Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 5 - Prologue 17
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:59 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 17
     Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:10 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Ah, a new tower! I can't wait to "hear" it speak.

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:15 am 
    Mined 4 Erf E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Erfmover Supporter
    I get home just in time for an update. Nifty!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:16 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip
    When I squint at the tower I can see a face, a helmet, or possibly a ship/ark. I really don't know what I am looking at.

Interesting bit about Annie Oakley. And Skyye discovered she was a pistol person. It's like guns were always there below the surface, and once they arrive they take up the corners of the mind made for them.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:19 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Diamonds Suit Pip
    Well then. We know precisely when this is all happening down to the turn, now. Nestly's relationship to the MK and the Hippiemancer's Glade.

And we see the tutelary. This is gonna be interesting.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:23 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Hearts Suit Pip
    Looks like Nestle just got a tower upgrade

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:24 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    It would be hilarious if Nestle's Tower just went "... nah, you got this." and didn't speak ever again.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:28 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Man, we just discovered yet another level of suck in Erfworld. Imagine being a Hippiemancer, with a desire for peace and love being a core component of your whole existence. Now imagine also being knowlegdeable about your Signamancy and the Signamancy of guns. You know you will love those things once you see them in action. You will want them. Perhaps even more then you want peace. Your whole personality will change, perhaps forever, and you know this in advance. In the best case scenario you will be craving for something you never can allow yourself to have...

Insanity in cans. Do not worry, Erfworld keeps up a steady supply. You will get yours. It will be personalized and popped just for you.....

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:31 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So Nestly Crunched and made a Toll House on Dreyer's land with some sort of Pure Life magic?

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:53 am 
    This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most
    That looks a lot like a wooden mask to me, I feel like I've seen its exact likeness before but I cannot quite place my finger on it. Looking forward to the theories of the tower's signamancy.

While I'll always crave more story, I really do love the layers of simultaneous things happening leading up to the next plot ark. Fate weaves a tricky web indeed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:56 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    Bandaid wrote:
    Man, we just discovered yet another level of suck in Erfworld. Imagine being a Hippiemancer, with a desire for peace and love being a core component of your whole existence. Now imagine also being knowlegdeable about your Signamancy and the Signamancy of guns. You know you will love those things once you see them in action. You will want them. Perhaps even more then you want peace. Your whole personality will change, perhaps forever, and you know this in advance. In the best case scenario you will be craving for something you never can allow yourself to have...

Insanity in cans. Do not worry, Erfworld keeps up a steady supply. You will get yours. It will be personalized and popped just for you.....

I'm not worried about her, remember, her Signamancy is a trick shot artist...

She can shoot weapons out of units' hands. What could be more aligned with Hippiemancy than that? :mrgreen:

Rise of the Stagemancer: Part 1 Trust Me
    A tale of Rhyme-o-mancy: The Noble Gasses

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:08 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    so Noah is visiting mk only half-tenturns. Is using half-tenturns instead of fiveturns means tenturn is a week like turnamancy term? Does that mean erfworld has a DnD like 10 day week? Or is it just a language thing?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:42 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    It Begins. We now get definitive confirmation of when this takes place, down to the turn. Well, this is turning out to be a fairly big turn after all! I do wonder what that tutelary is made out of to be red like that though... perhaps there is some red sands or red sandstone under the island? Or perhaps (as it has been previously suggested) it's just a mask.

Erfworlders like their numbers with zeros rather than others. 10s, 20s, 60s, etc.

Nice drop of portents though I'd say, we already know that the Free Casters are uneasy-at-best about the situation, but that some (at least one) can sense their own connection to this new-thing-knocking-off-blocks is definitely going to complicate things a bit.

I've never liked how Nesty' was situated, I mean, it's secure enough I suppose, but it's not very flexible, it can't actually DO anything, it's just waiting until the end and hoping that it'll never come because it hopes that circumstances will be enough to prevent the end from happening. Even Charlie isn't that dumb, he knows that you need to be able to actually DO things from time to time.

Still, without much desire to go conquesting, and without any decent units to go conquesting with it's a little hard to get out of the rut I suppose.

Which is why this tutelary is so exciting to me... I wonder what they can do with it?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:49 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Is the treasure box that the whale has the same one that Cryptolemy was putting all his important notes into? Bigger fish to fry for Noah at the moment, but certainly those will be fascinating for him.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:06 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    From Noah's reaction to the "accidently on porpoise" thing I think we can assume that Signamancy Senses involve a sense of humour.
    Lipkin wrote:
    Is the treasure box that the whale has the same one that Cryptolemy was putting all his important notes into? Bigger fish to fry for Noah at the moment, but certainly those will be fascinating for him.

So much for my theory about it being a source of plot devices during the tenturnly adventures of Fumo's Side.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:39 am 
    All this with Nestlý makes me think of Highlander a bit -- specifically the Immortals that go pacifist and try to retire to a quite life on church ground somewhere. Both are trying to fly under the radar, knowing that they'll eventually be found out and rolled by some aggressive juggernaut in the end (since a player that's actually seeking to win can't do so until they're defeated), but trying simply to last as long as possible before it comes to that. Moreover, in a stable and sustainable situation like Nestlý's, they're essentially immortal.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:49 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit IRC Quote of the Moment
    Bandaid wrote:

Lol then the hippiemancers would be like that civilization game where Ghandi turns into the most cutthroat guy ever.

"From the very first game in the Civilization series through to today, India’s supposedly-peaceful leader Gandhi has been famous for one thing: dropping nukes. And there’s a very good reason for it."

"In the original Civilization, it was because of a bug. Each leader in the game had an “aggression” rating, and Gandhi - to best reflect his real-world persona - was given the lowest score possible, a 1, so low that he’d rarely if ever go out of his way to declare war on someone.

Only, there was a problem. When a player adopted democracy in Civilization, their aggression would be automatically reduced by 2. Code being code, if Gandhi went democratic his aggression wouldn’t go to -1, it looped back around to the ludicrously high figure of 255, making him as aggressive as a civilization could possibly be."

and thus, its a HUGE possibility of why the hippies are so attracted to guns even thou they are pacifists (it doesn't help either they can also be linked to the musical group of Guns & roses" nor all those images on internet of hippies facing armed mens with guns with their flower power.

All in all a nice update, still I don't know what exactly a "crit" means, because it could either be like in some games like master of orion where there could be defenses that "damage" incoming units, or it could be like passing nearby a black hole and missing a few ships to it, which sucked but then its normal it would be sucky if you had to pass thru it.

also the tutelary means that yep, Nestly (its that also a Pun regarding the Chocolate mark of Nestle? which also has some birds on the logo?) wouldn't be able to be hiding anymore, so probably that means the city will have to be raised from lvl 1.

Math's is in the air! <- date Open until march 1st!

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:55 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit IRC Quote of the Moment
    paskal wrote:
    so Noah is visiting mk only half-tenturns. Is using half-tenturns instead of fiveturns means tenturn is a week like turnamancy term? Does that mean erfworld has a DnD like 10 day week? Or is it just a language thing?

well, its understandable why they prefer "tenturns" because tenturns is 10, and cpus read in binary (only 1's and 0) and we are looking at a datamancer perspective. or maybe this was just coincidence.

Math's is in the air! <- date Open until march 1st!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:26 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    If I'm reading this right the city is situated right at the border of the current hex and disguised like a storm hex to discourage continuing in that direction.

But if they're adjacent hexes, wouldn't explorers on the current hex suddenly experience alternating turns with an unknown side? That might pique interest westward if it's the only direction they can find that might hide units from another side. Or am I remembering the turns rules wrong?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:30 am 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smooth_Cr ... omposition
    Quote:
    The chorus refrain, "Annie, are you OK?", was inspired by Resusci Anne, a dummy used in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training courses. CPR trainees learn to say "Annie, are you OK?" while practicing resuscitation on the dummy.[6]

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions