Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 5 - Prologue 26
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:57 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up. Final panel inked and colored by Lillian. Thank you for everything you gave to our world <3

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 26
     Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:15 am 
    This user is a Tool! Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Fantastic update, as per the usual. :)

And Lillian... thank you so much for everything! :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:32 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip
    Paige and Fumo have the same swords? Hopefully all they'll do is wave at each other, say "Same hat!" and part on good terms, or Noah's in BIG trouble...

Or more likely, he'll join the side on a more permanent basis, and Noah gets all kinds of jealous.

I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:39 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    BarGamer wrote:
    Or more likely, he'll join the side on a more permanent basis, and Noah gets all kinds of jealous.

No way, Noah is way too in-tune with the wifequeen to get jealous, unless Fumo actually poses a serious threat to their marriage. Even then, hippiemancers don't strike me as the monogamous type to begin with.

On a different note, I feel like the art on this update is a huge improvement over the last one, which itself was a huge improvement over the ones before it, in terms of looking "Erfy" enough. I'm no artist or art critic, but the overall look and feel of this page just seems so much more right for Erfworld. You guys are doing a great job!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:47 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    No issues with that artwork! Three cheers for Lillian!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:47 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    The art is getting better and better, keep it up!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:50 am 
    This user is a Tool! Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Uh... everybody? You’re all aware that Lillian is leaving, as per one of the recent updates, right?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:54 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    My first thought on the art was that I enjoy the line work she did. It seems like you keep trying to make it look like a water color painting? Trying to get closer to this image seems like a better direction for the art.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:24 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    For a Signamancer, he missed a huge sign of either "he belongs here", or "he's replacing us" XD

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:30 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Titan wrote:
    New One is up. Final panel inked and colored by Lillian.

No wonder why it looked much better than the other ones. You should try to replicate this coloring style.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:31 am 
    ThisIsNotDan wrote:
    BarGamer wrote:

No way, Noah is way too in-tune with the wifequeen to get jealous, unless Fumo actually poses a serious threat to their marriage. Even then, hippiemancers don't strike me as the monogamous type to begin with.

On a different note, I feel like the art on this update is a huge improvement over the last one, which itself was a huge improvement over the ones before it, in terms of looking "Erfy" enough. I'm no artist or art critic, but the overall look and feel of this page just seems so much more right for Erfworld. You guys are doing a great job!

There's another relationship to consider: son...

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:33 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Is Fumo someone that has come back from the box?

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:45 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Truly going to miss Lillian. This page's art is beautiful, and even though I know I'll adapt to the 3D style in time (just like I adapted to the first half of Book 3), it's still not quite hit the stride of the actual drawings.

I know someone suggested having Xin pencil over the 3D renders. Is there a reason that wouldn't work for page production as a compromise between 3D and hand-drawn?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:33 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Well, goodbye Lillian, best of luck with whatever it is you will be doing from now on.

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:18 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Spades Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Lipkin wrote:
    Is Fumo someone that has come back from the box?

Wow, that's an interesting thought! Reincarnated, as it were. With no memory of his past life, at least as of yet. Who knows, could be.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:25 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Maybe Paige and Fumo are from the same "Side"? They both popped feral if I recall correctly, and Fumo has his own crest. Maybe Paige was popped with the same crest?

I dunno how that'd be possible or even work to be honest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. But I'm assuming it's something similar to this, since otherwise what else would be the significance of them having the same exact sword? Beyond just a Fate/Signamantic symbol that same sword = meant to be together on the same side.

Good work on the page, Lillian! You will be missed! Although it figures that the most recent comic that has a more natural look to it is the one actually done by hand :P

I do have a question about Sugar though. Is it a matter of perspective, of does his "trunk" look rather thin? Like, he looks like more of a Totem Pole than, say, a tower that someone could enter and climb to the top. Like, Shirley, Jed, HueHue, and Templeton all were huge and people could actually live in them and go about their tasks. From here, it looks like Sugar could hold a very narrow winding staircase, or a very long ladder, at best.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:17 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    Thank you Lillian, this last page looks fantastic!

Jade wrote:
    Maybe Paige and Fumo are from the same "Side"? They both popped feral if I recall correctly, and Fumo has his own crest. Maybe Paige was popped with the same crest?

I dunno how that'd be possible or even work to be honest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. But I'm assuming it's something similar to this, since otherwise what else would be the significance of them having the same exact sword? Beyond just a Fate/Signamantic symbol that same sword = meant to be together on the same side.

Well, this basically ninja’d everything I was about to say, so I’m glad I’m not a total crackpot, but here it is anyway...

Okay, here’s how I see things:
    A) Fumo is of Archezoa. He can’t be sided with it, because it doesn’t exist. But he is of it, hence the crest.
    B) Paige shares the signamancy of an identical sword with Fumo. (If this were not significant, it would not be particularly notable to Noah, a master signamancer.)
    Therefore, I predict that C) Paige is also of Archezoa, which would mean that two Archezoans have popped as ferals even after the side ceased to exist. (Far-fetched? Paige believes “The rules of Erfworld are lies.”) (One of Fumo’s purposes is to burn things down. Paige is trying to do that to Scripture with words.)

If this is true...
    -Is this only happening because fate has determined that Archezoa continue to exist somehow?
    -If it’s not specific to Archezoa, is it limited to original 99 sides? Is it limited to sides that ended as a result of their rulers croaking themselves? Or is it not limited at all?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Clubs Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    Titan wrote:
    New One is up. Final panel inked and colored by Lillian. Thank you for everything you gave to our world <3

Hah, I was about to ask if everything was really all CG.

Thanks Lillian!
    Good luck in all your ventures!

Oh, and you don't need to be a stranger! ;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:11 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Jade wrote:
    I do have a question about Sugar though. Is it a matter of perspective, of does his "trunk" look rather thin? Like, he looks like more of a Totem Pole than, say, a tower that someone could enter and climb to the top. Like, Shirley, Jed, HueHue, and Templeton all were huge and people could actually live in them and go about their tasks. From here, it looks like Sugar could hold a very narrow winding staircase, or a very long ladder, at best.

Yeah, I think the perspective also looks off, unless Sugar's head is much much wider than the rest of him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:21 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins This user got funny with a rodent Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    I really hope someone up thread is right and Fumo isn't here to replace Noah and/or Paige. I like them waaaay too much. Their a classic crotchety old couple and i love it.

OTOH Nestley is kinda going to need the help soon i think, the situation the the MK has gone to hell and back on an epic level and who knows what threats might come out of the portal in the near future.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions