Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:46 pm 
Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
Xarx wrote:
Why does everyone keep saying that? Where in the comic does it say that Stanley found the 'Hammer in ruins?
It doesn't. That is another annoying forum myth, although it's a little more forgivable than some others.
I says here that he "found it" but never specifies where. We are also told elsewhere that Artifacts can sometimes appear in Ruins.
So people made an assumption, and it stuck.

There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:48 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    0beron wrote:
    Xarx wrote:
    Why does everyone keep saying that? Where in the comic does it say that Stanley found the 'Hammer in ruins?
    It doesn't. That is another annoying forum myth, although it's a little more forgivable than some others.
    I says here that he "found it" but never specifies where. We are also told elsewhere that Artifacts can sometimes appear in Ruins.
    So people made an assumption, and it stuck.

Actually, it has nothing to do with that page. The page in question for me is page 147. Right after Wanda says she learned of a Warlord who found the 'Hammer it shows, in Panel 2, Stanley holding the 'Hammer with a face that expresses surprise and awe to me (looks like he is going "Oooooh!"). And the Stonehenge looking deal in the back is what led me to ruins. It is still an assumption, but I feel pretty safe making it. Until there is a reason to believe Stanley took the 'Hammer from someone else (which does not sound like 'finding,' as it was called whenever anyone talked of his acquiring it) then I think it is pretty reasonable to assume it popped in some Ruins.

C: Starting a theory from the point of view that characters have given false information (knowingly or unknowingly) is not a valid way to build an argument.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:26 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I think that surprised look is him receiving a Thinkagram from Wanda, as it fits with the text bubble. Also, why would the dwagons already be tame?

But I agree that he found it, because if he'd defeated a former Hammer-wielder, even if that person wasn't attuned, Stanley would still be crowing about it. "Let me tell you about the time I defeated Warlord Hammerabi from Craftsman...."

2nd level Dollamancer, currently using my Juice on a Bag of Holding

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:37 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I'm more interested in the purple cloaked guy in the second panel on the Dwagon.

Btw, the next time I decided to read through the reaction pages, it's going to be a bitch to find this page. XD I still haven't found the old reaction pages on the GitPG forums yet.

There's a lot we don't know about Stanley's past. It will most likely be revealed in Book 0 which I have a feeling will be completed after Book 3 is done. We have a few months until we know for sure, but I can say will a 95% guarantee that we don't know WHERE Stanley found the artifact. I'm pretty up-to-date on most canon information and I don't remember even a hint I the comic proper and I've read each book at least twice to three times each at minimum.

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:49 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    happyturtle wrote:
    I think that surprised look is him receiving a Thinkagram from Wanda, as it fits with the text bubble. Also, why would the dwagons already be tame?

Gobwin Knob's cities that are Level Three or higher can pop dwagons.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:09 pm 
    This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    I still haven't found the old reaction pages on the GitPG forums yet.

Here's some.

Another

Aaaaaand last one.

Most of them probably got purged during the Great Purge some years ago, though. Or...that's what I've heard. I've found a few others at some time.

(I hope some people find these interesting!)

Jacior wrote:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:10 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Dark Shadow wrote:
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    I still haven't found the old reaction pages on the GitPG forums yet.

Here's some.

Another

Aaaaaand last one.

Most of them probably got purged during the Great Purge some years ago, though. Or...that's what I've heard. I've found a few others at some time.

(I hope some people find these interesting!)

While I appreciate the help, you have become Mr. House, so I must also beat you to death with a chair leg.

Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:32 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Golf club.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:57 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Oh, I completely missed that Parson started swearing in the last panel of the first book (or I had simply forgotten).

So I was quite surprised by this update.

Is there any theory on how Parson managed to do this ?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:33 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Teovald wrote:
    Oh, I completely missed that Parson started swearing in the last panel of the first book (or I had simply forgotten).

So I was quite surprised by this update.

Is there any theory on how Parson managed to do this ?

The extra 2 million in Gobwin Knob's treasury has allowed them to afford a swear-jar.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:02 pm 
    The previous page suggests that he worked up to it by getting angry about the child-unfriendly content that Erfworld does allow him to use, namely blowing up a city full of cute little people.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Where did Stanley get the Hammer? That's a good question.

We know that the hammer normally does not miss. So it's going to be really, *really* hard to kill a warrior attuned to it.

Finding it in ruins is far more likely than killing the previous owner, unless you kill the owner with another arkentool.

(... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:20 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    The previous owner was probably allergic to nuts, having died by pigeon pie cooked by the hammer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:23 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    keybounce wrote:
    We know that the hammer normally does not miss.

Except when the target is Fated like Wanda, Jillian or Stanley

My blog

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions