Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 40
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:20 am 
this prince... is going to be the end of Faq for sure. Especially with how trusting Jillian's going to be knowing that he can fly. He'll take advantage so easy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:39 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Lipkin wrote:
    Well, he definitely takes after Vinnie. Wonder if he'll end up being a Quisling, and side with Caesar if and when the attack comes.

That one was pretty good.

This is strategy. First...you have a goal. Then, you list objectives in support of that goal, in order of importance. Then, you weigh the costs and accomplish the most you can, however you can. Without even fighting, if possible!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:21 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I notice that the first unit Albert noticed besides himself was Vanna. Being popped horny must be a terrible curse. It's kind of a pity this one is hetero.

I like that he keeps thinking (or perhaps doing): "He'd allow it." It's a very Royal attitude, but not one Jillian herself seems to espouse.

I suspect that for all Jillian being older and his mom, Albert has a more domineering nature than her.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:27 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Polvane the eraser wrote:
    I notice that the first unit Albert noticed besides himself was Vanna. Being popped horny must be a terrible curse. It's kind of a pity this one is hetero.

Clearly you've never heard the phrase "It's good to be the King." It's even gooder in Erfworld.

Kings get all the tail they want. Even moreso in Erfworld.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:27 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Huh. Yeah. There's no way this will come back and bite Jillian in the ass.

I think I understand what Don was trying to say. If you intend to have a child that exists only as a weapon, you are doing you both a disservice. I really don't think things are going to go well for Jillian, since she's not even really an adult herself. Yeah, she's a grown ass woman, but she is treating Don as a surrogate father, rebelling against everything, even herself, and is still in the fully deflective stage of life.

She's still just an angry teen. And when angry teens have kids of their own, they end up screwed up. I just hope Albert comes out of this okay. ...Jillian I hope gets screwed over Royally. Heh.

And the intro picture of Albert is VERY nice. It's very Book 1-ish. Kudos!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:34 am 
    It's a bit too early to tell, but I think I might like this Albert fellow. Here's to hoping he takes Vinnie's brain and personality to go with his mother's bullheadedness.

I can totally see him turning things upside down. Not much a level 1 Prince can do on the battlefield, but I'm hoping he outmanoeuvres both Jillian and Caesar.

Also, I want some Father/son bonding time, regardless of how the whole paternity thing actually works in Erf. And look, Vinny is grinning!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jillian got exactly what she wanted, but is he what she needs?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:28 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Ruler of Erfworld
    The Rats wrote:
    but you know? maybe he'll shorten his name to Bert. yeah that sound way better.

Here is hoping he shortens it to A. As in A-hole.

Also I think Prince Albert is a pun on him being a dick with piercings, as in metaphorical dick, an asshole if you will. Not piercings on his dangly bits.

I wonder where this is going. I sure hope it's not "Jillian got everything she wanted align her way" again.
    ---------------------
    Comments about Vinny being dad are hilarious. I hope it's just Fate's cruel trick on Jillian. Also that cut out of Don in previous comic was just Thinkamancy running out it seems. Quite anti-climactic.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:03 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    -D- wrote:

Also I think Prince Albert is a pun on him being a dick with piercings, as in metaphorical dick, an asshole if you will. Not piercings on his dangly bits.

Nah D. I mean, I don't think your wrong about multiple meanings, but I refuse to believe he does not in fact have a Prince Albert on his dangly bits.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:02 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Ruler of Erfworld
    @kagato23: In that case:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:18 am 
    Being a long time reader / lurker here, it has been kind of amusing to observe all the random Jillian-bashing.
    It's getting reeealy stale tho.
    Albert certainly has the potential to be a entertaining character. I don't see any reason to expect him turning on Jillian tho. Disobey her - sure, betray her - naah.
    Hm. I wonder if he might somehow mess up that CC/GK non-aggression pact thingie.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:57 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Oh, wouldn't that just be sweet? Albert, in all his newpopped blood lust, violates the treaty and attacks Gobwin Knob.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:58 am 
    Tups wrote:
    Being a long time reader / lurker here, it has been kind of amusing to observe all the random Jillian-bashing.
    It's getting reeealy stale tho.

I could say same for Jillian's character :P I'm kinda in camp Jillian is boring. I don't really want her dead, I just want less focus on her and her dysfunctional relationships. Her's and Wanda's character arcs are really dull in comparison to pretty much everyone else.

It's not that it can't get interesting. But right now, I wanna learn more about Don, Caesar, Vinny, Bunny, Parson, Maggie, Stanley, Jack, Cubbins, Ansom, Trammenis, Charlie, Sizemore, Vanna, Duncan, Isaac, Roger, Saltina, DigDoug, Vinnie's bat and Sizemore's chamber pot than I want to know about the two psycho lesbians. Note previous sentence was a joke, somewhat.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:06 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Jillian's eyes are blue. Vinny's are red. Albert's are -- purple.

With that, and the bat signamancy, and the flying... we're all being bludgeoned with his hybrid nature.

I wonder if the swelling in Jillian's ankles will go down now that she's been delivered of her heir...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:14 am 
    Lipkin wrote:
    Oh, wouldn't that just be sweet? Albert, in all his newpopped blood lust, violates the treaty and attacks Gobwin Knob.

We dont know if such a treaty exists. FAQ was not part of the GK/CC accord and we only know that Jillian has a NDA with Charlie.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:25 am 
    The queen got a double-special heir. Including a special we never had heard before. Anyone surprised? You shouldn't be. This is Jillianworld now. Even Charlie goes out of his way to help her, of course Fate would as well.

It's actually good for Jillian that he's a rebel itching for a fight. Jillian Sue sucks at giving any orders besides "screen me!" and "Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!", so whatever strategy Albert Stu decides on his own should be superior.

I also bet he has a third hidden special from his mother: plot shield. He won't go anywhere soon.

My other predictions about Albert Stu:
    -He will one-shot at least one dwagon. Probably on his first battle. High chances of soloing a dwagon fleet.
    -He will one-shot at least one named character presented so far.
    -He will be eventually captured, then released instead of executed because.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:29 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    WarFAN wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:

We dont know if such a treaty exists. FAQ was not part of the GK/CC accord and we only know that Jillian has a NDA with Charlie.

But while Gobwin Knob can't attack Faq, it can defend itself against them, short of harming Jillian.

Although, what if things take an unexpected twist? Rather than Caesar trying to take Faq, Albert tries to take TV? Like maybe Jillian takes Albert to meet Don, and Albert puts a knife through Don's eye, thinking that Don's heir is probably like he was, fat and fightless. Imagine his surprise.

That would actually be kind of cool. As divided as Caeser and Don are now, they respected each other once. Imagine if Caesar never go a chance to betray Don. I don't think he'd be happy to see Don croak. And a pissed off Caeser is actually a pretty scary, and awesome, thought. It would be just the thing to drive Caesar to join Parson.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:33 am 
    oslecamo2 temp wrote:
    The queen got a double-special heir. Including a special we never had heard before. Anyone surprised? You shouldn't be. This is Jillianworld now. Even Charlie goes out of his way to help her, of course Fate would as well.

It's actually good for Jillian that he's a rebel itching for a fight. Jillian Sue sucks at giving any orders besides "screen me!" and "Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!", so whatever strategy Albert Stu decides on his own should be superior.

I also bet he has a third hidden special from his mother: plot shield. He won't go anywhere soon.

-He will one-shot at least one dwagon. Probably on his first battle. High chances of soloing a dwagon fleet.

Oh please. If anything, Albert is a Cousin Oliver.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:35 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    All and everyone are speaking of Signamancy, so I hope you can help me with this: tattoo on Albert's left arm, blade entwined by a rose, I'm sure I've seen this sign before, does anyone recognize it?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:56 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    oslecamo2 temp wrote:

When has anyone ever got an easy time fighting Dwagons?

We have the time that Artemis, a high level warlord with great offensive stats, lost SEVERAL knights fighting off just a few dwagons, and she had to spend a really well-timed Crit to accomplish that.

Then there was the time the coalition defeated an entire herd of dwagons. Extremely injured dwagons with uncroaked leadership. And it took BOTH Anson and Jillian (two of the highest leveled warlords to date) PLUS Vinny packing a behemoth of a leadership bonus to accomplish that.

Then in the siege of Spacerock Duncan was under the heavy impression that, even if it was winnable, their bout with the dwagon fleet would cause heavy casualties on FAQ, even with the huge advantage his magic item would give them in that battle. And after the dwagons were decrypted they started raising hell on the capital city, giving Wanda very good force-multipliers to ensure she was killing way more than she was losing to keep her army growing.

In the battle of Jillian vs Stanley part 1, they had a fuck-ton of TV warlords giving leadership bonuses to hundreds of bats to accomplish what they did. And they STILL needed an equal numbers of Archons. That has to have been a very expensive gambit.

And in Jillian vs Stanley part 2 Stanley was throughly trouncing Jillian's force until Charlie spontaneously converted ALL OF HIS KISS at once. And even them it only turned the tables because it meant that Jillian was now giving her sizable leadership bonus to a sizable force of knights.

The impression I get is that Dwagons can only be effectively fought with the same kind of cheesy exploits Parson was brought to Erfworld to create. And it was stated that Crit's are heavily dependent on unit type and unit level. This kind of rationale of yours seems really, really petulant... Albert does seem like the arrogant kind, but not in that way. His punk signamancy very much says he's the "fight the power" kind.

I believe his special just means he has archery without compromising his melee (too much).

3 - Don't calculate statistics and game. Therein lies madness.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions