Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:36 am 
Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
Hi sorry, I'm having trouble with the most recent version of the miner.

Until recently I used to be able to run the miner without issue. However when I got back from work today. I now get the following error message.

Error: c1GetDeviceIDs.

And then the system tells me it appears I only have an integrated graphics. However I know I have a 1080 Ti GTX. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:30 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I stopped home on lunch and ran the miner for a bit and so far it's much better. Thank you for your help!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:56 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    JBeshir wrote:
    @Corran: That's unfortunate. :(

I've made a change that it'll prefer to not use the faster mode if it's not on a very latest nVidia card (specifically, one with compute capability of at least 6.0) and published 0.3.3. This should cause your system to go back to the performance it was showing before.

@Silversought: Multiple machines should be fine! If you do get them going, it would be helpful to post and provide the reported hashrate (the MH/s number) on both machines so I can double check that the hashrate we're seeing and shares we're seeing fit with the sum of both.

@Carl: That sounds very plausible, unfortunately. Thank you for working this out- this would have puzzled me! On the colours thing, unfortunately only Windows 10 supports the new colour stuff (and even there it came in in an update), so it's not too surprising to see them missing on some systems.

Also large images in paint, and yes i'm win 8.1

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:50 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Spades Suit Pip
    Wolfgangs246 wrote:
    Hi sorry, I'm having trouble with the most recent version of the miner.

Until recently I used to be able to run the miner without issue. However when I got back from work today. I now get the following error message.

Error: c1GetDeviceIDs.

And then the system tells me it appears I only have an integrated graphics. However I know I have a 1080 Ti GTX. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Could you give me an exact screenshot/paste of the miner's output? It might be an issue to do with OpenCL not being able to retrieve the device list, and if I have the exact text I might be able to write some code to detect this and just run with some default parameters.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:12 pm 
    Hi JBeshir,

Attached the error message.
    Editted as I noticed you have released 0.3.4. However I still get the same message.

Attachments:
    Error.PNG
    Error.PNG [ 19.08 KiB | Viewed 766 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:33 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Spades Suit Pip
    Wolfgangs246 wrote:
    Hi JBeshir,

Attached the error message.
    Editted as I noticed you have released 0.3.4. However I still get the same message.

Okay, I've taken a crack at a fix at trying to work if we can't get an OpenCL device list on an nVidia card, with an 0.3.5 release. It'd be great if you could try it and let me know if it helped.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:48 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Latest version says my GTX970 is not a valid card, no CUDA device detected. Was working fine just a few hour ago. It dosen;t appear to be able to see my graphics card at all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:08 pm 
    Site Admin
    Can you give me the full text it prints, if possible?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:13 pm 
    Site Admin
    Okay, worked out the issue and pushed an 0.3.6. There were a couple of places which were confusing having a zero-numbered platform with not having a platform.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 pm 
    Happy to help sorry i didn't spot your request for full text before you managed to track it down, sorry. Couldn't you setup the miner to ask for username before the check and then have it forward any errors to you automatically if it's an account thats allready submitted shares?

That way you get a better idea who's having issues who wasn't before and cna get the log instantly. Or would that potentially produce too much data?

Anyway time to attempt sleep again, not doing so well tonight.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:22 am 
    JBeshir wrote:
    Okay, worked out the issue and pushed an 0.3.6. There were a couple of places which were confusing having a zero-numbered platform with not having a platform.

Hi JBeshir,

Have just tried running it again and it's able to work now. Thanks for the help.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:02 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Latest version of the miner has it stuck in a loading loop for me. 0.3.7 didn't do that to me, even with Optimize for Compute Performance enabled.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:42 am 
    Site Admin
    Can you show me the miner output? I'll take a shot at working it out.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:07 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I could if you can point me to where the log file is.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:15 pm 
    Site Admin
    It's the stuff that appears in the window when you run the miner; it doesn't have a log file, it prints it all to output. You can copy it by right-clicking on the title bar and going Edit->Mark, which lets you select text then hit enter to copy, or by using a screenshot.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:17 pm 
    Basically, this.

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------
    Graphics Cards (Please include in any bug report!)

Listing OpenCL devices.
    FORMAT: [platformID] [deviceID] deviceName
    [0] [0] GeForce GTX 970
            CL_DEVICE_TYPE: GPU
            CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE: 4294967296
            CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE: 1073741824
            CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE: 1024

Listing CUDA devices.
    FORMAT: [deviceID] deviceName
    [0] GeForce GTX 970
            Compute version: 5.2
            cudaDeviceProp::totalGlobalMem: 4294967296
            Pci: 0000:01:00
    Starting with parameters:  -U --cuda-streams 1 --cuda-grid-size 1024 --cuda-block-size 128
    You can override these parameters by adding a hardware-detect-override.txt file to the miner's folder.
      m  23:15:01|main    |  ethminer version 0.14.0.dev2
      m  23:15:01|main    |  Build: Windows/msvc / Release
     cu  23:15:01|main    |  Using grid size 1024 , block size 128
      m  23:15:01|main    |   Press 0 to pause mining!
      m  23:15:01|main    |  not-connected
      i  23:15:01|stratum |  Connected to eu1.ethermine.org
      i  23:15:01|stratum |  Spinning up miners...
      i  23:15:01|cuda-0  |  No work. Pause for 3 s.
      i  23:15:01|stratum |  Subscribed to stratum server
      i  23:15:01|stratum |  Authorized worker 0xB6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.107658
      i  23:15:01|stratum |  Received new job #d3670de7 from eu1.ethermine.org
      i  23:15:04|cuda-0  |  Initialising miner 0
      m  23:15:06|main    |  Speed   0.00 Mh/s    gpu/0  0.00 0C 0%   [A0+0:R0+0:F0] Time: 00:00
     cu  23:15:06|cuda-0  |  Using device: GeForce GTX 970  (Compute 5.2)
     cu  23:15:06|cuda-0  |  Set Device to current
     cu  23:15:06|cuda-0  |  Resetting device
    QUIT - Restarting in 60 seconds...
    You can close this terminal if you want to stop running mine4erf.
    'sleep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
      m  23:15:07|main    |  ethminer version 0.14.0.dev2
      m  23:15:07|main    |  Build: Windows/msvc / Release
     cu  23:15:07|main    |  Using grid size 1024 , block size 128
      m  23:15:07|main    |   Press 0 to pause mining!
      m  23:15:07|main    |  not-connected
      i  23:15:10|stratum |  Connected to eu1.ethermine.org
      i  23:15:10|stratum |  Spinning up miners...
      i  23:15:10|cuda-0  |  No work. Pause for 3 s.
      i  23:15:10|stratum |  Subscribed to stratum server
      i  23:15:10|stratum |  Authorized worker 0xB6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.107658
      i  23:15:10|stratum |  Received new job #cf3542dd from eu1.ethermine.org
      m  23:15:12|main    |  Speed   0.00 Mh/s    gpu/0  0.00 0C 0%   [A0+0:R0+0:F0] Time: 00:00
      i  23:15:13|stratum |  Received new job #963ab6a2 from eu1.ethermine.org
      i  23:15:13|cuda-0  |  Initialising miner 0
     cu  23:15:15|cuda-0  |  Using device: GeForce GTX 970  (Compute 5.2)
     cu  23:15:15|cuda-0  |  Set Device to current
     cu  23:15:15|cuda-0  |  Resetting device
    QUIT - Restarting in 60 seconds...
    You can close this terminal if you want to stop running mine4erf.
    'sleep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
      m  23:15:15|main    |  ethminer version 0.14.0.dev2
      m  23:15:15|main    |  Build: Windows/msvc / Release
     cu  23:15:15|main    |  Using grid size 1024 , block size 128
      m  23:15:15|main    |   Press 0 to pause mining!
      m  23:15:15|main    |  not-connected
      i  23:15:16|stratum |  Connected to eu1.ethermine.org
      i  23:15:16|stratum |  Spinning up miners...
      i  23:15:16|cuda-0  |  No work. Pause for 3 s.
      i  23:15:16|stratum |  Subscribed to stratum server
      i  23:15:16|stratum |  Authorized worker 0xB6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.107658
      i  23:15:16|stratum |  Received new job #96a6bdbe from eu1.ethermine.org
      i  23:15:19|cuda-0  |  Initialising miner 0
      i  23:15:19|stratum |  Received new job #eac49902 from eu1.ethermine.org
      i  23:15:20|stratum |  Received new job #c4eaf847 from eu1.ethermine.org
    PAUSED - Press any key to resume mining
    Press any key to continue . . .

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:50 pm 
    Site Admin
    Thank you!

I see what you're referring to here. Could you try creating a hardware-detect-override.txt containing one line, and restarting the miner, trying with each of the following things on that line:

-G
    -U --cuda-streams=1

?

I think either might fix this, I'm wondering if the extra parameters after -U are the problem for you, in which case I could possibly disable them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:54 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Rebooted my miner right now, and it has started showing the same text as Tathar's. 'sleep' is in there, somehow?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:01 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    JBeshir wrote:
    Thank you!

I see what you're referring to here. Could you try creating a hardware-detect-override.txt containing one line, and restarting the miner, trying with each of the following things on that line:

-G
    -U --cuda-streams=1

?

I think either might fix this, I'm wondering if the extra parameters after -U are the problem for you, in which case I could possibly disable them.

I followed this advice - created txt with just '-G' and it seems to have restored my functionality.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:24 am 
    Site Admin
    Silversought wrote:
    JBeshir wrote:
    Thank you!

-G
    -U --cuda-streams=1

?

I followed this advice - created txt with just '-G' and it seems to have restored my functionality.

Could you try the second one and see if it works? Also, if it does, can you copy and paste the text the miner prints when it starts? I'm especially looking for a line that mentions "grid size". It might be that some extra parameters the miner adds cause problems on some hardware, and if so I'd like to improve them.

EDIT: Also, if the -U version works, manually adding "--cuda-grid-size 1024", "--cuda-block-size 128", or both to see which of those is responsible would be really appreciated.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf