mining but I didn't do it and I only have 2 badges, I don't like having this third fake badge sitting at the top of every page I go to on erfworld.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:45 pm 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    No bug; someone definitely mined under your username. But sure, I'll remove the badge per your request.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:55 pm 
    Red wrote:
    No bug; someone definitely mined under your username. But sure, I'll remove the badge per your request.
    Thanks! Good luck with the project. Had I not fried my old video card I would absolutely have legitimately gotten on of those badges.

Question: if someone mines under someone else's name, what all effect does that have on them? Like... if I were to upgrade and start mining, what effect would the existence of someone else having used my user ID already have on me?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:19 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Hey, there's no negative impact of anyone else mining under your name- you get credit for the mined spins, but that's only ever a positive thing. A miner can't do anything that modifies or potentially negatively affects your account, or stops you from mining in the future (or at the same time).

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:19 pm 
    Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    I thought the badge was awarded after the user spins for gems, if not maybe that should be a requirement. That way if user1 mined under user2's name, user2 would still need to spin to get the badge.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf