Alliance Turn 1 has started.
****BEGIN SCOUT REPORT****
1941 – Light Terrain – Rouge Rogue Units – Type and Number Unknown
2038 – Open Terrain (Road) – Rouge Rogue Units – 16 Gobwin Pikes
****END SCOUT REPORT****
Attachment:
Gobwin Knoll 001.jpg
Gobwin Knoll 001.jpg [ 63.92 KiB | Viewed 2694 times ]

“Greetings, proud members of the Alliterative Alliance. Welcome to the Domain of the Dominant Doge of Dogton. I am Damon Dameen, Designated Alliance-Liasion.”

“The City of Borton fell to Dogton forces two turns ago. It was relatively undefended. Our units have withdrawn to a safe distance, allowing you freedom of action. Any unit identified in the surrounding hexes are hostile to the Doge, and therefore to be executed with extreme prejudice.”

“As per Contract, the Doge’s scouts will inform you of contacts within examinable territory at the start of each turn.”

“Which of you is Alliance Chief Warlord?”
{Players should decide amongst themselves who is Chief – one vote per faction}

“If a faction does not submit orders before the end of the turn, the Chief Warlord may direct them appropriately.”
{To designate orders, please use #ORDERSXX (where XX is the turn number – 01, 02, etc)}

“All moves into combat must be resolved for the entire Alliance before the Combat phase begins. You will be informed of any “over-run” results before the Combat phase ends.”

“Any Questions? Good. May the Titans' Teeth Tremble at your Temerity!”

{Turn 1 has begun - please indicate in which hex your units are located (the Green Bars represent Alliance hexes). First to post gets to pick first. I give 72 hours for first orders to be due.}

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    EDIT: Aborted action, action will be in seraph's alliance action.

Last edited by Atrius Night on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:59 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit

"Hello Horatio head Hawkman here hoping to help" The Hawkman warlord greeted. "I bring a stack of our finest warriors and we are currently stationed in the city of Borton (2440). I feel we should first introduce ourselves so that we may elect a chief warlord and form some kind of strategy" The Hawkman declared.

Spoiler: show
    {Hawkmen (Piker) : 35/33/6/20

Hawkmen (Warlord) : 37/35/6/20

7 x Hawkmen Pikers +1 Hawkman Warlord = 746}

Erfman spells known

Arkum rules discovered so far

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:16 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter For when you need it most
    "Greetings,

I'd invite 5 stacks to mount with me and we'd go Overrun both the enemy forces, and explore a bit after that, and if nothing happens, return to the column.

If we run into a force we can't overrun and thus stop there for the turn, at least we'll have a very strong force to deal with whatever it may be.

Prince Percival, would you join me? With 5 of your stacks :) ?"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:30 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user posted the comment of the month
    Geo stepped into the room, shaking his head.

"I wouldn't recommend that. 'round these parts of Erf, only eight stacks can fit into a hex. Yes, very backwater, I know. Besides, those tiny Fairy/Flying Types wouldn't be of much use. Now, Percival's command stack, my two Ground/Dark Type stacks," and your 5 stacks. That could work."

After a moment, he paused. "… oh, I seem to have misheard you. I'd suggest leaving the super vulnerable stacks behind regardless, if we have enough mobile forces otherwise. If we don't score an Overrun, he might lose some of his pretty pixies. If you're planning to overrun both enemy forces, then I'd recommend us bringing a truly overwhelming offense. We don't know what that other hex is."

Renko: "Bzzzt! Probably just another 16 piker stack, this Roget doesn't look very smart. You probably have nothing to worry about. Probably. Over and out. Veeoopp!"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "I brought siege, and not the nigh-invulnerable kind that Leviathan represents. I'll hold back for now. I'll go ahead and give the Chief the bother of pointing these Gnodwicks in a direction, and keep my Main stacks here in Borton for now."

"We're closer to some of you guys then others, and the Formicadians know what's what. I'll nominate and vote for Hak'Snick for Chief."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:58 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter For when you need it most
    "Ooh, quite true. The pixies are so bright and pointy that they obfuscated me, I see now that we have here many powerful units that we could carry far, and thus guarantee an overrun of both enemy forces."

"Let's see, I can carry 42 extra units besides myself, and the Headmistress' mount can carry an extra 5 besides her forces, and even the School buses can hit both targets and return."

"So we have, in descending order of Combat per unit:"

8x Gnome Pikers (8/22/6/6)
    1x Dwy Bones Warlord "Minion" (15/17/6/8)
    7x Dwy Bones Pikers (13/15/6/8)
    8x Dwy Bones Heavies (15/15/5/8)
    2x Sobolds (5/14/6/6)
    1x Super Saiyan (8/12/5/28 Fly)
    10x Saiyan Swordsmen (6/12/4/28 Fly)
    1x Chief Warlord Brutus the Brutal of the side of Brutal Beaters (17/9/6/8)
    1x Pixie Heir (6/8/6/22)
    56x Picofly (4/8/1/12)
    8x Gnodwick (10/8/1/8)
    23x Brutes (15/7/6/8)
    7x Pixie Piker (4/6/6/22)
    40x Frieza Force (4/4/1/12 Fly)

"Now we stuff the most in our mounts! (I heard of a turnamancy contraption called a mini that could carry up to 24 clowns in it!)"

"hmm, that would be
    8x Gnome Pikers (8/22/6/6)
    1x Dwy Bones Warlord "Minion" (15/17/6/8)
    7x Dwy Bones Pikers (13/15/6/8)
    8x Dwy Bones Heavies (15/15/5/8)
    2x Sobolds (5/14/6/6)
    1x Super Saiyan (8/12/5/28 Fly)
    10x Saiyan Swordsmen (6/12/4/28 Fly)
    1x Chief Warlord Brutus the Brutal of the side of Brutal Beaters (17/9/6/8)
    1x Pixie Heir (6/8/6/22)
    and
    17x Picofly (4/8/1/12)"

Last edited by WurmD on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:19 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    "Guarantee?" The Headmistress' tone was soft, but stern, her speech short and clipped. She raised a single controlled eyebrow as she stood at the map table, her gaze unwavering as she stared at the Ant-Man. The imposing effect was slightly ruined as the Witch-Knights, standing a respectable distance behind her, were busy making faces at each other and giggling silently.

"A force consisting of our highest-combat stacks... That would be my stack, the Hawkmen, both Rocket stacks, both Bowser stacks, the Antmen Leviathan, and... a stack of Gnome pickers... Such a force would have just over 2000 combat. Perhaps 2100. A Piker, on the other hand, might well have 10 combat. Indeed, I would be surprised if they had less. Assuming standard stacks of eight - and, while they are unled, that is what we should reasonably expect - their whole hex would have 288 combat. We would be unable to overrun that. Overrun may succeed, if they are stacked badly, or have very low combat, but you cannot guarantee it."

"It may be worth making the attempt, but I would propose an alternative. Let us take the forces I've named, and strike with them at the uknown force in hex 1941. If it is a weak force, we will smash it easily. If it is a strong force, we will engage them with our strongest force, before they have a chance to muster reinforcements further. We can then occupy that hex, to give our units a forwards staging area. Our remaining infantry - say, the Frights and the Brutes - can then easily deal with the 16 pikers in 2038. What say you?"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "As I said, my gnomes will be held in reserve until it comes time to take a city. They're too valuable to take losses in field engagements."

"If I must send something, my Gnodwicks can go down the road and engage those pikers with everyone else who does. That's 192 combat right there with advantage."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:27 am 
    "Hmm, I see Headmistress..
    A fair analysis."

"Then let me put it the other way around.
    Those that do not have move to reach either enemy force raise their hands, and I volunteer to transport those (and whomever else wants to come as well)."

The Sobolds timidly raise their hands..

--

In the meanwhile "Huh, while I appreciate the vote of confidence, I could not accept the honor of Chief Warlord of this alliance. I think the Rocket Executive is much more suited to such a dignified station."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:48 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter
    "Hey y'all, I'm Fera Fancy of the Festa Frights, 'n I'm thinking we're probably the slowest bits of this Party. I'll vote for that Brutal Fellow, so long as he knows the role he's gonna play. Me and my Piniantas will take up temporary residence (and Party) in Borton with the Hawkboys! Let us know if you need to block a pass somewhere!"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:56 pm 
    This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "(*click clack*) Cour- uh, Warlord Minion reporting for conquest." It doesn't seem like there is actually anything in the unit that can emit the raspy voice, but it manages nonetheless... though there's a constant undertone of clicks and clacks. "I believe that there was (*click clack*) something about a Castle mentio-" He stops abruptly, the bright yellow eyelights staring at the Fomicadian leader. "What is (*clickity clack*) it doing here. There was no mention of this (*click clack*) prior. This is an outrage!" The skeletal warlord slams his fist down hard on the table in front of him... which causes him to fall apart, eyes dimming.

After a few moments, though, his bony components start rattling and reassembling into a body, with his head flying up on his shoulders last. "Ugh. I'm still not (*click clackity*) used to that. Anyways, where was I? Oh, yes, being outraged." He goes back to gesturing towards the Ant-men. "We of the Imperial Remnant refuse to work with them! If they expect us to go so far as to (*click clack*) stack with them, they've got another thing coming..."

"Our (*click clack*) forces may be... nominally, at least... at the disposal of the others here. But mark (*click clack*) my words. We do not do this for any of you."

Jacior wrote:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:20 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Parsnap looked down at the ridiculous hat in his hands and then over to the bunch of letters in the various hands of his retinue.
    “...the boops a Picofly”
    “Horatio head haw i already don’t like this guy”
    “Uuh guys this one’s inviting us to... ‘mount’ him”
    “I think this one has a thing for the picoloflies”
    “Boss this one has siege but looks to scared to us it”
    “What does obfuscated mean?”

Parsnap promptly tossed the hat over his shoulder, “toss em”, a flurry of paper notes descended on the column below. He could see more paper blowing out of the hat as it fell.
    “Bunch of savage amateurs”, reaching into his cloak Parsnap pulled out one of the few magic items he allowed in his army and affixed it to his ear, a pale green glass pane covered his left eye. Touching his finger to the activation rune he called out, “Parsnap calling Kai, are you receiving me”

In a hex far away from the conflict, in an enormous level five castle, in a room containing a caster with pale blue skin wearing a robe, apair of dark glasses and a black hat with floppy antenna, the call was heard. Straightening his shades Kai flicked his head forward, his hats antenna shot up rigid an alert as he homed in on Parsnaps signal.

Balling his fist behind his back Kai smiled and thought back,
    “go for Kai”
    “Dude i aint got time to be reading every thought these baffons decide to write down and stick into a hat, gram em to cram em, i’m sending one of the mooks with the spare talkers to the city. Oh and if they plan to engage to the west tell them to send something east i aint lookin to get bit in the tail, Break”

The Frieza Force troop reverently took the case of talkers from his Warlords hands and hung in the air stareing at it a second too long and almost dropped it as he was chased out of the hex. Think-a-mancer Kai followed the troopers progress as he arrived at the city and ordered him to announce himself as an emissary to the commanders currently in residence. Once we was shown to the gathering he ordered him to dawn a talker and projected his image through its little green screen
    “Alright hat-wads, listen up.”

Edit:Seeing as we're going to post all our orders in one go i've removed mine from this post

Last edited by Stryke on Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:00 pm 
    "Prince Pixie,

Your Picoflies pack quite the punch when combined, so they should be preserved.

They are however plentiful, and able to move 4 hexes. Since we all can only see 4 hexes out, would you please order only 1 pico to each horizon to expand our field of view?

1 to 2339
    1 to 2640
    1 to 2540 (instead of a whole stack)

and keep the rest back?
    (you have shouted them to move forward, but time dilation is a bitch, and they are still here in hex ;))"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:29 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    EDIT: Action aborted.

Last edited by Atrius Night on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 pm 
    EDIT: Action aborted.

Last edited by Atrius Night on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:39 pm 
    This user has been published!
    {Please edit all your orders into one final instruction, and use the #ORDERSXX to make life easier for the GM. Please go back through earlier orders and removed any #ORDERSXX - this should only appear with the final orders - Thanks - Nixon}

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:43 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user posted the comment of the month
    LTD wrote:
    {Please edit all your orders into one final instruction, and use the #ORDERSXX to make life easier for the GM. Please go back through earlier orders and removed any #ORDERSXX - this should only appear with the final orders - Thanks - Nixon}

I'm in the process of trying to organize all the orders into a single segment of the pad. Both to present coherently, and to make sure everyone is on the same page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:00 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Spades Suit Pip
    Brutus, Bigman of the Brutes and Heir and Chief Warlord of Ceasar's Columned Colonial Compound looks over the units assembled. They were an odd bunch, all seeming overly specialized, besides perhaps that Parsnip fellow. Flying infantry was at least infantry.

He was leaning on his six foot hyper mace, a blunt pole arm he and his troops used... it's been too long since he actually fought with the sword he was popped with, but it hurt moral on cohesion is he was using a weapon that was too different from the one his troops wielded.

"I understand you guys might fear those sixteen pikers... sending too few units could cost us some of our own. But me and my brutes, we're top tier infantry, 402 combat power all told. Assuming this Parsnip fellow coordinates with us, I can take the units not able to be fit on your massive mounts and show those pikers the meaning of overwhelming force."
    The tall and muscular warlord explained his plan bluntly.

"As I'd have the stack count advantage, I could cycle our units, hitting their stacks as hard as possible without risking croaking our own units."

[If no one else wants to, I could claim 2440 to start cranking out units for our conquest.]

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:31 am 
    {90% sure 2440 is claimed by Dogton}

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games