Erfworld Forums
https://forums.erfworld.com/

Book 2 – Page 101
https://forums.erfworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6459
Page 1 of 5

Author:  balder [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:51 am ]
Post subject:  Book 2 – Page 101

New One is up.

Author:  Revenant [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

Wow.

That Friendly Pyre is going to leave a mess.

Author:  JohnATallon [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

Is this the end for Sylvia? Dusted by gas explosion, brought on by her own hubris and a determined and defiant enemy caster's understanding of how desperate the situation was?

Author:  zbeeblebrox [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

If literally all of her misfortune is always displaced to other units in the area, then she's okay but her nearby(?) allies are screwed.

Author:  elecampane [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

I don't think it's an end to Sylvia: there were not enough buildup for that. Not after the whole page of her telling about her plot armor.
And since Reds are supposedly immune to friendly pyre as well and golems are not, perhaps GW came out of that on top. Also I hope Ace survived explosion due to golem plushie shield.
Doll puzzles me slightly though. I don't think Slately will freak out mightly over its destruction, since the whole town is going to be burned or captured - it would probably be destroyed either way. Or has that doll had some other purpose aside from being decorative reminder?

Upd: but if due to a fall Sylvia would become incapicated, battle would become hilarious, since none of the leadership would be able to move

Author:  sheepfly [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

elecampane wrote:
Doll puzzles me slightly though. I don't think Slately will freak out mightly over its destruction, since the whole town is going to be burned or captured - it would probably be destroyed either way. Or has that doll had some other purpose aside from being decorative reminder?


Seeing that particular doll destroyed could be Fakely's trigger to despair or his berserk button... we don't know yet. Slately apparently cared deeply for Holly Shortcake, and that was likely the last treasured keepsake from her tenure as Dollamancer (apart from the cloth golem designs used begrudgingly by Ace).

Author:  Staberinde [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

Prediction: Ace will get decrypted and will fight for GK sometime soon.

His hardware and combat ideas synch excellently with Parson. It's going to be a real waste if Parson - Ace pairing is not explored.

Author:  zbeeblebrox [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

Staberinde wrote:
Prediction: Ace will get decrypted and will fight for GK sometime soon.

His hardware and combat ideas synch excellently with Parson. It's going to be a real waste if Parson - Ace pairing is not explored.


Actually, with Parson on the scene and Wanda pointedly not on the scene, it's entirely possible that if/when Parson wins this battle, he's going to elect to turn all of the survivors without having them killed and decrypted. We've never seen him after a successful battle where all the enemies aren't dead, but I suspect that he will very much not be on-board with the common post-battle practice of killing everyone left.

Author:  joosy [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

JohnATallon wrote:
Is this the end for Sylvia? Dusted by gas explosion, brought on by her own hubris and a determined and defiant enemy caster's understanding of how desperate the situation was?


We can only hope!

Author:  brucester [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

joosy wrote:
JohnATallon wrote:
Is this the end for Sylvia? Dusted by gas explosion, brought on by her own hubris and a determined and defiant enemy caster's understanding of how desperate the situation was?


We can only hope!


Heh.... Some people just don't like Sylvia.

I'm curious as to what Parson will do when he meets Slately. Hopefully not some long drawn out conversation but I can see the potential for diplomacy, only to have the King evaporate ....

Author:  Kyrt [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

sheepfly wrote:
elecampane wrote:
Doll puzzles me slightly though. I don't think Slately will freak out mightly over its destruction, since the whole town is going to be burned or captured - it would probably be destroyed either way. Or has that doll had some other purpose aside from being decorative reminder?


Seeing that particular doll destroyed could be Fakely's trigger to despair or his berserk button... we don't know yet. Slately apparently cared deeply for Holly Shortcake, and that was likely the last treasured keepsake from her tenure as Dollamancer (apart from the cloth golem designs used begrudgingly by Ace).



My take on it was somewhat more baisc.

That scene appeared to be somewhere close tot he throne room.

If GK are still fighting in the square or in the vicinity of the portal room....Who destroyed the doll? And why? And the snub from the previous pager still isn't explained.

Author:  Beeskee [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

The doll was destroyed a while ago by GK troops in an effort to claim the garrison. It was ineffective, due to Cubbins being incapacitated but alive under the rubble. It was shown in-comic but I forget the update number.

Author:  vintermann [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

Kyrt wrote:
If GK are still fighting in the square or in the vicinity of the portal room....Who destroyed the doll? And why?


Look a few pages back in the comic. GK wanted to kill the remaining units, someone mentioned the doll in the King's chamber, we got to see them approach it (but not that they actually destroyed it).

What I'm wondering is what Parson's change of plan means. He wants to take out the king, obviously, but how does that really help with the whole inferno business, beyond taking out one more unit? I don't think Slately's bonus is all that big.

Also, I don't think Parson knows about the double-business, or that Tramennis is now heir.

Author:  Radagast [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

vintermann wrote:

What I'm wondering is what Parson's change of plan means. He wants to take out the king, obviously, but how does that really help with the whole inferno business, beyond taking out one more unit? I don't think Slately's bonus is all that big..


They need to control the city or they can't put the fire out. Plus Parson doesn't know that it's just a double of the king, so it seems to be a more valuable target.

Author:  Saladman [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

Beautiful!

Sylvia's level 6 according to the wiki, so could possibly be tough enough to come through an explosion with a little Fate or Luck. Though the illustration and the sound effect leads me to suspect not.

Author:  LTD [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

Everybody in the plaza just cwoaked. Hooray!

And how does a Fluffyphant rip open a dwagon's belly? That had to be a crit.

Author:  M.A.D [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

I believe Parson had just just lost every single dwagon units in the city, which leaves him an army of Decrypted without Wanda's bonus AND the ability to refresh new troops with the enemy's fallen. Sounds like his kind of party

Author:  Jinren [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

elecampane wrote:
Or has that doll had some other purpose aside from being decorative reminder?


I shall assume it's an Empathy Doll Trap. It's rigged to break easily and fall on the ground in a dramatic fashion, doing minor damage to the morale of invading troops for one turn.

Author:  Berserkas [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

M.A.D wrote:
I believe Parson had just just lost every single dwagon units in the city, which leaves him an army of Decrypted without Wanda's bonus AND the ability to refresh new troops with the enemy's fallen. Sounds like his kind of party


Reds are immune to fire. Unless explosion shockwave counts as seperate kind of damage.

Author:  Noigel [ Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 101

Is it just me or is anybody else getting sad at the horrors of this war? The art and emotions conveyed are excellent. Brutal but excellent.

Page 1 of 5 All times are UTC-04:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/