Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post subject: Hanging and Crashes
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:09 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
Not crashing for me, but after a few minutes of churning through things it seems to want to hang and need a pause/unpause. Though I'm impatient and going specifically off of "normal" times.
Edit: It seems to happen more when clicking around and doing other things, but I've attached an image.

And just as a sidenote, do we know if the "Erf Name" is case sensitive at all when it tries to link it back here? I ran a few different cases and only saw the gem pop up on the last share on a no-cap test.

Attachments:
Hang.jpg
Hang.jpg [ 59.74 KiB | Viewed 160 times ]
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Hanging and Crashes
     Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 am 
    Site Admin
    Shiny Red Star This user is a member of Team Erfworld Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    It shouldn't care about case; the launch process looks up your user and if it can't find your user it would report an error.

Are you doing any interactions with the miner when it's hanging? There was a bug where the output would stall completely if you tried to use the mouse to interact with the miner's text feed, which I solved by trying to disable that kind of interaction. Or is it happening entirely spontaneously?

Is the output completely stopping, or is it going broken in some way? I'll keep an eye out for anything that might let me work out what's up here.

"Everything Is Complicated, Let's Try Anyway."

Site Architect, Developer, Administrator, Moderator, Web Team

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Hanging and Crashes
     Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:22 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    So far as I can tell it's when I'm doing things in tandem, but not necessarily with the miner itself. It's possible that there's a mouse-text interaction, but it seems to be happening even when I was working on the other screen.

I'll keep an eye out.

Edit:
    Looks like it might happen from scrolling up and down on the scrollbar (in order to scan for green, for instance). Recreated it on my laptop a few times.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf