Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:34 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit IRC Quote of the Moment
mnwxy wrote:
Quote:
Oh, I don't strictly mean infinite range, just that an out of hex attack, especially over several hexes, would get replicated as quickly as possible until it was commonly used. That would be a game changer

And that’s why I’m saying it’s likely that it’s just really, really slow and inaccurate, to the point where pretty much any unit could just step out of its way without taking any damage, unless they were neutral and unable to escape.

you are forgetting something really important about ranged (different hex) attacks, and is that if its really really long range, you could be casting it to units that are way out of range (because its their offturn) so they would get the impact totally on their face without being able to do anything about it.

Math's is in the air! <- date Open until march 1st!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:13 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter For when you need it most
    (the discussions we start to entertain ourselves while the Titans are gone XD)

To Herring:
    "What are Rands? Would you tell me of these Rands I heard in passing somewhere.." speaking absentmindedly

Last edited by WurmD on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:34 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Vendanna wrote:
    mnwxy wrote:
    Quote:
    Oh, I don't strictly mean infinite range, just that an out of hex attack, especially over several hexes, would get replicated as quickly as possible until it was commonly used. That would be a game changer

And that’s why I’m saying it’s likely that it’s just really, really slow and inaccurate, to the point where pretty much any unit could just step out of its way without taking any damage, unless they were neutral and unable to escape.

you are forgetting something really important about ranged (different hex) attacks, and is that if its really really long range, you could be casting it to units that are way out of range (because its their offturn) so they would get the impact totally on their face without being able to do anything about it.

Unless it's a hexwide attack, not necessarily true. Long range without lookamancy means we're likely to miss a specific target, and they can always hit the dirt for an entrenchment/fortification bonus vs ranged attacks.

WurmD wrote:
    (the discussions we start to entertain ourselves while the Titans are gone XD)

To Herring:
    "What are Rands? Tell me of these Rands I heard in passing somewhere"

Rands. Yes. Rands are worth investigating. I'd be a little more polite and a little less commanding, but definitely worth asking about

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:11 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    Vendanna wrote:
    mnwxy wrote:
    Quote:

Something else about ranged attacks is that they're attacks. It could be that once the effect turns from a signal to an actual attack it can't leave hex. Signal towers would be interesting though, we haven't seen those on Erf.

Overlord Denny Thor! You must light the fires! Gone-door needs aid; call for the Knights of Row Hand!

Rise of the Stagemancer: Part 1 Trust Me
    A tale of Rhyme-o-mancy: The Noble Gasses

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:08 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter For when you need it most
    SomeGuy411 wrote:
    How are you doing group designators, just a number on the unit to show how many are in the hex? when we have to track 20 or 30 per unit icons got cumbersome unless carefully grouped.
    Check this: https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36712/3uUIMQ With hexes this big we can handle 80 individual units in each hex fine.

We may, in the future add single tokens for 8-unit stacks, but with hexes that big we wouldn't need to

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:07 pm 
    WurmD wrote:
    SomeGuy411 wrote:
    How are you doing group designators, just a number on the unit to show how many are in the hex? when we have to track 20 or 30 per unit icons got cumbersome unless carefully grouped.
    Check this: https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36712/3uUIMQ With hexes this big we can handle 80 individual units in each hex fine.

We may, in the future add single tokens for 8-unit stacks, but with hexes that big we wouldn't need to

...yeah, that would work nicely. I didn't realize you could scale them that far with roll20

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:08 am 
    Wurm as requested. The cart;

Spoiler: show

Erfman spells known

Arkum rules discovered so far

Arkum unit image index

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:17 pm 
    Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Alright lets do it.

Working with master Herring you sit down to identify a few magic items. Starting with spikes axe. You feel the juice pour out of you costing you 50 juice!

+1 battle axe

+1 combat score and + 1 damage!

Moving to blunted smile you again feel the juice pour out of you. However you gain a new understanding of the spell.

Blunted smile

+1 weapon ( +1 combat score and damage)

Juice storage 0/100 ( This weapon can store raw juice. This juice will remain in the weapon until used. The caster can use this juice to power thier spells.

Shocking smash: the wielder may expend juice stored in the weapon. For every 25 juice used the weapon deals an additinal 1d6 electic damage. You may decide to release the juice after you have confirmed a hit

Identify
    Class: hatmagic
    Juice: 25/50
    Range: item touched
    Casting time: 3 rounds

The caster learns the magical properties of a magic item touched. This spell can fail on more powerful items.

You spend your remaining 25 juice on spell research. You cast on a battle axe. As you form the globe the axe head glows red hot and begins to melt. The weapon is damaged.

You create a energyblast scroll (cold) Herrring as part of this payment.

Well update the rest as I have time.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17gu ... wpDEY/edit

Current side of Arkum stats

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2Z ... Otg9o/edit

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:00 pm 
    Juice storage. JUICE STORAGE!

Ok, we want to replicate that effect. If we can start pooling juice around to casters as we need it, or at least storing it for later turns, we can do...a lot. I wouldn't mind starting a new battery collection, and we ARE a shockamancer...

the shockamancy smash-is it 1d6 as a hit on the target unit, or as an electrical arc? Can it be pumped up to do multiple d6 in one hit? can we spend juice from our pool, or just the weapon's pool(basically, can we rejuice it as we're burning juice from it)?
    can someone else use the weapon like we can, and if so, can it's juice be spent if a noncaster uses it?
    everything else I have to ask is dittomancy related, so won't come up any time soon.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:23 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    SomeGuy411 wrote:

Ok, we want to replicate that effect. If we can start pooling juice around to casters as we need it, or at least storing it for later turns, we can do...a lot. I wouldn't mind starting a new battery collection, and we ARE a shockamancer...

Ditto on the axe questions, inquiring minds want to know.
    And yeah, juice storage. I can just imagine opening a battery sales outlet to the Magic Kingdom.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:44 pm 
    tadthornhill wrote:
    SomeGuy411 wrote:

Ditto on the axe questions, inquiring minds want to know.
    And yeah, juice storage. I can just imagine opening a battery sales outlet to the Magic Kingdom.

I'd...rather not. A side was already nuked for proper exploitation of that, I could see the thinkamancers taking offence...again, and turning batteries en mass into fiery blasts...again.

Seriously though, that would be immensely profitable. Low utility casters could be tapped to fill things, so more situationally useful casters could be used more. I could see a few sides making heavy use of that, even if the MK doesn't

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:03 pm 
    Hey, you know how the axe got all melty when we tried to do the fire thing? Here’s a crazy idea: make a cold-ball, and put a cold-ball and fireball of equal strengths on either side of a weapon, so that the weapon is in the middle and has a normal temperature where the effects cancel out, but gains an aura of both heat and cold.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:39 am 
    Wow Blunted Smile has some pretty cool abilities.

Q1: Can you only expend 25 juice per attack or could you use all 100 juice at once to deal an extra 4d6 Damage?

Q2: How long does it take to charge the hammer with juice?

Q3: For the identify spell under juice cost what does 25/50 mean? Is that the cost for a hat magician / non hat magician to cast?

I think the reason the axe was damaged when trying to imbue it with flames was that we need more practice. Remember the flameball failed on our first attempt aswell. Hopefully next time we will have better results.

Erfman spells known

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:14 am 
    A humble suggestion
    Quote:
    As Anna and Herring come to get their rations a bit before dawn,
    "Would you wait awhile, until our turn start? And Herring, could I have a NDA contract for Dee (shockamancy scroll or 2 rations today?) and would you go get her to join us as well?"

(wait for him and her)

As Dee join us and signs "Welcome to our merry little band of friends Dee, you know Herring, and this is Anna" *soft smile* "Here, protected by these walls and NDAs we are all free and even *encouraged* to speak freely!" :D

"First, I'd like to informally offer you guaranteed upkeep, for as long as we may live, for the simple pleasure of coming each morning, and discussing the upcoming day over our shared rations. We'll let you know what we'll be doing and if we'd like to buy your Juice that turn, and you'll be free to sell it or go about your personal business unimpeded (and-if-your-personal-business-includes-magical-research-we'd-love-to-participate!)" she finishes excitedly ^_^

(side though: no fear of disbandment by starvation, and no fear of disbandment by disobedience, it's the best of both worlds. I don't see why a caster would ever turn to a side having this)

"But first! Let's wait a bit for the turn to start, my meal to pop, and the scouts to report, and I'll have an even more *outrageous* offer for ALL of you" smiling hugely :D

(wait for turn to start and meal to pop)

"Come, come, join me at the table, lets eat" *gesturing good naturedly*

(wait for scouts to report)

*CLAP HANDS!* "OK! Here's the situation, Herring, if you will" *holds pinky up, and hooks pinky with Herring* "I hereby pinky swear we have no known sided enemies, nor our scouts detected any army up to 8 move away from here, the Capital. That should guarantee our survival at least one more turn!" :D *bug-eyed-smile!*
    "I also pinky swear we need less than 500 shmuckers to upgrade the Capital, and that we expect the upgraded city to produce an extra 1000 shmuckers"
    "Finally I pinky swear that if any of you lends Arkum a combined total of 500 shmuckers, Arkum will pay you back 1500s next start of turn!!" *giddy with excitement*

"This is such a win-win! You get to *TRIPLE* your savings, and Arkum gets an upgraded Capital 1 turn early at no extra cost!"
    Agree: WurmD
    Disagree:

(their combined purses can hold over 3000 shmuckers; 500 divided by 3, it's less than 200 shmuckers a head; 200s is less than 1 day of work for each of them; it's likely they have 500s between all 3)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:29 am 
    You can try if you want but you do realise that will leave us for no funds on the turn of the upgrade to hire Anna.

Erfman spells known

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:50 am 
    I do. That is why it's a suggestion in need of approval.

Do you prefer
    - the 1 turn of extra production, and the unknown benefits of a lvl2 (library? tower lvl2? building possibilities? new popping possibilities?)
    - having a treasury and possibility of paying to hire

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:18 am 
    On the one hand I did want Anna to assist with the actual upgrading of the city in the hope that we would gain a unique benefit for having a changemancer helping with the upgrade.

Also the treasury would be very close to 0. (I don’t know if that’s actually a risk but it feels like a risk)

On the other hand the sooner we can increase our popping rate the better. (I’m hopping at level 2 we can pop units twice as fast)

I suppose we can wait until after next turn’s scout reports to decide when we will have a better idea if we need any cash for any emergency expenditures.

Erfman spells known

Arkum unit image index

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:13 am 
    mnwxy wrote:
    Hey, you know how the axe got all melty when we tried to do the fire thing? Here’s a crazy idea: make a cold-ball, and put a cold-ball and fireball of equal strengths on either side of a weapon, so that the weapon is in the middle and has a normal temperature where the effects cancel out, but gains an aura of both heat and cold.

Unless we can get the spell to work correctly with one element alone, all that will do is cause a LOT of stress fracturing and destroy the weapon. It might make for a decent staff, but it won't really be useable as anything else until we work out the kinks with both heat and cold imbuement

WurmD wrote:
    Idea

Much as I like city upgrades and all that comes with them, I think it's worth delaying the turn, so we can both have contingency prep money and so we can have changeamancy done on the city as it upgrades. We know a dirtamancer can, in exchange for being the one setting signamancy when the city levels, reduce the cost of an upgrade as it's being done, so it might be worth seeing what can be done.
    I also think it's a longshot, getting any caster to give out a loan, even a short term one, but that's a different issue. At the very least, I'm going to wait on the scout report before I sign off.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:59 am 
    I think we need to wait. I think we need to practice waiting. Anything we can't wait one turn for we can't hold on to ten turns from now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:31 am 
    Quote:
    "Hmm, about the golem, we're very curious about it! What would its stats be? Would you ask her? Would it be able to fly and/or have the Scouting special? (if no, how much for the cheapest flying and/or scouting golem possible?)"

She didn't give me a clear answer on its stats, just that they would be underwhelming. For a flying scout she says she could craft something like that, but your looking at 500 shmuckers. Also she reminded me golems cant talk. She did say for 2000 shmuckers. She could craft you a scouting package. It would include two of the scouting flying golems and a set of goggles that would allow you to see through the scouts eyes. Any new birds purchased from her would also be linked to the goggles.
    "Herring! :D Remember the Dollamancer? I was really excited by her offer! Would you let her know that? 'That we'll definitely be ordering her services in the future, but that for now we're actually more interested in one of the staples of Dollamancy, the Battle Bear! Would you ask how many materials she would need to craft a Battle Bear? And how much she would charge for one if we don't provide said materials? And of course, what could she guarantee its stats to be' Thanks! :D"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games