Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:15 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Second the movement plan (assuming units riding get their movement costs negated) and the questions, although I don’t want to test out the all push/pull in case the penalty applies to all of us or something. We can try it next turn.

We don’t have to use the spear to open the chest; we can get a little safer than that. One of the pikers crosses the hex boundary towards the capital with the chests and leaves them so that one wall is in the hex boundary. We get ten seconds to run away before one wall of the chest gets destroyed and we get to see what’s inside.

Can we not take the incapacitated units prisoner?

Second harvesting the woof corpses.

Questions:
M29: How do we take something prisoner? Does a command unit have to be in the same hex?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:41 am 
    I prefer using the spears to open the chests, not only do we get to keep the chests themselves at the end of it rather than having them destroyed but we don’t risk destroying any of the contents. Also it is unlikely the chests are trapped anyway, using the spears are just for paranoias sake.

Same with the axe for the locked one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:57 am 
    The contents themselves won’t be destroyed; we’re just cutting off one of the walls. I doubt the chests will be all that useful intact anyway; I recall we have crates at the capital. It’ll be up to the mysterious ethers of democracy?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:02 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    If one of the contents is large enough, there is no guarantee it will not be cut as well. We are not precise as of yet in this technique.

No need for democracy. Much better is "non-objection rounds":
    - mnwxy, do you Object to using spears? (You feel danger lurking, and thus object to the middle ground of "use long stick" in the "open by hex boundary"-"open by hand" continuum?)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 am 
    I don’t particularly object to using a spear to open it, no. If it’s trapped, we should reconsider opening the other one, though.

Edit:
    On a different topic...
    M30: How complex are the orders we can send to units out of hex? Can we give conditionals? (E.g. if there is more than one feral, don’t engage, otherwise attack)
    M31: Can any unit from our side free/capture units?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:16 pm 
    On a different subject, what do people think we should pop next round? Currently my mind is split 3 ways.

A) Scouts (There’s always a lot of scouting to be done)
    B) Pikers (would be the quickest way to replace our lost units and give us a full stack for combat)
    C) Archer (would have been really useful to have a back row of archers in that last fight)

Q) Are we aware of what kind of stack bonus we had for being in a full 8 unit stack?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:19 pm 
    One more turn of scouts, then garrison archers, is my vote, on popping

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:34 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    I'm for scouts. As long as we don't have active scouting every turn on a radius of minimum 8 hexes (our own pitiful units' Move) we're being irresponsible.
    Ideally the radius would be larger, because there will be enemy units with higher Move than 8.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:47 pm 
    I’m for scouts. We can regain the lost combat power when we tame the woofs, and we’ve probably leveled up anyway.
    Should we send Scout A down the road to keep exploring, or keep him around to watch out for threats?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:58 pm 
    I think it likely threats will come from the road, so sending scout A down it accomplishes both. my only concern is they won't be back at end of turn if we do that

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:36 pm 
    One of the benefits of the circular scout paths is "safety": each Scout ends turn closer to the Capital (i.e., -04.-02 vs further away)
    Ergo, this is my Suggested action for Scout A:
    and tomorrow his findings at the further side of his scout path will be reported in full detail without the need of a hat

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:49 pm 
    WurmD wrote:
    One of the benefits of the circular scout paths is "safety": each Scout ends turn closer to the Capital (i.e., -04.-02 vs further away)
    Ergo, this is my Suggested action for Scout A:
    and tomorrow his findings at the further side of his scout path will be reported in full detail without the need of a hat

Seems like a good idea. I'd suggest, after popping 2 more scouts, we set them up in a similar fashion on the other side of the capitol, too. Still leaves a few blind spots, but it's easy to slot in more of those circles.

edit: What are you working on the map in, anyway? Could be useful to be able to plot a few thoughts from time to time

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:11 pm 
    I have no objections to popping more scouts though we likely won’t be seeking out anymore engagements until we have a full stack again.

Also happy to support the suggested movement of scout A

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:19 pm 
    SomeGuy (and anyone else too :) ), here: https://app.roll20.net/join/4646217/jklS-w

Theory: Units that fall to exactly 0 hits have a high chance of being non-lethally incapacitated

Last edited by WurmD on Wed May 15, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 pm 
    WurmD wrote:
    SomeGuy (and anyone else too :) ), here: https://app.roll20.net/join/4646217/jklS-w

Didn't realize a roll20 page was set up for this. awesome, thanks :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:50 pm 
    Just a random thought- since we know when a unit is taken prisoner, if we have a scout take a harmless unit and repeatedly take it prisoner and release it, they could send Morse code signals back to us.

Do we want to check out the MK next turn?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:01 pm 
    We have money and rations today. We could go today

Last edited by WurmD on Wed May 15, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:02 pm 
    Wasn’t there a rumor about it being dangerous? Going there with juice for Hoboken-negation seems like a good idea. Also, I want to see if building up money alerts us to the existence of any buildings.

Going there today would probably still be fine, though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:18 pm 
    I agree it would be prudent to have Hoboken-negation juice.

However, we, as Shockamancers, are supposed to be the heavy weights of the casters. We could bluff our safety simply by introducing ourselves as "Shockamancer Harley" and not revealing we are Juiceless, plus a magical weapon in hand, in addition to remaining near our portal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:59 pm 
    WurmD wrote:
    I agree it would be prudent to have Hoboken-negation juice.

However, we, as Shockamancers, are supposed to be the heavy weights of the casters. We could bluff our safety simply by introducing ourselves as "Shockamancer Harley" and not revealing we are Juiceless, plus a magical weapon in hand, in addition to remaining near our portal.

I mean, we could do that, but we could also waltz in with full juice and maybe a new level to boot.

Little late, but I second WurmD’s scout movement plan.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games