Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:04 am 
This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
Howdy 'Bits and Gobs!
Welcome to the 12th monthly Mine4Erf Poker Competition!

I am posting the February thread since I do not want the competition to die. Thanks to JadedDragoon and Nimelennar for the time and effort they spent so far (lots of both).

The Award
A random suit pip badge to each winner from among the suits they are missing.

Crowd Sourcing
Your tribe needs your help! In addition to mining up the cards that will propel your tribe to victory you can help your tribe by collating cards into the best hand. Everyone can chip in! Simply check the spreadsheet for cards and report them here using the format below.

The Rules
Spoiler: show
  • Tribes each make at least three poker hands... at least one poker hand from each color deck.
  • All cards for a given hand must be from the same color deck.
  • Each card value & suit combination may only be used once per hand.
  • The best poker hand of mined cards of each deck color will be compared against the corresponding hand of the other tribe:
    • Red Gobwin hand against Red Marbit hand
    • Black Gobwin hand against Black Marbit hand
    • Blue Gobwin hand against Blue Marbit hand.
  • Whichever tribe wins the most hand comparisons wins the competition for the month.
  • One card per person, per hand, per tribe. In other words...
    • No player may contribute more than one card to a given hand.
    • Players may contribute a card to each hand for their team.
    • IE User Ripple can contribute a Blue A♣, a Black Q♦, and also a Red 8♥.
  • Ties are resolved within each deck color by a second hand of unique cards not repeated from the first hand.
    • Tiebreaker hands can repeat the same suit/value combinations from the first hand, and can be contributed by the same users, but must be separate, unique cards (by id).
    • For example, dmolla can contribute a Blue A♦ to a Royal Flush that results in a tie, and then dmolla could contribute a second Blue A♦ to a second hand, if he mined 2 in the month.
  • Partial hands are valid as if they had kickers of no value. Two 3s and no other cards is still a pair of 3s, and would be beaten by even two 3s and a 2.
  • The cards are not smarter than the players... winning hands will be decided based on what hands are reported.
  • For a card to count the card id and deck color is required.
  • Only cards mined in the current month count.

Tie Breaker Explanation
Within each deck color, a tie is resolved by the next best hand, as many hands as needed or can be produced. Each person can contribute at most one card per hand, and individual cards (by id) cannot be repeated. Effectively, a tied hand means make the two (or three... four... five... as necessary) best hands of that color your tribe can muster.

Card Reporting Format
When reporting your cards either of the following formats are suggested (simply copying and pasting from your user profile works just fine... as explained below):

<date> <source> [<card id>] <card value> <card suit> <deck color>

or

<date>
<source> [<card id>]
<card value>
<card suit>
<deck color>

Copying Cards From Your Profile
Card ids are now part of the card list in our user profiles. Lay eyes upon the wonderment:

You can get to your user profile by clicking on your username in the upper right:

So those of us with particularly large card hauls may simply copy and paste from their user profiles to report their cards like so:

EXAMPLE! wrote:
-
04/16/2018
Mined [28342]
Q
Diamonds
Blue

04/14/2018
Mined [17423]
Clubs
Red

04/10/2018
Mined [17002]
Spades
Black

04/10/2018
Mined [17001]
Diamonds
Blue

04/08/2018
Mined [16731]
Clubs
Black

04/07/2018
Mined [16584]
Clubs
Red

04/06/2018
Mined [16361]
Spades
Blue

04/06/2018
Mined [16360]
Q
Diamonds
Red

04/05/2018
Mined [16307]
Diamonds
Red
-

This should make things much easier.

If you wish, you can also take time to format them as below for easier reading, but it is not necessary:

EXAMPLE! wrote:
-
04/16/2018 Mined [28342] Q Diamonds Blue
04/14/2018 Mined [17423] 10 Clubs Red
04/10/2018 Mined [17002] 6 Spades Black
04/10/2018 Mined [17001] 7 Diamonds Blue
04/08/2018 Mined [16731] 9 Clubs Black
04/07/2018 Mined [16584] 10 Clubs Red
04/06/2018 Mined [16361] 9 Spades Blue
04/06/2018 Mined [16360] Q Diamonds Red
04/05/2018 Mined [16307] 3 Diamonds Red
-

Hand Reporting Format
Suggested format for reporting hands:

<deck color> - <hand name>, <kicker detail>
<card name> <card id> <player name>

EXAMPLE! wrote:
-
Red Deck - Pair of Aces, King Kicker
As 12459 ripple
Ac 13578 JadedDragoon
Kd 12557 dmolla
8d 12616 Valareos
3h 11544 Rob
-

And may we get three valid hands for each tribe!

The Imperfect Warlord
Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:12 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
    Current Results as of February 1st @13:16 MEZ

Current Score
    Marbits {-- {-- {--
    Gobwins

>>> Card List <<<

♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
    Black Deck

<O> Marbits Hands

Pair of Tens {--

ImageImageImageImageImage

Mined [137269] 10 Spades Ripple
    Mined [137291] 10 Diamonds Jaxad0127

]8\ Gobwin Hands

Four High

Mined [137257] 4 Hearts Black Red

♠ ♥ ♦ ♣

Blue Deck

<O> Marbits Hands

King High {--

Mined [137242] K Hearts Ripple

]8\ Gobwin Hands

Seven High

Mined [137244] 7 Diamonds Blue Red

♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
    Red Deck

<O> Marbits Hands

Ace High {--

Mined [137270] A Clubs Red Ripple
    Mined [137345] 8 Hearts Red Jaxad0127

]8\ Gobwin Hands

King High

Mined [137292] K Hearts Red Red

Jaded's Notes:
    Card images folder: https://static.erfworld.com/units/cards/icons/
    Card backs filename: 0_back_<Deck Color>.png
    Card Filename: <CARD VALUE>_<Card Suit>.png

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:06 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Bandaid, thanks for keeping the game alive - If I'm able to login I'll update anything I can see in the spreadsheet.

For now, some cards for <O> and I've updated these in the February Spreadsheet:

02/04/2019
    Mined [137270]
    A
    Clubs
    Red
    Display

02/04/2019
    Mined [137269]
    Spades
    Black
    Display

02/04/2019
    Mined [137265]
    K
    Diamonds
    Black
    Display

02/01/2019
    Mined [137242]
    Spades
    Blue

NOTE that as of right now, the "Card List" link above in the second post still points to the January 2019 spreadsheet (at least for me).... (Edited: fixed)

Last edited by ripple on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:17 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    <O> <O> <O>

10 <> Black

02/06/2019
    Mined [137291]
    Diamonds
    Black

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:43 pm 
    I cannot describe the joy of having updated the hand display with the Marbit cards because as a Gobwin I do not feel any.

I also corrected the card list link in the second post, thanks for pointing that out Ripple. Though something seems borked with the list itself...

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:57 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip
    I fixed the spreadsheet.

My only guess as to how it could have happened is that someone had the spreadsheet open and clicked the "SplitCards" macro by mistake, it tried to process ripple's entry a second time, and got tripped up by the "prevent duplicate entries" line in the script.

I've removed SplitCards from the user-executable macro list; that should prevent an accidental recurrence of the issue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:31 pm 
    Thank you very much Nimelennar.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:54 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    <O> <O> <O>

8 <3 Red

02/10/2019
    Mined [137345]
    Hearts
    Red

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:29 pm 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    ]8\ Gobwin!

02/06/2019 Mined [137292] K Hearts Red
    02/03/2019 Mined [137257] 4 Hearts Black
    02/01/2019 Mined [137244] 7 Diamonds Blue

Full Avatar by Xin Ye

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Nimelennar wrote:
    I fixed the spreadsheet.

My only guess as to how it could have happened is that someone had the spreadsheet open and clicked the "SplitCards" macro by mistake, it tried to process ripple's entry a second time, and got tripped up by the "prevent duplicate entries" line in the script.

I've removed SplitCards from the user-executable macro list; that should prevent an accidental recurrence of the issue.

Thanks - I was meaning to drop you a PM about the spreadsheet but $realLife has been taking up too much of my time and I spaced it. I can only guess that *I* must have been the one to click the SplitCards macro by accident (not a lot of other folks could possibly have had the spreadsheet open) so I'm doubly glad you've now made that a "please don't click this".

In other news, cards for <O> :
    02/11/2019
    Mined [137360]
    Q
    Spades
    Black
    Display

02/11/2019
    Mined [137359]
    K
    Hearts
    Blue
    Display

02/11/2019
    Mined [137356]
    Clubs
    Blue
    Display

02/06/2019
    Mined [137300]
    Hearts
    Blue
    Display

02/06/2019
    Mined [137299]
    Clubs
    Blue
    Display

02/06/2019
    Mined [137298]
    Hearts
    Red
    Display

02/04/2019
    Mined [137273]
    Spades
    Black

I'll go update the spreadsheet with those and any other new-ish ones I note, as soon as this posts.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:52 pm 
    Updated spreadsheet - Red is the only greenie posting cards at this point so this is mostly about Marbit pinkie hands...with two actual contributors of cards woo...

Black deck:
    Marbits - Pair of Tens
    T♠ 137273 ripple
    T♦ 137291 Jaxad0127

Gobwins - Four High
    4♥ 137257 Red

Blue deck:
    Marbits - King High
    K♥ 137359 ripple

Gobwins - Seven High
    7♦ 137244 Red

Red Deck:
    Marbits - Ace High
    A♣ 137270 ripple
    8♥ 137345 Jaxad0127

Gobwins - King High
    K♥ 137292 Red

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:57 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Ruler of Erfworld This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    Make that 3 for the marbits! <O>

2/15/2019 Mined [147878] 2 Diamonds Red
    2/15/2019 Mined [147875] 7 Clubs Black
    2/15/2019 Mined [147872] 10 Clubs Blue

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Gems and Mine4Erf