Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 118
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:21 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Erfmover Supporter
Personally, I'm not seeing why people are jumping straight to "Parson is Loyal to Charlie!!!1!" versus Parson thinking "What are the chances Charlie won't try to kill everyone if I turn back immediately?" He literally just made whatever deal he made, it's way to soon to even casually consider turning back.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:24 am 
    This is even worse than I've seen from any comments here. There's lots of speculation about the damage Parson could do on CC's side, but I don't think Charlie is interested in that at all. Don't forget about the comic page immediately before this. Charlescomm units are under orders to shoot Parson on sight when he steps through the portal. He's in serious trouble.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:25 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    I would not want to be decrypted any way you look at it. The Magic shouldn't last on Earth. It would be the death of me one way or the other. You would most likely turn to dust upon returning home. Plus, screw Wanda. I'm not into being subservient in a relationship like that.

Well, Ossomer turning, and Lilith ratting out Wanda to Parson proves that even being decrypted doesn't put you completely under Wanda's control. If anyone would be equipped to immediately tell Wanda to piss off right after being decrypted, it'd be Parson.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:26 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    In the last update an Archon says "shoot on sight" and tells Lilith that they are expecting "her boss" to come through the portal. Charlie is on-dish and Parson is in his CC livery when she says it, so she should have received new orders to NOT shoot on sight. Unless what? What am I missing? Are they still planning on blasting his ass to pieces when he walks through?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:27 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    A few people have mentioned Parsons lack of emotion in regards to him turning to CC. I have to disagree. I've never seen Parson look more pained than he does now. I think that's what is trying to be expressed in the panel after Jack asks him to turn back. He wants to say yes, but he knows he can't, so what we get is an uncomfortable silence, with Parson looking like he wishes he could retreat into his own skull.

I for one hope Parson stays with CC for a time. He is Fated to break war. What better way than to use Charlie's resources.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:28 am 
    Bloodsausage wrote:
    This is even worse than I've seen from any comments here. There's lots of speculation about the damage Parson could do on CC's side, but I don't think Charlie is interested in that at all. Don't forget about the comic page immediately before this. Charlescomm units are under orders to shoot Parson on sight when he steps through the portal. He's in serious trouble.

There's no reason to think those orders will stand now that Parson has changed to CC. I mean, it's vaguely possible, but the only time I would have considered it likely is if Parson stepped through the portal immediately after the negotiation with Charlie, before Charlie had a chance to update the archons' orders. But this delay will mean that Charlie should have no problem updating their orders.

Don't forget page 107. According to Charlie, Big Game rules have capturing Parson as top priority, and croaking only as a second priority. Very close second, but Charlie wants Parson alive, if he possibly can get him. I seriously doubt he's going to intentionally kill Parson now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:29 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    And now I see a winning move for Parson.

Take one of the guns and start blasting up GK people. He's CC now, so this is going to be a violation against CC. 5mm a pop. Do this until Charlie panics and shoots the tripods through the portal. That gives an excuse to turn back to GK. Mass Healamancy mass heals. Party in Jed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:33 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Mnemnosyne wrote:
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    I would not want to be decrypted any way you look at it. The Magic shouldn't last on Earth. It would be the death of me one way or the other. You would most likely turn to dust upon returning home. Plus, screw Wanda. I'm not into being subservient in a relationship like that.

Well, Ossomer turning, and Lilith ratting out Wanda to Parson proves that even being decrypted doesn't put you completely under Wanda's control. If anyone would be equipped to immediately tell Wanda to piss off right after being decrypted, it'd be Parson.

Doesn't negate my first point. Nor the whole "being shot in the back of the head and killed" issue. I wouldn't want to face death even once, but I would fight. I wouldn't have it any other way, but being shot in the back of the head and manipulated by a necromancer wouldn't be the way I would want to go. I would never leave Erfworld again in fear of a second pointless death that would come from going home. Screw that.

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:40 am 
    Now, after setting up GK with all bells and whistles, Parson discovers that Charlie was his true ally the entire time, and is forced to conquer the world with a bunch of archons and a single level 4 city! Yay!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:43 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Stanley isn't probably of stable mind right now. I half expect him to be furious and saddened by this event and ready to charge across the sea to find where the Magic Kingdom really resides just to find his lost lov- I mean Chief Warlord.

GET ME THE FANFIC WRITERS! ALL OF THEM!

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:50 am 
    This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Diamonds Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Spades Suit Pip
    Wow. :shock:

So now Marie has breached MK neutrality after all. But Decrypted Parson? *shudder*

Also I wonder: Does he love Charlie now, now that he's connected to him via the dish? Afaik we don't know yet how male CC units feel about him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:52 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    It's bittersweet that Parson is reminding Jack not to attack him for the sake of GK. Parson's still got some loyalty to his old side.

Wanda, wanda, wanda... she really jillianed this all up didn't she...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:53 am 
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    Mnemnosyne wrote:
    Thecommander236 wrote:

Doesn't negate my first point. Nor the whole "being shot in the back of the head and killed" issue. I wouldn't want to face death even once, but I would fight. I wouldn't have it any other way, but being shot in the back of the head and manipulated by a necromancer wouldn't be the way I would want to go. I would never leave Erfworld again in fear of a second pointless death that would come from going home. Screw that.

Yeah, I agree there, although I see no reason to worry about returning to earth, since Parson seems to have no particular desire to do so. In Parson's place, I still wouldn't want to be killed to be decrypted, especially since we have no way of testing whether it would even work on me. But if I was killed somehow, I would certainly want to be decrypted if it's possible.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:09 am 
    Mnemnosynh wrote:
    Yeah, I agree there, although I see no reason to worry about returning to earth, since Parson seems to have no particular desire to do so. In Parson's place, I still wouldn't want to be killed to be decrypted, especially since we have no way of testing whether it would even work on me. But if I was killed somehow, I would certainly want to be decrypted if it's possible.

Well let's be honest. Before I go all Honor Before Reason. I would rather be decrypted than stay died, but I'm sure that Parson would rather go home eventually to see his family. Especially if he had a sure fire way to get back and forth at will like Kagome from Inuyasha. A permanent arrangement can be set up, but that was a time travel contrivance with a fixed point in time between the eras, but not necessarily a fixed point in space as the solar system always moves and things speed up and slow down constantly due to gravity.

Silly magic, always fucking with Einstein.

What was I on about? Oh yes. If it was me personally, I would want to be able to go home eventually if possible. Unlike Parson, I actually know what I want to do with my life but a journey liken his would help me with my laziness problem.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I see it but I don't believe it.

Just waiting for the swerve here. This doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, I figured Parson would make the offer but it's still dumb. I can't see how it was his Duty or intelligent to make that offer for GK, and the situation with his loyalty is messed up.

Ooh, wait, swerve idea - go through portal as Charlescomm unit. Then turn back. Then get shot, earning money for GK. Then stagger back for healing.

That would make sense.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:20 am 
    Arky wrote:

Just waiting for the swerve here. This doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, I figured Parson would make the offer but it's still dumb. I can't see how it was his Duty or intelligent to make that offer for GK, and the situation with his loyalty is messed up.

Ooh, wait, swerve idea - go through portal as Charlescomm unit. Then turn back. Then get shot, earning money for GK. Then stagger back for healing.

That would make sense.

That's my idea too and might just win me my bet.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:28 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Erfmover Supporter
    Xarx wrote:
    I want to reiterate that Parson is looking fine in those duds. But the expression on his face worries me, especially in the last panel. Is he about to do something nasty to Marie? Surely she would see that coming... right? By her reaction, she didn't Predict him turning, though.

OTOH, I love Marie's expression in that panel. So badass.

ETA: I really hope he keeps the coat, at least, if he turns back.

Parson should totally keep this whole look regardless of whether he stays with Charlescom or not.

He's transformed from slob to practically Hollywood leading man.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:30 am 
    pearl jam wrote:
    Xarx wrote:
    I want to reiterate that Parson is looking fine in those duds. But the expression on his face worries me, especially in the last panel. Is he about to do something nasty to Marie? Surely she would see that coming... right? By her reaction, she didn't Predict him turning, though.

OTOH, I love Marie's expression in that panel. So badass.

ETA: I really hope he keeps the coat, at least, if he turns back.

Parson should totally keep this whole look regardless of whether he stays with Charlescom or not.

He's transformed from slob to practically Hollywood leading man.

He looks more like a made man for the Italian Mafia which is celebrity status of a sort. Maybe an old-timey detective, but Nay.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:34 am 
    DunkelMentat wrote:
    In the last update an Archon says "shoot on sight" and tells Lilith that they are expecting "her boss" to come through the portal. Charlie is on-dish and Parson is in his CC livery when she says it, so she should have received new orders to NOT shoot on sight. Unless what? What am I missing? Are they still planning on blasting his ass to pieces when he walks through?

No, Parson JUST turned to CC in that panel. The Archon wasn't yet aware that Parson had turned because he still hadn't. We can see this from the current page, as everyone is surprised at Parson's suddenly switching sides. So it's clear that, while the Archon was talking to Lilith, she finished speaking just as Parson finished parleying with Charlie.

The Archons were still expecting Parson to go through the portal even before that and were going to shoot him as soon as they saw him. Those were their orders. Shoot to incapacitate, probably, as Charlie told them getting Parson alive is preferred over getting him dead.

Arky wrote:

That would make sense.

Unlikely. Parson traded himself so that he wouldn't have to give up all the stuff Charlie was asking for initially. It's a bit crazy to think that Charlie wouldn't foresee Parson just immediately turning back (if that's even possible). Parson would probably automatically negate their negotiation by turning and force GK to give all that stuff to Charlie anyway while also dying/getting captured in the process of turning.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:44 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    oslecamo2 temp wrote:
    What's however more interesting is that the one holding the gun is a predictmancer. Is Marie's magic telling her that shooting Hamster is the best course of action at the moment? On the other hand, if her predictions were telling her "SHOOT HIM NAW!", she would've alreaddy pulled the trigger.

Definitely. I think she's trying to get some gains out of him before he goes, such as:

Lipkin wrote:
    I'm betting Parson goes through the portal, but Marie makes him leave the guns behind.

That, plus the bracer (hopefully).

EDIT: First time I've noticed the symbol on the gold triangle on Marie's hat. Looking at LIAB 37 it's a pretty distinctive shape (an Omega?). Has there been any speculation on what significance this might have?

Last edited by wih on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions