Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:18 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
I need your help! I need to tease out the relative sizes of some of the larger gems, via the visuals.

Please include a stock, untouched (no text added, no zoom, no gem orientation change) of the gem such as this:
Attachment:
File comment: Massive strawberry, no glow
Massive.png
Massive.png [ 206.66 KiB | Viewed 690 times ]

I'm going to use them for a scale of sizes, for both the wiki and also to verify that the order I've been assigning to sizes matches the actual sizes.

Also - please feel free to show off whatever gem you have in this thread. I also want to collect gem glows in the same fashion and build a "glow scale" in the same fashion as the size scale. Ideally I'll get a collection of gems of all the same sizes but with different glows, but for now it'd be great just to capture all glows.

edit: original post for history
Spoiler: show
I also need a scale, so I need an image with your relative miner.

Please zoom so that the miner's head touches or almost touches the top of the panel (roll the mouse wheel appropriately, basically)
Please position the gem next to the miner with the top face of the gem off to the side.

Ideally you'd post an image like this:
Attachment:
File comment: Gigantic None Strawberry
gigantic-none-strawberry.png
gigantic-none-strawberry.png [ 236.91 KiB | Viewed 819 times ]

I need a shot of every gem size and glow like this, if possible.

Thank you all!

Last edited by Yshl on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:27 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Yahoo Messenger: goodrid8
    Okay, here goes nothing.
    Small, Dusky, Navy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:18 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Large Dazzling Spring Green

I wonder if each gem has an assigned spot or if they are all random.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:27 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Here's mine. A gigantic radiant shell I have named arkengem.

Attachment:
    Gem perspective.jpg
    Gem perspective.jpg [ 65.25 KiB | Viewed 802 times ]

I've finished a fan fic called Shall We Play a Game?.

I'm writing Tales from Seven Hex Valley and Dwagon Riders of Erf.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    The_Author_Is_Dead wrote:
    Here's mine. A gigantic radiant shell I have named arkengem.

Attachment:
    Gem perspective.jpg

Can you pivot that and line it up like the other shots posted? I'm trying to get a better sense of scale for my calcs.

Thank you! Your gem has been key in teasing out the point values. I think it's a 6/9 size as well as a 6/9 glow! :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:58 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Cool! Might need to do something similar to index the brightness of the glows? (For example, is "bright" brighter than "briliant"?) I've looked at the available imagery so far a bit, but it seems hard to make definite judgements based on gems of different colors, so maybe we need to wait a bit until more duplicate colors have been found.

Anyway here's my average dusky green.

Attachments:
    avgduskgreen.png
    avgduskgreen.png [ 158.87 KiB | Viewed 782 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Yshl wrote:
    Can you pivot that and line it up like the other shots posted? I'm trying to get a better sense of scale for my calcs.

Thank you! Your gem has been key in teasing out the point values. I think it's a 6/9 size as well as a 6/9 glow! :)

Is this better?

Attachment:
    Arkengem.jpg
    Arkengem.jpg [ 70.01 KiB | Viewed 768 times ]

I've finished a fan fic called Shall We Play a Game?.

I'm writing Tales from Seven Hex Valley and Dwagon Riders of Erf.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 pm 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    For comparing sizes you might have better luck asking for screenshots of the individual gem profile at the default camera position.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:46 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    I messed around with the renderer offline and came up with this.
    Spoiler: show
    Attachment:
    test.png
    test.png [ 152.9 KiB | Viewed 755 times ]

The gems range from size 1 to size 8, glow 0 to 7 (respectively), artificial color. The renderer has no maximum gem size. Glow seems to stop changing after 9.

If Team Erfworld doesn't want this, I'll delete everything related to it off my computer and remove this post.

EDIT: moved attachment to spoiler block.

Last edited by Jaxad0127 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:09 pm 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Jaxad0127, I'm more worried about you breaking the forum with the wide picture attachment.

It's worth noting that the constraints of the renderer don't necessarily relate to the constraints of the gems themselves.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:27 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    How is everyone getting a gobwin or marbit on their platforms? I just have a lonely tiny gem, no company.

Edit: nevermind, I was looking at the wrong page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:23 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Ruler of Erfworld This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Pictures via Red's suggestion.. Ill update this as i get them. I want to collect them all :P

http://i63.tinypic.com/2a94ock.png

Follow the Adventures of Prince Valareos of Halareos: First Page Latest Page

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:53 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Per red, here are 4 default camera view shots of individual gems.

https://imgur.com/a/DCoTZ

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:49 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Large, no glow, Ocean. Redundant information but I cannot post the picture alone.

Attachments:
    ocean large gem.jpg
    ocean large gem.jpg [ 45.59 KiB | Viewed 691 times ]

The Imperfect Warlord
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:58 am 
    The_Author_Is_Dead, Valareos, if you would, please repost your relative gems untouched in the new fashion as suggested by Red (and updated in the first post now) as it really does allow for a very accurate size comparison. I also want a clean copy for the scale itself (and will of course give credit, but, I want the gems clean and not trophy shots).

Octavian, if you're out there, please post the same for that Colossal beauty you've got!

Thanks all!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Average/Dusky/Stormcloud "The Oncoming Storm"

Attachments:
    oncomingstorm.jpg
    oncomingstorm.jpg [ 36.42 KiB | Viewed 681 times ]

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:32 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I just got my first one!

Yay!

Still need to name it though...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:38 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Yshl wrote:
    The_Author_Is_Dead, Valareos, if you would, please repost your relative gems untouched in the new fashion as suggested by Red (and updated in the first post now) as it really does allow for a very accurate size comparison. I also want a clean copy for the scale itself (and will of course give credit, but, I want the gems clean and not trophy shots).

Octavian, if you're out there, please post the same for that Colossal beauty you've got!

Thanks all!

Here you go!

edit: okay, trying again. Having trouble attaching image tonight. weird.

edit again: one more time?...

edit the fourth: fine, erworld forums. I'll HTML link it. http://cmbblog.com/erfworld/colossal.PNG

Or if you want all the details plus the view: http://cmbblog.com/erfworld/shiny_colossal.PNG

And Tathar's 82 point gem be erfed, I say mine's still the prettiest!!! Plus he's of the totally wrong tribe. #gobwinsForeva

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:40 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Ruler of Erfworld This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most
    Finally found one!

Attachments:
    Grimace's Wonder (2).png
    Grimace's Wonder (2).png [ 211.74 KiB | Viewed 598 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf