Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:12 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Quote:
W44. Where's our 100J Shockamancy gem?

Reading back through the thread it is currently in the possession of AC. He is holding it in deposit for 100s that you owe him.

Quote:
W45. The next Dollamancy project is likely enhancing our Goggle's to see through Golem's eyes. Does Erfman feel they are doable with his current understanding (and examining Cadaver's Helm)? Does he guesstimate a Juice cost?

Possible but likely very difficult. He suspects that the croakamancy helm was likely created with the assistance of a Thinkamancer. Erfman guesstimates a minimum of 400-600 Juice to be able to study the Croakamancy helm in detail and attempt to recreate it’s remote viewing ability but with golems instead of uncroaked.

cypermancer wrote:
Since we can only hire 2 I would only have hired the luck and croak since we can only hire two with the resources we have and the blitzers are working for the enemy even with a NDA I would have not taken the risk.

I’m happy to retcon the last post if there is a consensus against hiring the Shockamancer.

Erfman spells known

Arkum rules discovered so far

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:13 am 
    Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I would like a retcon

Maybe even offer the new croak and luck the same deal cadavar has. We could also see if dotti or AC would be intrested in a more long term deal like cadavar. Having all four of them on a long term contract would be worth the cost to me and give us alot more resources for each turn. Even just the new croakamancer and luckamancer would give us 200 more juice a turn for two rations and 150 shmuckers.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17gu ... wpDEY/edit

Current side of Arkum stats

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2Z ... Otg9o/edit

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:21 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter For when you need it most
    Unless Dotti explicitly confirms that the Shockamancer did not know he was first to accept our offer, then to reject him is unfair, and alienating if the boy is currently neutral.
    I object to retcon.

I don't see what a walk up and down the tower reveals more than a Lookamancer would reveal.

I don't object to offering the new casters contracts. Write the offer up :)

Last edited by WurmD on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:51 am 
    (Just to clarify Dotti made contact with each of the casters separately. The Shockamancer might not know he was the first to agree to the deal but Dotti can not say for sure)

I’ll let you fight it out over whether we retcon or not.

Erfman spells known

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 am 
    What's done is done. I, on general principals, don't like letting probable hostiles in without a carefully controlled environment, but this might turn out to be an opportunity. Let's see how this plays out. Keep the golems all well hidden, and keep them away from anything that might be useable as intel. Worst case, they know what spells we have hanging on the tower and how much juice is in it, unless shockamancers can natively sense other units' juice levels.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:13 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter For when you need it most
    W46. Can we charge the tower from the ground floor? Or do we need to climb to the 3rd floor?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:16 pm 
    Quote:
    W46. Can we charge the tower from the ground floor? Or do we need to climb to the 3rd floor?

To charge the tower you must be in the towerzone of the city (so yes above the 3rd floor) and in physical contact with an external wall (or the floor or spire if you are on the roof)

If you are worrying about security however as my old maps sort of show you can reach there by going through empty stairwells and corridors. (No need to go through any sensitive rooms).

Quote:
    What's done is done. I, on general principals, don't like letting probable hostiles in without a carefully controlled environment, but this might turn out to be an opportunity. Let's see how this plays out. Keep the golems all well hidden, and keep them away from anything that might be useable as intel. Worst case, they know what spells we have hanging on the tower and how much juice is in it, unless shockamancers can natively sense other units' juice levels.

So I’m going to take Someguys support to mean no retcon required.

As for the pseudo question you are not aware of Shockamancers being able to sense the juice level of a unit.

—————

"Welcome caster Candle." says Erfman, he glances at AC while continuing "One can't ever have enough Shockamancer Juice. Shall we go up so you can charge our tower?" Erfman says gesturing towards the stairs.

”Greetings and well met” Roman replies as he gives a strange one armed salute. ”Is all you require the tower to be charged with raw Shockamancy or were you requiring the hanging of spells?” he asks as he glances around the portal room. ”You’re representative did not specify” he adds as his gaze lingers briefly on each of the units in the room.

”Please lead the way...” Roman then declares.

Erfman spells known

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:09 pm 
    "Raw Juice for today is fine" says Erfman as he leads the way with his Bob shadow.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:02 pm 
    I don't actually expect they can, and neither canon nor in game questions have covered shockamancy senses. That was just a longshot worst case scenario. If I thought it likely I'd have suggested we ask a shockancer. Actually, that's probably a good idea, in the long run. When we can spare some rands, do people think we should ask a shockamancer about what their senses can and cannot detect?

On the tower-we probably should think about hanging some spells on it, shockamancy or otherwise, at some point. Even just hanging an activate golem entangled with some of our sleepers would be a nice defensive trigger. We have need of the juice at the moment, but something to consider for future turns.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:32 pm 
    When he leaves
    "What did you get from his Signamancy Dotti? That salute?
    And how did he feel relative to us Mahogany? Hostile?"

We've been forgetting to Shear Billie for Wool
    New Standing Order:
    - Shear goats for Wool
    yes?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:36 am 
    "Raw Juice for today is fine" says Erfman as he leads the way with his Bob shadow.

”Very good” Roman replies with a slight nod as he follows through the empty passageways and up the sets of staircases until they reach the tower level.

”I believe the price for my services was three rations correct?” Roman then declares. Once paid Roman places his hand on the wall and begins to channel his juice in to the tower. Soon enough Roman is done and the tower is filled with 100 juice.

”Objective completed as requested” Roman then declares.

”If you’re tower requires further charging I should be available next turn aswell...” Roman then adds.

When he leaves

"What did you get from his Signamancy Dotti? That salute?
    And how did he feel relative to us Mahogany? Hostile?"
    Erfman questions.

”The salute appeared to be an ingrained action, likely something he has either done for a long time or a mannerism he was popped with. The Blitzers are not known for being organised or regimented so I would theorise that it is a remnant of Caster Candle’s former side. This may suggest that he has not been a barbarian long and is likely a new recruit to the Blitzers” Dotti reports. ”His signamancy suggests that he prefers structure and order, two traits that are unusual for Blitzers. He came across as cautious and curious but not overtly hostile. He was constantly observing and studying us while attempting to not draw too much attention in return.” Dotti reveals.

Mahogany then gives a wide eyed look at the question directed at her before a thoughtful expression crosses her features. Finally she smiles before moving to stand very close to Erfman before vigorously shaking her head. She then hurriedly moves to the far end of the room and stands in the corner as far away as she can get from everyone else and gives Erfman a meaningful look.

Meanwhile in the stables

A Piker with a set of shears arrives and begins shearing the goats and collecting their wool.

(3 units of wool obtained)

Erfman spells known

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:55 am 
    Hahhahahahaha
    I did not get that *at all*!

Other facets? Are you able to translate Mahogany?

Quote:
    ”I believe the price for my services was three rations correct?” Roman then declares. Once paid Roman places his hand on the wall and begins to channel his juice in to the tower. Soon enough Roman is done and the tower is filled with 100 juice.
    Before giving him the rations and he charging the tower
    "Didn't Dotti mention the Rand conversions? Here are the 3 rations for your base pay, and 3 more fruits to be converted into Rands, if you're willing, as many as you're willing. Then the remaining Juice indeed into the Tower."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:18 pm 
    Before giving him the rations and he charging the tower
    "Didn't Dotti mention the Rand conversions? Here are the 3 rations for your base pay, and 3 more fruits to be converted into Rands, if you're willing, as many as you're willing. Then the remaining Juice indeed into the Tower." Erfman interrupts.

Roman looks at Erfman for a moment before shrugging. ”If that is what you wish...” he finally replies.

With that said Roman begins to slowly create rands before taking a break to eat a piece of fruit and then starting on the next rand.

(3 fruit used 3 rands gained)

Tower 70/200

Erfman spells known

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:38 pm 
    We have 18 fruit-eating high-upkeep units counting AC (>14s)
    Fert has 18 fruits, plus we'll rebuild the Farm today (which we can manage today, so +6 rations, -2 chicken rations for Stingers)

And 18 Fruits will pop in Capital at Dawn, so we can spend them all today and still feed everyone expensive next turn-start.

Great Success!

After that exchange, Roman leaves, the Mahogany exchange happens
    Quote:
    Mahogany then gives a wide eyed look at the question directed at her before a thoughtful expression crosses her features. Finally she smiles before moving to stand very close to Erfman before vigorously shaking her head. She then hurriedly moves to the far end of the room and stands in the corner as far away as she can get from everyone else and gives Erfman a meaningful look.

"So, he was not hostile?" Asks Erfman pausing for a clear response, while also glancing at Dotti

"And he.. wanted to belong? (was that what you mimed?)" asks Erfman uncertainly

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:02 pm 
    WurmD wrote:
    We have 18 fruit-eating high-upkeep units counting AC (>14s)
    Fert has 18 fruits, plus we'll rebuild the Farm today (which we can manage today, so +6 rations, -2 chicken rations for Stingers)

And 18 Fruits will pop in Capital at Dawn, so we can spend them all today and still feed everyone expensive next turn-start.

Great Success!

After that exchange, Roman leaves, the Mahogany exchange happens
    Quote:

"So, he was not hostile?" Asks Erfman pausing for a clear response, while also glancing at Dotti

"And he.. wanted to belong? (was that what you mimed?)" asks Erfman uncertainly

That was more or less my read. I think she thinks he seems to like the place. At the very least, he is unlikely to be hostile. He may very well want to keep a close eye on us, though.

He might be worth working on. If he's newly in the blitzers, but on decent terms with us, he might be an information vector for us, not just against us.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:22 pm 
    Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Mine as well....

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17gu ... wpDEY/edit

Current side of Arkum stats

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2Z ... Otg9o/edit

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:58 am 
    "So, he was not hostile?" Asks Erfman asks pausing for a clear response, while also glancing at Dotti.

”He was not overtly hostile” Dotti replies. ”And he did not display any obvious signs of anger or aggression towards you or your side...” Dotti clarifies. ”If he is indeed working for the Dark One then it is likely that he sees it as strictly business...” Dotti finishes.

"And he.. wanted to belong? (was that what you mimed?)" asks Erfman uncertainly.

Mahogany looks at Erfman for a moment and then shakes her head before looking towards Dotti with slightly wide eyes.

”I believe the word she was trying to convey was distant...” Dotti reveals.

”Did you want me to send a message to the next caster now?” Dotti then asks. ”Next is a miss Kelly Ton Level 1 Novice croakamancer “ Dotti adds.

Erfman spells known

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:28 am 
    "Yes please"

Also, *mentally order Gopher to give his fruits to Feet, and Fert to bring all 18 fruits 1 hex south into the Capital*

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:07 am 
    Dotti carefully writes out another letter before heading down to the portal room and posting it through the yellow portal.

Meanwhile scout Fert returns to the city with a sack filled with fruit and deposits it in the larder.

(18 fruit added to the larder)

Dotti then heads through the portal and a short while later Erfman is greeted by an offer of non aggression from a Kelly Ton before Dotti returns with a pale skinned and very gaunt looking woman wearing white robes.

”King Erfman, may I present to you croakamancer Kelly Ton” Dotti declares by way of introduction. The caster gives an awkward curtsy and looks expectantly in Erfman’s direction.

Erfman spells known

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:04 am 
    "Welcome, welcome" says Erfman affably gently taking her hand in the courtly gesture as if to kiss it

"Dotti, if you would do the honors?" says he as he gestures to the table

I wonder if Cadaver will ever turn to the side
    And if Mahogany's dateamancy sense can feel the degree of loyalty/willingness-to-turn
    New Standing Order:
    - At end of turn, go to Mahogany, and ask her how strong, on a scale, is the dateamancy bond of each of the contracted casters to us
    yes?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games