Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 80
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:25 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 80
     Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:31 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Oh God. No.

No fuel for the Maggie + Parson thing.

No no no no no.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:41 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Arkenhammer Supporter
    HOW DOES CARNYMANCY WORK.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:42 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Arkenhammer Supporter
    OneHugeTuck wrote:
    Oh God. No.

No fuel for the Maggie + Parson thing.

No no no no no.

I believe this is (or should be called) MagPie. Ship it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:44 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Ooh, a deft little dodge on the Parson/Janis front... "Oh, I didn't mean that... yet. *WINK*"

And Maggie looks so... sad? Uncomfortable?.. out of place in the last panel. Aww...

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:46 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip
    Well, I got rather seriously wrong-footed there. So relieved Janis wasn't pulling an Olive, tho.

Still, the implications are far from straightforward. Just because Maggie likes-likes Parson doesn't mean he can make a stack-of-two with her. There are morale issues as well as moral issues. Love only ever makes things more complicated.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:49 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    ShaneTheBrain wrote:
    I believe this is (or should be called) MagPie. Ship it.

I'm partial to Mason, myself. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:51 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Magotti

Or Lord HamMag.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:53 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Bait and switch. Again.

So... date-a-mancers are more like pheromone-hormonemancers? If we're going through earth analogies.

3 - Don't calculate statistics and game. Therein lies madness.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:53 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I would have really liked to see parson and janis hook up. They can both see that he's not into maggie. Nevermind that as a dateamancer, janis totally knows sizemore's got it bad for her. So this is the erf soaps huh?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:55 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip
    ShaneTheBrain wrote:
    HOW DOES CARNYMANCY WORK.

Apparently it works by drawing out the suspense to make the final reveal more dramatic.
    (Or else the writer hasn't come up with an answer and is stalling.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:58 pm 
    At least it's official that Maggie has a serious crush on Parson.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:00 am 
    I'd say we actually know a pretty decent amount about carnymancy. It's the magic of rigging the game, and in this particular game that involves fate, as fate is ultimately the greatest game-rigger around.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    SandroTheMaster wrote:
    Bait and switch. Again.

So... date-a-mancers are more like pheromone-hormonemancers? If we're going through earth analogies.

I still say empath. Counselor Troi style.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Interesting... Erfworld may not have hit the million(s) threshold. What a thought. For a world that pops people whole, you would think that they hit it a long, long time ago, but they haven't.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that Janis didn't want Parson like that, but I didn't expect Janis to ask for his history like that. I figured it would be a lesson about people's love for him. Like Maggie if she really IS interested. (Happens later in the update). Glad Ashna got named-dropped though.

AND SOMEONE OWES ME MONEY BABY! WOOOOO! MAGGIE CRUSH CONFIRMATION!

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:49 am 
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    Interesting... Erfworld may not have hit the million(s) threshold. What a thought. For a world that pops people whole, you would think that they hit it a long, long time ago, but they haven't.

From DigDoug, we know there are over 200 sides in Erfworld. And it looks like a typical side has a few thousand. So it probably isn't going to go much higher than a million if that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:54 am 
    Snerk.

Janis misheard. She thought Parson wanted to know about CARNALmancy. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:56 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Clubs Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Spades Suit Pip
    ManaCaster wrote:
    Thecommander236 wrote:

From DigDoug, we know there are over 200 sides in Erfworld. And it looks like a typical side has a few thousand. So it probably isn't going to go much higher than a million if that.
    Additionally, Erfworld is (excepting the MK and bubble kingdoms like Old Faq) in a permanent state of worldwide war, and unit upkeep is a thing. Most units aren't popped to build up, but rather to replace the fallen.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:57 am 
    Parson do not sink the ship.

I never thought about it, but I wonder what casters would sense in other worlds. Like, would their senses work at all?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:59 am 
    I don't think it's empathic, it's more seeing the connections between individuals at a fundamental level. They probably can't tell the emotions behind the connections exactly, but can instead work off of inference based on the strength and flavor of it.

Huh, just thought of something. Would a master class date-a-mancer be able to detect whom among the Great Minds is the rat by examining their connections to the group?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions