Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:08 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Ruler of Erfworld This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
EDIT: This post is depreciated. please view http://forums.erfworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14211

EDIT: For now be cautious of doing this. Seems some of the eth miners you can rent arnt sending the info to the pool properly, so you might put your info in but a different worker name ends up at the end. Ive informed MRR about it, they said they will fix it within the day. If you do want to try, do a small 3 hour rental

so say you are like me and running your graphics card for a full day did not net 1 share. You want to support, and you already in crypto currency.

Then I reccomend https://www.miningrigrentals.com/ They accept Bitcoin, litecoin, Ethereum, and Dashcoin. If you already used to crypto currency, then you probably can use exchanges just fine. If not, http://www.livecoin.net is a good easy exchange to use.

Just select the Dagger-Hashimoto algo from the rigs option, click quick rental and follow the info.

If you're technically inclined, you might find it works in the meantime for other platforms to download a generic ethminer and set it to mine on ethermine to the address B6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027, with the rig name set to your UID so it knows to attribute the mining to you. So the command to run might look something like ./ethminer -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O B6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.[uid]. You can find your UID by going to "https://login.erfworld.com/userid_from_username?username=[your username]".

to use above for the pool config in MRR, use eu1.ethermine.org:4444 or us1.ethermine.org:4444 for server and B6dE5c4849f5b48fcE48a4531aa8a0f85a12f027.[uid] for worker name

I recommend you add both servers

Follow the Adventures of Prince Valareos of Halareos: First Page Latest Page

Last edited by Valareos on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:31 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Ruler of Erfworld This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    MRR said they will have the issue fixed within a day

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Hey, thanks for the research into this. Could you let me know what worker name it is sending? Are you the magnitate.29852 one? I can see about manually querying the worker history and adding spins for your history, and telling our tracking script to treat that worker name as your UID.

I'm not sure how these things work, but target address should be the long thing starting with B, and "rig name" is your UID, so depending on what they mean by worker name it might be that the worker name should be just UID. Or maybe the way they use it needs the address included? It'd be nice to work this stuff out for people who do want to use rented miners.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 pm 
    yea, the magnitate.29852 and the one with just... 2 I did a second one to verify to the MRR guys there was an issue. Way it should be is address.worker (where address is that long thing with B) and rig name is my uid.

I am looking into a second method that may be easier, as well as allow people who cpu mine to earn towards the cost of renting a eth miner

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:30 pm 
    the one with the label as 2 was only a 3 hour rental, can wait on that one till after its done running

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:33 pm 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Got it. I'll take a look at crediting these as soon as I get some time. The 2 work got credited to Titan; I've prodded people to not actually those spins while I sort out the records. XD

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:37 pm 
    The Titans can keep those then :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:58 pm 
    Site Admin
    So, I've spent a while trying to get the share information out of the mining pool for magnitate.29852. Unfortunately, the pool's historical tracking is very poor, and all I can get is the stats for the last hour they appeared (which had 4 shares), and none of the hours before that.

We fix this for workers we've associated with an Erfworld user by collecting all the data every hour and keeping historic records ourselves, but were ignoring workers which didn't match up by UID or username. This means that historic data doesn't include magnitate.29852's shares each hour either.

This means I can't find out how many shares they mined each hour in order to create spins for them manually.

I have at least been able to credit the spins that went to UID 2 to you and update other records to apply, but I've not been able to recover the bulk of the mis-ID'd spins and credit them to your account.

Going forwards I've added tracking of unknown workers, so that in future this kind of thing will be recoverable- we'll have the historic data needed to distinguish so long as the incorrect worker name doesn't match up with the UID of another user. But that doesn't help you any. I'm sorry about this. :(

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf