Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 39
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:41 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 39
     Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:46 pm 
    Well. That's exciting, think we'll meet him or her next update?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Royals can be casters explicitly confirmed.

Was Don using Bunny's spare juice, or did we get an interruption from Charlie or Caesar?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:53 pm 
    I'm hoping for a caster. Jillian is due for a caster. Make it one we haven't seen much of before.

Weirdomancer, Dateamancer, Findamancer, Changeamancer, or Rhymeomancer. Heh, if fate is particularly cruel it'll be a Florist, Carnymancer or a Croakamancer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:00 pm 
    So... Don still needs Faq for something. That's the only reason to play so nice after all she's done. he's funded and supported little more than a loose cannon, and is costing him his friends, but even so he pulls her close instead of pushing her away.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:14 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Corrupt User wrote:
    I'm hoping for a caster. Jillian is due for a caster. Make it one we haven't seen much of before.

Weirdomancer, Dateamancer, Findamancer, Changeamancer, or Rhymeomancer. Heh, if fate is particularly cruel it'll be a Florist, Carnymancer or a Croakamancer.

I'm hoping for a caster too, mostly because I've got a bet on it in the predictamancy thread.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:19 pm 
    This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    What I want to see is an heir that will take her to account for what she had done: abandoning allies, acting rashly in the field, and so on.

Jacior wrote:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:39 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter
    Dark Shadow wrote:
    What I want to see is an heir that will take her to account for what she had done: abandoning allies, acting rashly in the field, and so on.

Don kinda just did though. He did it in a respectful way that she couldn't perceive as an attack she needed to defend against. Which seems to have worked. She's admitted that it wasn't a wise decision to leave Spacerock. Hopefully she will grasp what Don was trying to teach her from the scripture. Hail the Book of Buddy!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:41 pm 
    Dark Shadow wrote:

Then the heir should be a giant lampshade; a heavy warlord named Wesley Crusher.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:42 pm 
    So, she's had turns to rehearse and the best she can come up with is to boop all over Don's dead friend? She is some kind of piece of work.

She's also being too modest, she's much better at being a dumbboop the she is a swordswoman.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:58 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Corrupt User wrote:
    Dark Shadow wrote:

Then the heir should be a giant lampshade; a heavy warlord named Wesley Crusher.

ROFL.

What I think would really annoy her is if she got a predictamancer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:20 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Quote:
    Don kinda just did though. He did it in a respectful way that she couldn't perceive as an attack she needed to defend against. Which seems to have worked. She's admitted that it wasn't a wise decision to leave Spacerock. Hopefully she will grasp what Don was trying to teach her from the scripture. Hail the Book of Buddy!

Not really, sure he pointed out she has a flaw in always seeking gains, but he doesn't really take her to town over her decisions because as he points out, they're hers to make for good or i'll. And in all honesty there's not a single decision she's made since the start of book 2 that's actually been a bad decision bearing in mind what she knows at the time she made it. Because she's right, if spacerock couldn't handle GK under those circumstances, (she doesn't appear to know how GK won it seems to me), then there was something seriously wrong with jetstone.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:30 pm 
    Bunny seems rather upset. I wonder why.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:32 pm 
    I feel kind of sad for Jillian that she has never had a frank conversation that wasn't a battle. The debates at old Faq or the bouts as a prisoner or with a prisoner fighting for information or haggling for the best price and all the freedom she could get as a mercenary or I DIDN"T EVEN REALIZE IT WAS HER ENTIRE PERSONALITY!

Sheesh this explains why she is so crazy. That and the brain bugs. If she doesn't know how to have a conversation with someone else, she can't have one with herself. Conversely, if Don teaches her to have a conversation with people, she might stop stoping thinking things.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:53 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Carl wrote:
    Quote:

Not really, sure he pointed out she has a flaw in always seeking gains, but he doesn't really take her to town over her decisions because as he points out, they're hers to make for good or i'll. And in all honesty there's not a single decision she's made since the start of book 2 that's actually been a bad decision bearing in mind what she knows at the time she made it. Because she's right, if spacerock couldn't handle GK under those circumstances, (she doesn't appear to know how GK won it seems to me), then there was something seriously wrong with jetstone.

And she'd be right, there was something wrong with Jetstone, namely Trammenis decision to parley with them instead of just crushing them. Stately and him shoudnt even have been in danger in this fight! I think I havent posted in years but it just really annoys me how many people in this forum ignore all the bad decisions from characters they like and exagerate bad decisions from characters they dont like.

Thats all I read these days in the forum, everything bad a fan-favorite does wasnt really his/her fault while everything Jillian does is suddenly the stupidest thing ever. She screwed up before sure (and yes, I do find her quite annoying sometimes) but given the informations she had at the time, leaving Spacerock wasnt even that bad. Beside, can you really not understand why she didnt want to kill Wanda and Jack personally? Turning her back on them after failing to convince them so many times was one thing, stabbing them herself was another.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:43 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    querzis wrote:
    And she'd be right, there was something wrong with Jetstone, namely Trammenis decision to parley with them instead of just crushing them. Stately and him shoudnt even have been in danger in this fight! I think I havent posted in years but it just really annoys me how many people in this forum ignore all the bad decisions from characters they like and exagerate bad decisions from characters they dont like.

Thats all I read these days in the forum, everything bad a fan-favorite does wasnt really his/her fault while everything Jillian does is suddenly the stupidest thing ever. She screwed up before sure (and yes, I do find her quite annoying sometimes) but given the informations she had at the time, leaving Spacerock wasnt even that bad. Beside, can you really not understand why she didnt want to kill Wanda and Jack personally? Turning her back on them after failing to convince them so many times was one thing, stabbing them herself was another.

Many times this.

In a Hollywood movie, Jillian's decision would have been the only one the audience would have been okay with.

Frankly, Jillian's benefit for staying was defeating Stanley, at the cost of personally killing two of the four people in Erfworld that she cares about most. Leaving allowed her to not kill people she loves, capture another person she loves (with the possibility of Turning him back), recoup a bunch of money for FAQ, and decimate a massive GK infantry force (1300 troops, remember? Tramennis mopped them up only because Jillian had taken out their leadership core, and Charlie had strong-armed Haggar into "spearheading" her assault. 1300 is a LOT of troops).

The fact that she doesn't share Charlie, Don, or Slately's motives doesn't exactly make her decisions bad ones...just self-interested (and ungrateful, if you think she owes something to Don). Not like Transylvito had any troops in the Spacerock fight either, though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:47 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    What would be really great is if the new heir was as rebellious as Gillian. But, you know, rebellious agaisnt her rebelliousness. So instead of being an idiot that did what she wanted the heir would be doing things right and saying, "Ya see? THIS is what competence is! Try and remember since you don't seem to see it very often, mom."

Alpha the White wrote:
    querzis wrote:

Many times this.

In a Hollywood movie, Jillian's decision would have been the only one the audience would have been okay with.

Frankly, Jillian's benefit for staying was defeating Stanley, at the cost of personally killing two of the four people in Erfworld that she cares about most. Leaving allowed her to not kill people she loves, capture another person she loves (with the possibility of Turning him back), recoup a bunch of money for FAQ, and decimate a massive GK infantry force (1300 troops, remember? Tramennis mopped them up only because Jillian had taken out their leadership core, and Charlie had strong-armed Haggar into "spearheading" her assault. 1300 is a LOT of troops).

The fact that she doesn't share Charlie, Don, or Slately's motives doesn't exactly make her decisions bad ones...just self-interested (and ungrateful, if you think she owes something to Don). Not like Transylvito had any troops in the Spacerock fight either, though.

And you seem to be forgetting that Jillian was asked to stand by as reinforcements just in case, by Trammenis before she took off. And when Jillian was told that her allies were gonna be all killed if she didn't go back and do SOMETHING, she said "Eff what Charlie told me, I'm gonna do the exact opposite so that I can prove that I'm not a puppet to anything," which made her a puppet to contrariety.

And let's not forget how she got Prince Sammy killed.

So, Jillian made many mistakes, refused to accept her responsibility for said mistakes, and blamed them on others when she stubbornly refused to own up to said mistakes. So, I think that is why people are not liking her. Trammenis at the very least said, "Understand this father, we are now in great danger." That one sentence showed that he understood his mistakes, his failures, and was taking steps to rectify them. He took responsibility for his mistake and his hubris. Something that Jillian has never done.

Of all the characters in the series, Jillian is the only one that has not done any real self-reflection. At least since her brain damage, and she acts like it.

Last edited by BakaGrappler on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:55 am 
    So.. were Vanna and Duncan just having friendly nookie or was it some Turnamancer ritual to make the heir pop faster? :shock:

Also... C'mon Caster Princess! Florist would be nice, but a Thinkamancer to join the Great Minds would be hilarious fun.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:20 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Could this update and the one with Vinny be leading into a coup in transylvito followed by them invading faq? Could that happen, at this point, fast enough to prevent the heir from popping next turn? Do we know how close faq is to transylvito?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:03 am 
    Yayyy confirmation for Royal Casters !

Although now that we know that they're possible and we've seen quite a bit of the sides in Erf I'm curious why we haven't seen one already ? (possibly that Moneymancer in the DigDoug stories)

I hope the next update isn't Don being put to the swords by rebels I really like him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions