Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 115
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:03 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 115
     Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:08 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month
    Whatever happiness is, it certainly isn't waiting in extreme anticipation for three days. Or is it? Lillith's mission is complete and the tension is higher than ever!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:11 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Oh dear. Doesn't look good for the refilling of the treasury.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:14 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I'm guessing that that portal really does admit everything...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:16 am 
    So Charlie's portal may indeed work differently.

Parson had better act quickly. If Charlie has any sense, he will obviously go after GK's most important units, people they cannot afford to lose. The only loophole I can see in the contract is to "conquer" GK into an empire.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:17 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    On the one hand, it seems likely that Charlie will choose to claim Lilith. On the other, things are looking up for Lilith's survival. Seems like Charlie definitely has Carnied his portal to allow things other than casters through. I don't think Archons can pass through any portal, but I'm definitely starting to think they can go through CC's.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:25 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    ManaCaster wrote:
    If Charlie has any sense, he will obviously go after GK's most important units, people they cannot afford to lose.

This will no doubt put to test the ideas that
    A) Decrypted are without worth, and so could be exempt
    B) Wanda has worth beyond 500,000 schmuckers, and so cannot be claimed
    C) Stanley, as ruler, cannot be claimed (and may also be protected by an Arkentool attunement increase in value)
    D) Parson may be able to ignore attempts to claim him
    E) Any unit with great enough loyalty to GK or anti-Charlie sentiment may be able to turn back to GK immediately

Interestingly, Sizemore isn't covered by any of these.

What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:26 am 
    Charlie's chair looks familiar...

Doesn't it look a bit Dalek to any of you? Like Davros' chair thing?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:26 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    I hope Parson is faster at analyzing contract law than he is at analyzing guns.

I wonder if Charlie's claim will be open to negotiation. (...in Gobwin Knob's favor, that is.)

Lipkin wrote:
    On the one hand, it seems likely that Charlie will choose to claim Lilith. On the other, things are looking up for Lilith's survival.

Indeed. If that happens, I'm crossing my fingers for her to pull an Ossomer and break away again.

Come to think of it, we've never seen a feral Archon, have we? Could be quite the phenomenon.

Also, little chubby lady locking and loading ftw.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:28 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    I guess the Monday update will probably tell us how claims work. It's interesting that Jack said that Charlie would present a claim, instead of just claiming units. Perhaps that means that GK will have a chance to review his claim and counter-offer it?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:29 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    SOooo Wanda? She's the one I'd claim. Provoking counter offers is good.

Is Parson playing stupid as a literary device to explain the contract?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:32 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    And how many of you were clicking refresh immediately after midnight just to get the update early?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:35 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    "On time" isn't early. ;)

And yeah this is a real pickle. Kinda surprised Jack had assumed Parson knew what would happen with the contract. Considering that he's literally an alien from another universe and that he knows nothing else about Erfworld except what he's been told. C'mon Jack. Step up your game. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:36 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Vorteks wrote:
    I guess the Monday update will probably tell us how claims work. It's interesting that Jack said that Charlie would present a claim, instead of just claiming units. Perhaps that means that GK will have a chance to review his claim and counter-offer it?

If unit transfer works the same way for Charlescomm as it does for GK (and that's a BIG if), review of the claim makes sense. Even with a massive buffer in his treasury, there is no WAY Charlie would want to leave open the possibility that GK could immediately claim his Fox Force Fivers after, say, an accidental spraying of bullets into a mass of GK infantry. That would be instant regicide & game over due to not thinking ahead.

What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:36 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip
    Well. Now they have a quick way to test if Archons count as casters. Decrypt the one they have. Veil her as Parson. And send her through. MK might get nuked though with those standing orders.

Ah, but the claim must go through. The plot demands it!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:38 am 
    This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well, I guess we know what material harm is now. Numbers. There's always a balance. So, I'd imagine that, judging by that, the All Weather Rain-ments do not cost money to make. Hence why destroying them didn't break the contract.

Jacior wrote:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:39 am 
    sheepfly wrote:
    Interestingly, Sizemore isn't covered by any of these.

And he's also the best way to get GK out of its current financial situation. If they were to lose him, performing a Dirtamancy/Flower Power or Moneymancy caster link would become much more difficult.

DLcygnet wrote:
    Well. Now they have a quick way to test if Archons count as casters. Decrypt the one they have. Veil her as Parson. And send her through. MK might get nuked though with those standing orders.

Still too many variables to isolate.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:40 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    And so begins a weekend full of speculating what the claim presented will be.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:41 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Lipkin wrote:
    On the one hand, it seems likely that Charlie will choose to claim Lilith. On the other, things are looking up for Lilith's survival. Seems like Charlie definitely has Carnied his portal to allow things other than casters through. I don't think Archons can pass through any portal, but I'm definitely starting to think they can go through CC's.

I wonder if that dome/airlock around the portal has something to do with it. It could act as some sort of blocker. But yes, first the golem , and now this. More can go through Charlies portal then can go through other portals.

I am surprised that we actually got an update from Charlies point of view. I thought that would be something that would never happen. It is interesting now that it has.

And Lilith has seen Charlie. And if Charlie claims Lilith, which he might, then it is possible that she becomes one of the FFF'ers. It would make an interesting storyline. GK would then need to face Liltih before they face Charlie, and we as readers could slowly learn more about Charerlescom and Charlie as Lilith learns more.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:42 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    It's a good thing it doesn't sound like Charlie gets to pick whatever he wanted without Parson getting a say. Otherwise he picks Artemis and the rest of the Decrypted guard, and immediately assassinates Parson.

If he picked Wanda, I don't know what would stop her from joining CC< and then immediately turning barbarian.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions