Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 97
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:03 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 97
     Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:08 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So I'm guessing the deal she's about to listen to is going to involve a lot of pew pew pew and getting croaked. :(

Man, people complain about Jillian, but Wanda is far worse by far.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:09 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Start the countdown timer on Lilith's life.

Hopefully Maggie can work with Jack to provide enough intel about the insides of Charlescomm and what Charlie looks like to be of use to Parson. And Wanda better have a REALLY good excuse for this one. Although it would be nice if she could remote Decrypt through Lilith and start the chain reaction she just did with the mindscape battle. Thin out Charlie's collection of Archons and get a few dozen back for GK on the way out the door. Remote Decryption might actually be more OP than unlimited thinkamancy.

Last edited by bladestorm on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:10 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Charlie got away. Maggie and Wanda are no longer in control. Lilith is alone inside Charlescomm HQ, with a gun, surrounded by enemies, and is very pissed off.

Let's rock.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:13 am 
    ScottishMongol wrote:
    Charlie got away. Maggie and Wanda are no longer in control. Lilith is alone inside Charlescomm HQ, with a gun, surrounded by enemies, and is very pissed off.

Let's rock.

Yeah, what's the penalty clause for breaking the non-aggression pact or having an unit too close to a city again?

This looks to be going south pretty fast.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:14 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip
    3 minutes after midnight? I think somebody likes the buffer. Oy, totally cheated out of a glimpse of Charlie. What are we thinking? Pre-regenerated Lord Voldemort? And wow, I'm hoping for a Maggie/Wanda rematch now. Funny to see Misty's murderer portrayed as an angel... And unable to overwhelm Wanda.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:16 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Apparently the Thinkamancer isn't the only one who can break links?
    I wonder if she suffered a backlash from that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:17 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    Wow... I hope that didn't wreck anybody's brain. We've already got plenty of collateral damage to reputations.

It looks like Lilith is now a captive audience to Charlie. That's gotta be a top five for worst situations in proximity to that guy. What I don't get is what Lilith is so angry about. If Wanda forbade Lilith from shooting, and if Lilith obeyed her Mistress, then isn't it bass-ackwards for her to be chasing after Charlie in the last couple panels?

When the dust settles, I just want to Parson to order Wanda to tell him every fated thing that might cause her to scupper his battle plan. I don't care if this turns out to be "the hard way," because the current situation is pretty much the opposite of trust.

Lovely artwork, of course, especially the melee fight and the angel throw. It's some kind of peculiar for a devil to cast an angel out of a person whose name has non-exalted connotations.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:19 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Pretty intense update. I guess Charlie and/or his Archon noticed Lilith wasn't exactly in the right mental state to stop them, even if the weapon was aimed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:32 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip
    Cue eyebook in 3... 2... 1....

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:35 am 
    This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Oh man, I wonder how this is going to affect things back at Gobwin Knob?

Parson: WHAT THE BOOP DID YOU DO?
    Wanda: What I had to do.
    Parson: DON'T GIVE ME THAT!
    Maggie: uuuuugh...
    Wanda: He was not Fated to croak. I could have-
    Parson: COULD HAVE? THERE'S A LOT OF THINGS YOU COULD HAVE DONE!
    Stanley: Hey, guys could you keep it down? You're harshing my party!
    Parson: *beat*
    Stanley: *grins*

Jacior wrote:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:37 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Is that Lilith in the last couple panels, or is Wanda in complete control of here at that time?

I have a feeling Maggie is going to comatose for a while. Being thrown out of a link is never good.

I have a suspicion that Wanda is going to be negotiating something with Charlie now.

And no one is going to be available to tell Parson what really happened, so the Tool is going to blame this whole mess on Parson.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:43 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I love the juxtaposition of seeing the back of Maggie falling as an angel and see the back of her falling at the capital... love that in the two panels her falling position is NOT a perfectly exact match... instead of an easier "copy and paste job" it's two very unique and distinct images... especially with the viewing angle we're seeing being nearly the same. It also accentuates a tiny nuance of time happening between those two panels.

With Lilith repatriated, if the contract is not null and void, she may be able to walk right out of there. Check out the legalese in the contract about units in the vicinity of another side. Though I don't know what loophole would keep the contract intact since she zapped one Archon and then shot another... maybe some sort of edge triggering or sync issue where her upkeep as a prisoner allowed her to defend herself as she was technically a Charlescommian at the time but the next action would have become "her turn" as it would have been a purely offensive action to cap Charlie.

Maybe Wanda was thinking about "keeping the bank intact" when she stopped Lilith with duty.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:49 am 
    Parson's been getting pretty frustrated with Wanda. She will probably get punished for this, especially if she tries explaining it with Fate, whether or not her reason is valid.

So how is Lilith going to get out of this one? The skies are protected by anti-air artillery, and I dunno if her Fate is strong enough to Carny her way through Charlescomm's portal.

Soval wrote:
    Man, people complain about Jillian, but Wanda is far worse by far.

If by worse you mean ruthless and evil, then yes. That isn't the main cause for complaints though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:54 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    In the panel where Maggie is falling in real space, Wanda is raising her veil. Maggie was the reason she was able to be linked with Lilith, so once the link was broken, she left her trance. This means that Lilith really wanted to croak Charlie.

I totally called that Maggie wasn't making it out of Lilith's head without being hurt. Just didn't think it would be a direct result of Wanda.

Man, Wanda needs a demotion real bad. She may control the decrypted, but she shouldn't be in command. If Maggie had been Chief Caster, she would have been able to order Wanda. Then again, Wanda's flaw is that she thinks she is always right, so she probably wouldn't have obeyed anyway.

Still, assuming Maggie ends up ok, she should really be made chief. Parson needs someone who trusts his judgement.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:10 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Lipkin wrote:
    Still, assuming Maggie ends up ok, she should really be made chief. Parson needs someone who trusts his judgement.

I think it is in fact Sizemore who needs to be Chief Caster, as he's the one with the motive that most closely aligns to Parson's - and he's the one caster GK has who has no obligations to anyone other than his side.

Maggie - Great Minds
    Wanda - Fate
    Jack and Ace - Wanda

He's also I think close to Master-class? And we've had no indication that Maggie is close.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:29 am 
    Radagast wrote:
    I think it is in fact Sizemore who needs to be Chief Caster, as he's the one with the motive that most closely aligns to Parson's - and he's the one caster GK has who has no obligations to anyone other than his side.

Sizemore is suffering from angst specifically because he hates croaking and would be unable to lead. He's been growing increasingly withdrawn, and has been avoiding everyone and everything else.

As to Maggie, she already settled her loyalties to Parson over the GMs.

Radagast wrote:
    He's also I think close to Master-class? And we've had no indication that Maggie is close.

I'm pretty sure the comic has never stated whether or not chief casters provide any kind of bonus. It probably would have come up by now, so I would guess not. Master-class is probably irrelevant. The only thing that matters is their capacity to lead their fellow casters.

I would agree that that job should not belong to Wanda. She certainly has the necessary skills, but thanks to her psychological problems, she is unable to use them adequately.

Last edited by ManaCaster on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:31 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Wanda destroys every side she is on; all while becoming one of the most powerful casters ever. She needs to join Charlie. Gobwin Knob will tank (all its cities falling to Charlescomm through the decrypted) and Charlescomm will become even more powerful, but then Charlie will fall because of Wanda.

Ever since Wanda attuned to the pliers, I felt she would overcome or split from GK. Each comic makes me feel it is more and more inevitable. She can't be trusted. She doesn't act on what is best for her side. Her loyalty is to her interpretation of fate.

I didn't mind the old art, but this new stuff is amazing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:34 am 
    Suitesned wrote:
    She needs to join Charlie. Gobwin Knob will tank (all its cities falling to Charlescomm through the decrypted) and Charlescomm will become even more powerful, but then Charlie will fall because of Wanda.

Charlie would be aware of that. He doesn't use any commanders at all. If they were to work together, he would keep her at arm's length and use her as a proxy.

Also, when Parson said he is fated to croak Charlie, Wanda didn't disagree with him. It is possible she could become an enemy, but I doubt she would side with Charlie.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:00 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    ManaCaster wrote:
    Suitesned wrote:
    She needs to join Charlie. Gobwin Knob will tank (all its cities falling to Charlescomm through the decrypted) and Charlescomm will become even more powerful, but then Charlie will fall because of Wanda.

Charlie would be aware of that. He doesn't use any commanders at all. If they were to work together, he would keep her at arm's length and use her as a proxy.

Also, when Parson said he is fated to croak Charlie, Wanda didn't disagree with him. It is possible she could become an enemy, but I doubt she would side with Charlie.

I'm thinking more of natural allies rather than a commander, like Verp. But I agree she would be kept at a distance. Charlie's ability to combat fate may be intriguing to her. And she feels fated to bring the archentools together. Joining Charlie and stomping Stanley could be a solution. She wouldn't be loyal to Charlie though, knowing Parson is fated to end him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions