Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 100
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:39 am 
E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
AOL: wolfclawxx
I'm of the camp that it can't be THIS easy to stop the Archon-shaped money/assets hemorrhaging problem, but surely Stanley would trust Parson's judgement? Especially since with the treasury emptied, he won't be able to pay for the Juggle's upkeep.

Eyebooks are vulnerable to Charlie, though, who may or may not be hooked back up to the Arkendish. Hmmm.

Sixty wrote:
Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:43 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    Hopefully Parson's message gets to Stanley uninterrupted and Stanley acts on it. We know Charlie has the ability to mess with the eyebooks, and he probably wants to hurt Gobwin Knob. He might not let the message gets through.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:49 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    One amusing thing is that Stanley is afield, and we don't even know if he has an eyebook with him. With Maggie out of the picture for now, there may well be no way to get in touch with him. So Stanley is out in the field right now, freaking out because his treasury is gone and all of a sudden he's got an archon on the board in Charlescomm and he has no idea what the deal is with it.

While disbanding Lilith would be a certain way of stopping the bleeding, in this case Stanley is dealing with his grandmaster 'I have a ridiculous plan that breaks the rules' Lord Hamster. He may well kick back and see how it plays out assuming his chief warlord has something in mind, only to realize too late that things are not going according to plan. - Of course, that's assuming he can even disband decrypted. Can rulers disband uncroaked? While they're certainly not the same, it may have a precedent.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:51 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    victor227 wrote:
    One amusing thing is that Stanley is afield, and we don't even know if he has an eyebook with him. With Maggie out of the picture for now, there may well be no way to get in touch with him. So Stanley is out in the field right now, freaking out because his treasury is gone and all of a sudden he's got an archon on the board in Charlescomm and he has no idea what the deal is with it.

While disbanding Lilith would be a certain way of stopping the bleeding, in this case Stanley is dealing with his grandmaster 'I have a ridiculous plan that breaks the rules' Lord Hamster. He may well kick back and see how it plays out assuming his chief warlord has something in mind, only to realize too late that things are not going according to plan. - Of course, that's assuming he can even disband decrypted. Can rulers disband uncroaked? While they're certainly not the same, it may have a precedent.
    Stanley's got his Eyebook right there in the last panel, and it's playing Parson's sound effect, indicating that Parson has contacted him.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:51 am 
    Lipkin wrote:
    What would happen if Wanda went Barbarian right now? Are the decrypted bound to her? Because if she went barbarian, and so did the decrypted, Lilith wouldn't be a GK unit and she could croak whoever she wanted.

Their loyalty is to Wanda, and she does have a magical connection to them, but they otherwise seem count as regular units of GK. I mean, I'm sure the vast majority of them would follow her even against Stanley's orders if asked, but I doubt it would be automatic.

victor227 wrote:
    One amusing thing is that Stanley is afield, and we don't even know if he has an eyebook with him.

The last panel of this comic would suggest that he does.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Windscion wrote:
    Can someone explain the magnets?

LOL.

Magnets, how do they work?

Google that shit. It does not disappoint.

Last edited by wraith203 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:54 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Shiny Red Star
    Yeah, I'm thinking Stanley questions it and Parson learns about Ruler abilities today. We know Rulers can issue orders with some kind of Natural Thinkamancy or something, but that page was Stanley's mental perspective. So Lilith will get told to stand down after all that character buildup, or maybe Charlie will see the Eyebook conversation and offer a deal for transferring Lilith to him for further study, just to twist the knife a bit for the readers.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:01 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    ManaCaster wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    What would happen if Wanda went Barbarian right now? Are the decrypted bound to her? Because if she went barbarian, and so did the decrypted, Lilith wouldn't be a GK unit and she could croak whoever she wanted.

Their loyalty is to Wanda, and she does have a magical connection to them, but they otherwise seem count as regular units of GK. I mean, I'm sure the vast majority of them would follow her even against Stanley's orders if asked, but I doubt it would be automatic.

I wonder if Lilith could turn to Wanda at a distance is Stanley ordered it. Presumably yes, since automagical transfer of units is a thing.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:03 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Overall I really like the new inking & painting, but Jack seems awfully...gaunt with those additional lines on his face. It makes him look so much older.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:11 am 
    Lipkin wrote:
    victor227 wrote:

Stanley's got his Eyebook right there in the last panel, and it's playing Parson's sound effect, indicating that Parson has contacted him.

Yeah, that was my mistake. I actually was posting about the last page, didn't know that the new one was up. Whoops! That's what I get for not refreshing and being generally tired. When I looked at it, I was all "Well that answers that question." As it seems Stanley is both in-touch, and apparently capable of disbanding.

Last edited by victor227 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:13 am 
    niklinna wrote:
    Overall I really like the new inking & painting, but Jack seems awfully...gaunt with those additional lines on his face. It makes him look so much older.

Jack's looking older, Maggie's looking younger. Could be the new team, could be signamancy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:15 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    Suitesned wrote:
    Will Wanda allow for this unit she fought for to just be disbanded? Is there a way for her units to suddenly not be units of gobwin knob? I really wonder what that woman is thinking and how she even feels about this situation.

I don't believe for a second that Wanda's "I can do nothing" means that she physically can't, I think it means that she won't. We already know that she considers her true loyalty to be to Fate magic rather than to Stanley, and it's pretty clear now (if it wasn't before) she's willing to throw GK under the bus rather than compromise.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:18 am 
    EarwaxRock wrote:
    Suitesned wrote:
    Will Wanda allow for this unit she fought for to just be disbanded? Is there a way for her units to suddenly not be units of gobwin knob? I really wonder what that woman is thinking and how she even feels about this situation.

I don't believe for a second that Wanda's "I can do nothing" means that she physically can't, I think it means that she won't. We already know that she considers her true loyalty to be to Fate magic rather than to Stanley, and it's pretty clear now (if it wasn't before) she's willing to throw GK under the bus rather than compromise.

At the same time, back in Book 1 she had a duty to Stanley. She was going to bail on the final battle of Gobwin Knob to bring her uncroaked airforce to his aid. It took Parson's deal with Charlie to stop her.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:21 am 
    I'm thinking now's a good time for Charlie to step up his eyebook-fuckery and outright alter Parson's messages before they arrive to Stanley, and vice versa. Seems like the kind of card he would have up his sleeve, and a good time to play it

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:22 am 
    Fcannon wrote:
    I'm thinking now's a good time for Charlie to step up his eyebook-fuckery and outright alter Parson's messages before they arrive to Stanley, and vice versa. Seems like the kind of card he would have up his sleeve, and a good time to play it

Assuming Charlie is in any condition to do so, that would be absolutely amazingly well-played. I agree wholeheartedly.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:08 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I'm noticing Wanda is looking a little red skinned. I'm not sure if it's just a coloring error, or done on purpose, or maybe I'm just going crazy.

And I'm still confused how Lilith was even able to be held captive by Charlescomm under the truce, yet Gobwin Knob is still getting penalized for her actions. How is the truce affected by her but not offering her any protection herself? I'm hoping there will be clarification on that eventually.

Anyway, lovely art and story as always :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:16 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip
    I really like the size disparity in the fourth panel between Wanda and Parson. It used to be that I'd forget just how huge Parson was supposed to be compared to the other characters.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:32 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Jade wrote:
    And I'm still confused how Lilith was even able to be held captive by Charlescomm under the truce, yet Gobwin Knob is still getting penalized for her actions. How is the truce affected by her but not offering her any protection herself? I'm hoping there will be clarification on that eventually.

Lilith was taken prisoner by Jetstone, not Charlescomm. A prisoner transfer does not materially affect GK (since the unit is still a prisoner and therefore unavailable to the side no matter who holds it), so doesn't fall under the truce. Actions taken against a prisoner are not actions against the original side because prisoners are in a weird state where they don't fully belong to their side.

When Lilith was repatriated by Waggie, she became a full member of the side again and therefore subject to the truce. If they'd only broken her bonds without using Arken-magic to do a full repatriation, then Lilith would have been a fugitive and might not have actually been covered by the truce, since fugitives form their own pseudo-side.

Regarding natural Thinkamancy from the Tool; what we don't know is how fine-grained it is. It can be used to move units between hexes, but I don't think it will be enough to prevent an unled unit auto-engaging hostiles in the same hex (if it was, unled units auto-attacking wouldn't be a thing; it would just need the Ruler to prevent it from happening).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:05 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The last panel is the highlight of this page, the only bright spot without Wanda. Magnets!

Kire wrote:
    FIRST :p

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Clubs Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    This page either shows Wanda disobeying a direct order,
    or
    That she is actually limited to perceiving through the Archons and not able to actually communicate with them nor puppeteer them. Meaning that Lillith actually brokered the prisoner deal at Jetstone on her own initiative.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions