Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 5 - Prologue 16
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:59 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 16
     Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:02 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Link leads to Book 1 Page 1 for some reason?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:03 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    "The New One" links to "The Battle for Gobwin Knob - Episode 001"

edit: Dang it. Ninja'd.

Last edited by Anomynous 167 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:03 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Titan wrote:
    New One is up.

Titan may say it's up, but the link goes to the first page of book One.

Dammit! Ninja'd!

Double dammit! Double Ninja'd!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:06 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Attempting to navigate by the "go to latest page" arrow button from a Book 5 page seems to take one to a random page in Book 4.

Now let's see somebody ninja that! :D

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:07 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip
    And "latest page" goes to Marie sweet-talking Georgia Power, 4.99

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Windscion wrote:

Heh, at least the title of that page "Predictably Efdup" is appropriate. Red is working on this.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:10 am 
    Windscion wrote:

Yeah, they somehow "traded places"-- the latest page arrow now goes to the previous update, and the banner "latest page" goes to 4.99 reliably (randomness avoided.)

Seems like a battle between luckamancers and mathamancers is in progress...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:11 am 
    Windscion wrote:

Yeah, the number it stops at being /99 doesn't seem quite random.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:11 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    The "Who is online" roster lists balder as here. I presume he'll have this corrected momentarily. Hi, Rob! Hope all is well!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:14 am 
    This just in: When being bounced to 4.99 via the banner "latest page" link, I'm now getting the following error displayed immediately under said banner (on page 4.99):
    Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/erf-archives/erfweb-archives/lib/include/page/ephemeral_notifications.php on line 12

Just in case that helps Red un-carny the webserver...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:17 am 
    Aion wrote:
    This just in: When being bounced to 4.99 via the banner "latest page" link, I'm now getting the following error displayed immediately under said banner (on page 4.99):
    Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/erf-archives/erfweb-archives/lib/include/page/ephemeral_notifications.php on line 12

Dangit, Rob! You shoulda let Charlie croak when Shirley snatched the Dish away from him. I just KNOW he's behind this!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:20 am 
    kaylasdad99 wrote:
    Aion wrote:

Dangit, Rob! You shoulda let Charlie croak when Shirley snatched the Dish away from him. I just KNOW he's behind this!

Unless Big Think's death caused an extra-universal bleedthrough that resulted in a variable in the webserver being redeclared as a String instead of a Number...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:26 am 
    Okay, we're up!

At least I am.

The final illustration, of Fumo's contract with Noah Moore reminds me of nothing so much as the certificate they give sailors upon successfully passing a Shellback initiation.

Love it.

Last edited by kaylasdad99 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:29 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Ha!
    "You seem a decent fellow. I hate to croak you."
    "You seem a decent fellow. I'd hate to croak."

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:29 am 
    kaylasdad99 wrote:
    Okay, we're up!

At least I am.

The final illustration, of Fumo's contract with Noah Moore reminds me of nothing so much as the certificate they give USN sailors upon successfully passing a Shellback initiation.

Love it.

Agreed-- on both points.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:34 am 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    The broken page and awkward landing for Latest Page links are now fixed.

Both issues were my fault, too. I made some changes to archives to move the Fumo backer story pages into Book 5 for ease of following the story. The changes worked but of course broke this other stuff.

Aion wrote:
    Unless Big Think's death caused an extra-universal bleedthrough that resulted in a variable in the webserver being redeclared as a String instead of a Number...

The Latest Page issue actually was a problem of Strings versus Numbers! The page "number" was redefined as a string / varchar to allow the Fumo pages to be numbered Fumo 1 through 3. This of course changes how ordering works and 99 became the max page number.

Full Avatar by Xin Ye

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:43 am 
    This user is a Tool! Diamonds Suit Pip For when you need it most Spades Suit Pip Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    So Scott's cochlea has ears. Does Scott have some way to listen through the trees that have been implanted, or is the Nautilus Machine some sort of Shell-Anchored Hearing Aid? Certainly, since there's no Signamancer around anymore, he has no Sign interpreter, and Cryptolemy seems to be making it quite hard to read his own lips at the very least.

...Does this imply that Scott can't actually hear naturally, or that he prefers to hear with assistive technologies?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:48 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Best written Contract, EVAR!!!
    Well...
    decent, at least. :D

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:59 am 
    Now that's a good contract.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous