Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Fumo the Free - Part 5
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

Note: This update is posted in Book 5 in the archives for ease of reading but is considered a Backer Story for Toolshed pledging purposes. We'll fix the earlier Fumo stories for reading order at some point. -Red

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Update, EEEEEE:D

So that explains why they kept having to beat Fumo; it's just cheaper that way :-\

I can't wait to see if and how Fumo is connected to Archezoa/Noah!

I'm still thinking that Paige hasn't released any information about King Archibald Type yet, so I'm wondering how Carpool knows about Atlanta/Archezoa and what exactly it is they know about it.

Just based on the name Atlanta (and a Futurama episode), I'm guessing it's called that as an allusion to the Lost City of Atlantis. So Archezoa may have some mythical/semi historical significance to the rest of Erfworld somehow.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:22 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I'm reminded of something Revolver Ocelot said in "The Last Days of Foxhound", torturers don't torture to get you to talk, they torture you to keep you in enough pain that you can't think straight enough to lie to them...

Merely keeping a prisoner doesn't require torture, so I wonder if they think he might have been lying to them as a remnant of a side..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:29 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Snipercam7 wrote:
    I'm reminded of something Revolver Ocelot said in "The Last Days of Foxhound", torturers don't torture to get you to talk, they torture you to keep you in enough pain that you can't think straight enough to lie to them...

Merely keeping a prisoner doesn't require torture, so I wonder if they think he might have been lying to them as a remnant of a side..

It is still pointless unless you have some means to verify at least some of the answers the interrogated gives you. We know that Fumo's pain threshold has been broken and he is answering truthfully, but they cannot know. For all they know he is a great actor and still holding back information. Though causing pain for the sake of causing pain seems to be a rather big thing in Erfworld. I wonder if any rulers in Erfworld are smart enough to realize sadists make bad interrogators.

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:33 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Jade wrote:
    So Archezoa may have some mythical/semi historical significance to the rest of Erfworld somehow.

Oh, it definitely has a mythical significance. The last line of the update gives it away: “Or if you really feel like blass-faming, then just ‘Ark.’” Ark is associated with the Titans; they're referred to as "the Titans of Ark" on the very first page of the comic.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:34 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Noahs Ark, combined with the title "I take cities that burned down for 1000".... while having a character named Noah running around. Anyone else got ominous feelings?

Also poor Fumo, Transylvito might not have ants but they are still fully capable of eating you alive.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Hmm... Lucy + Tanya... Lusitania... which would make Fumo a U-boat?

• Tipped by 20 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:59 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Oh.

Oh, I just noticed.

That's some... baaaaad signamancy on this cruise.

The Challenger and the Lusi/tania?

Yeah, there's no way they're getting into port.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 16 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Truly, a Titanic voyage.

• Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:34 am 
    No one in particular wrote:
    Oh.

Oh, I just noticed.

That's some... baaaaad signamancy on this cruise.

The Challenger and the Lusi/tania?

Yeah, there's no way they're getting into port.

labster wrote:
    Truly, a Titanic voyage.

So they should watch out for some underwater ice creature torpedoing them in the beam power storage?

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Hearts Suit Pip Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip
    No picture makes me sad... but the story is at least continuing. Huzzah

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:52 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    This update inspired me to look up Parson's hometown, because imagine if he actually came from Stupidworld Atlanta? I knew he wasn't, but wondered if there might be a different Erf legend that he could be connected to.

He was born in Indianapolis, Indiana. He was living in Columbus, Ohio when he was summoned.

The story goes that Christopher Columbus was trying to get to India when he discovered "The New World." That's pretty fitting signamancy that I only just put together. It's also pretty ominous for the natives of Erf.

Also, of course Fumo isn't from Atalanta. He himself admitted he wasn't Brave.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:15 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip
    Wait, if the Titans are from Atlanta, why are they dressed like Elvis Impersonators? I thought that was more Vegas. They should be dressed like good ol' boys.

I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:26 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Jade wrote:
    Update, EEEEEE:D

So that explains why they kept having to beat Fumo; it's just cheaper that way :-\

I can't wait to see if and how Fumo is connected to Archezoa/Noah!

I'm still thinking that Paige hasn't released any information about King Archibald Type yet, so I'm wondering how Carpool knows about Atlanta/Archezoa and what exactly it is they know about it.

Just based on the name Atlanta (and a Futurama episode), I'm guessing it's called that as an allusion to the Lost City of Atlantis. So Archezoa may have some mythical/semi historical significance to the rest of Erfworld somehow.

I don't think that beating him is a necessary part of being a prisoner, if they felt he had nothing to offer and was worth no threat except an extra body on the battle field they probably would just let him sit in that dark cell for a few weeks.

Bandaid wrote:
    Snipercam7 wrote:

It is still pointless unless you have some means to verify at least some of the answers the interrogated gives you. We know that Fumo's pain threshold has been broken and he is answering truthfully, but they cannot know. For all they know he is a great actor and still holding back information. Though causing pain for the sake of causing pain seems to be a rather big thing in Erfworld. I wonder if any rulers in Erfworld are smart enough to realize sadists make bad interrogators.

Torture actually gets you less good information than doing nothing, at least in Stupidworld. Despite the Metal Gear Solid quote, people become very competent liars when they will tell you anything they think you want to hear to stop the pain. The truth almost never actually gets people to stop, after all.

Keep playing games. Make time to play games with your friends and family, because it's surprisingly heartbreaking to wipe a thin layer of dust off a game you love, before you put it back on the shelf because the real world is calling you.

-Wil Wheaton

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:13 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Bandaid wrote:
    Noahs Ark, combined with the title "I take cities that burned down for 1000".... while having a character named Noah running around. Anyone else got ominous feelings?

with a character named Noah? Not a Lot...

You might want to take that with a grain of salt, though...

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:04 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Archezoa was a proposed taxonomy kingdom that has since been abandoned.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:56 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Wow.. Fate is laying it on a little thick, here... giving Noah a preview of Fumo. Now Noah won't be as surprised. Morewhen Fumo sails up Raiding for his lost Ark.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Althernai wrote:
    Jade wrote:
    So Archezoa may have some mythical/semi historical significance to the rest of Erfworld somehow.

Oh, it definitely has a mythical significance. The last line of the update gives it away: “Or if you really feel like blass-faming, then just ‘Ark.’” Ark is associated with the Titans; they're referred to as "the Titans of Ark" on the very first page of the comic.

Intriguing! "The Titans of Ark", with "Ark" being the name of an island on Erfworld, implies that the Titans were actually born/popped on Erfworld. That could be the big secret that Paige and Noah are holding.

Pure wild-ass speculation: the "Titans" were just ordinary units that somehow got hold of the Arkentools (either stumbled upon them by pure luck, or conjured them from other worlds) and used them to fuck up Erfworld so badly that they killed themselves in the process.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Althernai wrote:
    Jade wrote:

_Tin Foil Hat_
    So maybe King Archie's Kingdom (or the island that it's on) was the original Spawn point for all of Erf? That would set up a HUGE Erf-Wide existential conflict if Paige publishes a book that essentially says something like - "Those you refer to as Titans were just Units. Units spawned on Archezoa, the Island of Ark. I have the 1st King's Journal to prove it!" Also - "What you refer to as 'Scripture' is merely the writing of the first casters [or insert any other subgroup here] spawned on Erf, trying to make sense of the rules!"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:51 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I can't comprehend how someone would survive being assaulted constantly by people once thought to be friends for an agonizingly long time to a destination where they don't want to go, but are resigned to go to for the 'privilege' of working for these same horrible people!

Oh, wait. Carpool.

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions