Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:49 pm 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Here's an idle thought I had. When you mine, you're digging up rock. And in Erfworld, when life gives you rocks, you make rock golems.

As an extra incentive to mine, and a salve that makes even failed spins rewarding, what if no-gem spins gave you a single piece of stone. And when you have enough pieces of stone, you can cash them in for a collectible 3D golem unit. It would be a nice secondary goal to work for, with a predictable reward schedule if there's a fixed amount of stone you need.

This could be a very simple reward system where you collect X amount of stone and get a rock golem, and that's all there is to it. Or, it could be highly intricate with multiple kinds of stone to collect, that can be crafted into many varieties of golem (hard rock, acid rock, grunge, etc.)

Perhaps it could even copy Cryptokitties (a cryptocurrency based pet game), so that golems have randomized patterns and appearances based on the stones you use to build them, and are each one of a kind collectibles. If you really wanted to copy cryptokitties, maybe there would be a way to copy the blueprints of two golems to build a new one with a randomized mix of their traits, as a sort of breeding system that players could collaborate on to create the golem of their dreams.

*A Very Erfworld Questmas - Peace on Erf.
*Blast From The Past - 10 part story about an army frozen in time. Finished!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:07 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I like it! I'd support this, could be fun, may have to do something to keep people from having a thousand golems, but fun idea!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:22 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user got funny with a rodent Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    GhostlyClockwork wrote:
    I like it! I'd support this, could be fun, may have to do something to keep people from having a thousand golems, but fun idea!

It wouldn't be cheap. You'd need thousands upon thousands of pieces per golem, so golems would be far rarer than gems. But you could accurately predict when you're getting one based on how quickly you earn shares.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:52 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    It would probably be viable to allow stone accumulation indefinitely, since that can be implemented without having any dollamancy coded. O:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:37 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I support this idea, as an extension, instead of golems, as plans for the virtual tabletop progress, maybe we could use stone to build cities....

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:30 pm 
    Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip
    I love this idea! Particularly your idea of the semi-randomized golems themselves. The gems are just a single model with the colors and light changed. The same could be done for a rock golem with each individual "rock" set to be an independently colorized section of the model. It could automated and cost the team no effort once its coded the first time. Don't want a "Motley" (Crue?) Rock Golem? Save up a single type and get a pure golem colored by that type. That could make the time it takes to get a golem longer if you want the pure type, or those that dont want to wait can just combine their rock types into the one. If the number of rocks is balanced right then they additional desire to mine will be created while still keeping the number of units you can collect small. I would suggest a number that lets the average miner get enough randomized rocks in about a month, but that's just me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:19 pm 
    Skull the Troll wrote:
    I love this idea! Particularly your idea of the semi-randomized golems themselves. The gems are just a single model with the colors and light changed. The same could be done for a rock golem with each individual "rock" set to be an independently colorized section of the model. It could automated and cost the team no effort once its coded the first time. Don't want a "Motley" (Crue?) Rock Golem? Save up a single type and get a pure golem colored by that type. That could make the time it takes to get a golem longer if you want the pure type, or those that dont want to wait can just combine their rock types into the one. If the number of rocks is balanced right then they additional desire to mine will be created while still keeping the number of units you can collect small. I would suggest a number that lets the average miner get enough randomized rocks in about a month, but that's just me.

There could also be golems that require different combinations of stone to craft. Or a randomized system where some traits are more or less likely depending which stones you use, to encourage experimentation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf