Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Your Things » Your Games

Post subject: Daes Dae'mar
 Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:42 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
How about a little forum game of Daes Dae'mar?

Each player represents the head of a noble house vying for supremacy in the nation of Cairhien. The goal is to have your house rule Cairhien at the end of the 52nd week (turn).

Each turn (representing an in-game week) the various houses plot, spy, plan and manipulate one another to place their House at advantage. This is done through two mecahnics: parties and voting.

Each turn, a house can decide to hold a party or attend a party, If they hold a party, they will send out invitations to other houses, and those houses will either attend or not (you may only attend one party, and you cannot attend a different party if you are hosting).

Hosts will gain influence equal to the rank of the highest ranked person who attends, as well as one influence per attendee besides themselves. They will lose one influence per invitation refused. (e.g. James decides to hold a party, inviting five others. Three show up, including Damian, of a Rank 4 house. James earns 4 points for Damian's rank, three influence for the attendees, but loses two for the refused invitations. This nets him five influence.)

Attendees will gain influence equal to the difference in rank between the highest ranked attendee and their house rank. Additionally, they will gain one point of influence per attendees (including the host) other than themselves. (e.g. Joseph is also at James's party. Since there are Three other attendees (including the host) Joseph will get three influence. Since Joseph is a lowly Rank 1 noble, he will get four influence from Damian attending as well. Damian, on the other hand, will only get three influence for attending the party, as he is the highest ranked noble there.)

The other method for gaining influence is through voting each turn. Each house gets one vote per rank and can vote for any other house, even voting multiple times for the same house. Each vote grants that House one Influence. These "votes" are kept secret with only the results revealed.

Increasing in rank takes Number of Players * Rank to reach the next level. E.g. if there are five players, it will take 5 Influence to reach rank 2, 10 to reach rank 3, etc. Influence resets each rank (e.g. so you need 10 additional influence to reach rank 3 from rank 2).

The first House to reach Rank 10 becomes the king/queen of Cairhien.

The King/Queen of Cairhien can use their votes to reduce a House's influence, at the cost of influence themselves. E.g. they can spend all 10 of their votes and 10 of their own Influence to reduce a house's influence by 10. A House can be reduced in Rank because of this, but the King/Queen cannot spend Influence they do not have or reduce their rank below 10.

If multiple Houses are Rank 10, the House with the most Influence is king/queen of Cairhien.

The House that is King/Queen at the end of turn 52 wins.

Questions? Interest?

Last Updated 12/15/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Daes Dae'mar
     Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:01 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Wow.. GJC would excel at this game.
    Alas, he and the other more talkative members of our community are unavailable. :(

In the meanwhile, plenty of backdoor diplomacy going on on Erf Sea ^_^, and I'm using absolutely all my free time processing turns as fast as possible

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    WurmD wrote:
    Alas, he and the other more talkative members of our community are unavailable. :(

In the meanwhile, plenty of backdoor diplomacy going on on Erf Sea ^_^, and I'm using absolutely all my free time processing turns as fast as possible

Is the forum dead, Jim?

Last Updated 12/15/2017

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    tigerusthegreat wrote:
    WurmD wrote:

Is the forum dead, Jim?

More like alot of the more involved player are in wurmD game or currently on active. While you game sounds fun. I dont think I have time for it and not sure how well I would do in it.

side creation rules
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HVm ... E4uww/edit

pad
    https://edupad.ch/Erfspace

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:37 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    It doesn't seem like a very time consuming game to me, unless I missed a detail. Basically each turn people start listing off that they are hosting a party. People say if they'll attend. When an appropriate amount of time passes, there's a vote and then the next turn begins.

Right?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Your Things » Your Games