Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 5 - Prologue 15
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:15 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 15
     Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:37 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    Interesting, Fumo seems un-manacled.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:46 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Hearts Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip
    I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever catch a good look of Fumo. We've had big, close-up pictures of everyone else in this story but him. This is possibly the best one yet but it's still small and his face is still partially obscured.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:46 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Yeah, I was all like, "Wait, who's that sailor/captain guy with them? And where is Fumo? He definitely isn't dressed like he was when the gunwhale placed him on the boat."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    ThisIsNotDan wrote:
    Yeah, I was all like, "Wait, who's that sailor/captain guy with them? And where is Fumo? He definitely isn't dressed like he was when the gunwhale placed him on the boat."

I think he just repatriated.. but damn he looks sharp like that.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:07 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip
    That's a good look for everybody -- frightened Carpudlians, buff Noah, and freshly-dressed Fumo.

"...his resolution not to answer any more question unless his whale was present." Nice -- how would you like a critter like that for an advocate?

"Lady Firebaugh, you stand accused of crimes against everything and everybody. How do you plead?"
    "You'll have to speak to my advocate -- DECRYPTED RED DWAGON."

...eh, that's probably asking for trouble, more of a last resort.

But just in case, what would it be like if Scott could speak Language, not just Date-a-mancy telepathy? I'm trying to think if the turning/transit negotiations would go better or worse if the Carpudlians heard this behemoth saying, "Can I eat them? ...How about now?"

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:16 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Art error maybe? The machine is missing the left crossbar behind the chair. First panel on previous page clearly shows it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:46 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Lingo wrote:
    I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever catch a good look of Fumo. We've had big, close-up pictures of everyone else in this story but him. This is possibly the best one yet but it's still small and his face is still partially obscured.

Rob is might still be settling on what exactly he wants him to look like, though almost nothing in this comic seems to be made without meaning, I'm curious as to who Fumo is supposed to resemble now.

I wonder if Scott is big enough to count as both a creature and a location (the Towers might also be like this)? So now Fumo is officially in home territory, just by being picked up by him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:48 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    I think Noah is the one (re)patriating Fumo, through Scott. Scott is acting on Noah's "orders". The boat is under Noah's control. Noah is in charge, so Fumo is free.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:05 am 
    Mined 4 Erf Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Jaxad0127 wrote:
    Art error maybe? The machine is missing the left crossbar behind the chair. First panel on previous page clearly shows it.
    The left one is there, it just appears to be laying down and pointing forward. If you look closely you can almost picture it as doing the same as the one on the right.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:13 am 
    ogr8bearded1 wrote:
    Jaxad0127 wrote:
    The left one is there, it just appears to be laying down and pointing forward. If you look closely you can almost picture it as doing the same as the one on the right.

Oh, yep. It aligns perfectly with the edge of the chair platform. Doesn't look like it connects as completely with the platform as the other side does as well.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    I wonder if Noah's going to be ruthless enough to croak Cryptolemy and the Carpool crew to keep "Atlanta" a secret after he picks up Fumo, or if he has some other tricks up his metaphorical sleeve. As a master Signamancer maybe he could do his own mini-Deal of a Lifetime to bind them to secrecy?

It occurs to me that unless Noah actively helps the Carpudlians, they're doomed anyway - they still don't have enough move to leave the hex even with landlubber Fumo removed, and it's unlikely that Carpool would be able to mount a rescue mission (even for a valuable Caster) before the next batch of wandering ferals eats them for lunch.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:43 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Caprice wrote:
    It occurs to me that unless Noah actively helps the Carpudlians, they're doomed anyway - they still don't have enough move to leave the hex even with landlubber Fumo removed, and it's unlikely that Carpool would be able to mount a rescue mission (even for a valuable Caster) before the next batch of wandering ferals eats them for lunch.

But they're not Carpudlians. They are Tide Pod People.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:47 am 
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Caprice wrote:

Book 5 prologue 9 specifically says the Mathamancer is from Carpool. The ship he was on is Tidepod's, though (TPS Ultra).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:12 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    From this angle, Fumo looks like some sort of mix between Freddie Mercury and Tom Selleck.

Or, quite possibly, the Winston Lights guy from the 70s.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:33 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Arkenhammer Supporter
    FYI, regarding "there was a name for it, the railing of a boat": the Stupidworld name for that railing is "gunwale". Something tells me we'll never find out the Erfworld name for it.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:40 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Caprice wrote:

One hopes that even a feral wouldn't be foolish enough to eat a Tide Pod.

Last edited by kaylasdad99 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    rizban wrote:
    From this angle, Fumo looks like some sort of mix between Freddie Mercury and Tom Selleck.

Or, quite possibly, the Winston Lights guy from the 70s.

Holy crap, I hope not!

I have enough trouble keeping up with the current cultural touchstones (Who the Hellabad is Cryptolemy supposed to be based on, anyway?) without trying to remember old ads I saw in Newsweek magazine when I was preparing to compete on my high school debating team...

That said, Noah reminds me of a better-nourished Ben Gunn from Treasure Island.

Last edited by kaylasdad99 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:47 am 
    Chit Rule Railroad wrote:
    FYI, regarding "there was a name for it, the railing of a boat": the Stupidworld name for that railing is "gunwale". Something tells me we'll never find out the Erfworld name for it.

They probably spell it like it sounds: "gunnel."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Caprice wrote:
    I wonder if Noah's going to be ruthless enough to croak Cryptolemy and the Carpool crew to keep "Atlanta" a secret after he picks up Fumo, or if he has some other tricks up his metaphorical sleeve. As a master Signamancer maybe he could do his own mini-Deal of a Lifetime to bind them to secrecy?
    It's worse than that, since Cryptolemy is very likely to recognize him (they've interacted in the past in the Magic Kingdom, and Cryptolemy was fixated on that interaction.) If he was just a mysterious figure taking a unit off to Atlanta, it wouldn't be as big of a deal, since the general idea that Atlanta is in that area has clearly gotten out already.

But Cryptolemy knows who he is, meaning all of his activities in the Magic Kingdom would be compromised if he lets Cryptolemy go.

kaylasdad99 wrote:
    (Who the Hellabad is Cryptolemy supposed to be based on, anyway?)
    Dennis Nedry, from Jurassic Park.

Last edited by Aquillion on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions