Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 100
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 pm 
I suppose this gives Parson more reason to show up in person to negotiate an alliance with King Tramennis. Hopefully negotiations won't take more time than Maggie has left.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:16 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    cloudbreaker wrote:
    Here is my Predictamancy on what happens with Wanda and Maggie.

After the Lilith situation is no longer an immediate threat, Parson focuses on how to get Maggie healed. Contact is made with Ansom. (Either through an eyebook Ansom was given, or their one set of magic hats they got from the RCCI, or new hats made by Cubbins, or maybe even at the Jetstone portal directly. It doesn't really matter how.) At any rate, they rush Maggie over to Jetstone to get healed.

Unfortunately, after they arrive, Charlescomm ends turn and Maggie croaks before she is healed. Parson is furious at Wanda and finally wants justice for all the troubles she causes their side. He gets Jetstone's Dittomancer to copy Wanda. The copy uses the 'pliers on Maggie to make sure they will work in the hands of a dupe, then he orders the dupe to croak the original Wanda and decrypt her.

What's more perfect justice than Wanda having to do to herself what she has done to so many others? And on the plus side, both Wanda and Maggie are no longer bound to secrecy by the deal of a lifetime or the great minds. A benefit Parson would know about from Jack's decryption.

If this is a serious prediction, I will offer you 100q to your 2q, against that even being mostly true.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:29 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Bah. I have no way to prove it, but it seems I got to my idea about Wanda being duplicated then croaked and decrypted a bit late. :lol:

Anyway, GK does not need Jetstone's help to heal Maggie. They probably still have a Healomancy scroll or two. Or if Stanley is close enough, he can transport an ex-Altruist elf to the capital.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:11 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    drachefly wrote:
    cloudbreaker wrote:
    Here is my Predictamancy on what happens with Wanda and Maggie.

After the Lilith situation is no longer an immediate threat, Parson focuses on how to get Maggie healed. Contact is made with Ansom. (Either through an eyebook Ansom was given, or their one set of magic hats they got from the RCCI, or new hats made by Cubbins, or maybe even at the Jetstone portal directly. It doesn't really matter how.) At any rate, they rush Maggie over to Jetstone to get healed.

Unfortunately, after they arrive, Charlescomm ends turn and Maggie croaks before she is healed. Parson is furious at Wanda and finally wants justice for all the troubles she causes their side. He gets Jetstone's Dittomancer to copy Wanda. The copy uses the 'pliers on Maggie to make sure they will work in the hands of a dupe, then he orders the dupe to croak the original Wanda and decrypt her.

What's more perfect justice than Wanda having to do to herself what she has done to so many others? And on the plus side, both Wanda and Maggie are no longer bound to secrecy by the deal of a lifetime or the great minds. A benefit Parson would know about from Jack's decryption.

If this is a serious prediction, I will offer you 100q to your 2q, against that even being mostly true.

Sure, why not. It's a bet.

Polvane the eraser wrote:
    Bah. I have no way to prove it, but it seems I got to my idea about Wanda being duplicated then croaked and decrypted a bit late. :lol:

Anyway, GK does not need Jetstone's help to heal Maggie. They probably still have a Healomancy scroll or two. Or if Stanley is close enough, he can transport an ex-Altruist elf to the capital.

Transporting an elf would be ideal, but it is currently Charlie's turn, and Maggie will croak if she isn't healed by the end of Charlie's turn. (Assuming her incapacitation works the same way as Wanda's in book one.) They may or may not have a scroll available, but we know from book two that they were in short supply and difficult to get. And that was before GK invaded the magic kingdom. They are probably even more difficult to obtain now. Which is one of the main reasons I figured Jetstone would be their likely source of Healomancy at the moment. Jetstone already wants parson to come to their capital for negotiations so all he has to say is, "Sure I'll come over, on the condition that you provide a couple of magical services for me this turn."

It will certainly be interesting to see what actually happens though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:17 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    cloudbreaker wrote:
    They may or may not have a scroll available, but we know from book two that they were in short supply and difficult to get.

I believe they have at least one more scroll available. Wanda and Jack each carried a Healomancy scroll when they harvested their dwagon mounts at the Battle of Spacerock. Only Jack's was used, to heal Wanda.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:31 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Wanda: snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. :(

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:41 pm 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Delecon wrote:
    Wanda: snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. :(

I'm still of the opinion that the best course of action for the side is to croak Wanda before she boops boop up worse than she's already booped boop up. She's a boop-booping machine for whichever side she's part of.

If she's allowed to continue her boop-wrecking spree, it's only a matter of time before GK falls. Parson's supposed brilliance (and all I'm seeing from Parson is poor decisions lately) can't be enough to save them from the sheer force of boop booping boopery that Wanda manages to unleash at every chance she gets.

If boop exists and can be booped, that woman will boop that boop right the boop up. No matter whose booping boop that causes to go south.

My Hamstards

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 pm 
    Well this is going badly. Stanley is NOT going to want to take orders from Parson, even though for the side to survive he needs to. Tension rising...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:14 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    totalnerduk wrote:
    I'm still of the opinion that the best course of action for the side is to croak Wanda before she boops boop up worse than she's already booped boop up. She's a boop-booping machine for whichever side she's part of.

Fate might not like that. It would probably be better to confine Wanda to quarters, revoke her Chief Caster status, arrange for a Healomancer linkup to fix what's wrong with her head (she still isn't over her heroine addiction), and have a Date-a-mancer give her a bunch of counseling sessions.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:27 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Stanley's reply: "NO Hamster! You got us into this mess, YOU get us out! And I better get my treasury back after this."

Or maybe, "Okay, I can handle this. Now me and the Knights have a reason to rock hard all over Charlescomm. I am about half a turn away from Charlescomm territory anyway, and my Knights need something new to mosh. HEY GUYS! CHARLIE"S GOT A GIANT MAGNET! LET'S TEAR HIM APART AND FIND OUT HOW IT WORKS"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:02 pm 
    I think the Tool is going to surprise everyone and reserve his anger not for his own loyal units, but Wanda and the decrypted. He has been pretty sour at Wanda for a while now, always been frugal with the treasury, and even making good useful choices recently.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:12 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    If somehow GK manages to get out of this (and simple disbanding seems too anticlimactic to actually work), I hope that Stanley would order Wanda to tell what happened. Whether she disregards his order and rebels, or tells the truth, she is booped, and Tool's anger would be redirected from Parson on her. I can see only benefit to GK from this.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:54 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    bladestorm wrote:
    Stanley's reply: "NO Hamster! You got us into this mess, YOU get us out! And I better get my treasury back after this."

There wouldn't be any point in calling it an order if Stanley could refuse it ;P

While I can't wait to see how they deal with Wanda after this, I'm way more curious as to the "why". She made that choice at about the same moment she saw Charlie in person, and I think that's an important piece of the puzzle here. I mean, if it just turns out to be more fate BS, then screw her. But I actually think she might have a fairly convincing reason for her actions, that may throw a wrench in everything.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:59 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Would Stanley even be able to disban decrypted units?

I don't think we've seen an example of that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:03 pm 
    In my opinion is case of "dumb and dumber"... obvious also some potential to also win... Lilith may be able to put charlie in a position where he needs to harm her, and she can transfer valuable intel on Charlie though wanda.

Parson has bracer and ability to supposedly think outside the box and all sorts of options are not even being considered yet. Eg run calcs on all sorts of stuff from the Maggie+Wanda+Lilith linkup to go after Charlie to a repeat with Isaac or similar in place of Maggie. Learning about Charlie, and a chance for half of Charlie's treasury has to be worth something.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Nightseraph wrote:
    Why does everyone think a unit can go barbarian in a city? No evidence of it at all.
    There is very little evidence that a non heir can go barbarian at all, except by direct order of a ruler sending them into the magic kingdom at sides fall. We know units do turn while claiming capital sites but that seems like it to me.
    The practical solution, when they have literally seconds is to disband lilith. Its either that or Jack needs to be sprinting into the magic kingdom for scrolls.

Because what else is the loyalty stat for, besides the random chance a unit'll go Barbarian each turn.
    Polvane the eraser wrote:

Gobwin Knob doesn't have any healing scrolls, Wanda does. And she doesn't like to share them, ever.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:59 am 
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Nightseraph wrote:
    Why does everyone think a unit can go barbarian in a city? No evidence of it at all.
    There is very little evidence that a non heir can go barbarian at all, except by direct order of a ruler sending them into the magic kingdom at sides fall. We know units do turn while claiming capital sites but that seems like it to me.
    The practical solution, when they have literally seconds is to disband lilith. Its either that or Jack needs to be sprinting into the magic kingdom for scrolls.

Because what else is the loyalty stat for, besides the random chance a unit'll go Barbarian each turn.

Yes, units with low loyalty are more likely to choose to turn without Duty or ruler permission, but I'm pretty sure it isn't based on a random chance per turn. It's a hidden stat measurable only by Date-a-mancers who deal with intangible things, and Maggie has described it as complex. I imagine it's only a little bit simpler than the Stupidworld version.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:57 am 
    multilis wrote:
    Parson has bracer and ability to supposedly think outside the box and all sorts of options are not even being considered yet.

Between the moment he learned his treasury was being cut and the current moment, he has been either gathering information or listing options. He realises that the next time Lilith shoots another archon, they lose a city. For all he knows, it could be the city he's standing in!

It really doesn't make sense to complain about options he hasn't considered. He has literally no way of knowing how many seconds there are until the current disaster gets worse, and he's come up with a way of ending the problem. In that situation, you can't sit around working out calculations on the bracer to see if there's a "best possible" solution. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:55 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user posted the comment of the month
    One interesting thing aside, we figured out right now that "400,000" smuckers is "a city" that parson is worried they'll lose. Not "a few", and certainly not thinking about the fear that 'he' will be converted. Just a singular city for 400k smuckers, which gives us an idea of the worth of erfworld cities on the whole.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:18 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    The money chastity belt got me. Talk about a money shot. Bzzz-zing. I will not apologize.

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions