Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 5 - Prologue 7
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:56 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 7
     Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:04 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Okay, must admit, that blindsided me completely. Well done.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:05 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    ... second? (jkosta beat me to the FIRST comment ...)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:06 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Erfworld has assault rifles and records? I knew it. This is all an elaborate fanfic of Revolution X.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:11 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I wonder if Parson comes across a copy at some point... it seems like the sort of meta-knowledge he always enjoys...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:16 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Hum!

They know about children...

(and timed hits)

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:22 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Man do I feel like I missed a step somewhere along the way here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:26 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Looks like finally some more people besides Trammenis get it. Or at least we are finally shown those people.

Also, Paige Turner calls herself Warlady and not Queen. So thats been cleared up.

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Yesss! An update!

Now, how's all this go together again? :shock:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:37 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    It may be a stupid question, but what is she wearing in "her" panel? Her position and lower body garment is confusing me

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:44 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Now this is an interesting development. What just happened would be considered something blasphemous by many. The idea that no one is truly free and that all are just pieces on the board of varying value. Parson somneeds to read this book.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:45 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    DaRaginga wrote:
    It may be a stupid question, but what is she wearing in "her" panel? Her position and lower body garment is confusing me

Some sort of Robe which is slitted for more ease of movement? Or a dress? High heels would fit more with a dress.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:46 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent
    What I enjoy about Erfworld is found in this update. It is a stretch of the world we see from a perspective I would never had have thought would happen.'The world has expanded, in concept and in geography. We have the exploration of what the Erfworlders know of words we use in our universe and our wisdom of our physical world is then overlayed into their fumblings towards their own worlds self awareness. As such, the revelation is a surprise. I also get a sense of well thought out foundations to it, there is a logic shape to this - not a logic that I see in advance, but in hindsight. It fits with what I know. (More or less - I don't want to look too closely in case I see cracks and gaps. I want the magic of the Erfworld universe to continue to delight and entertain me.) Lastly this page shows new characters speaking about concepts that reveal something about the frustrations that popped units must feel when they reach a level of self awareness. The characters are ones you can love because their frustrations and futility are feelings you can hold as well.

Stretch, Surprise, Logic, Delight and Love. All in one page.

Oh, did I mention the stunning art? Sumptuous colours and relatable character poses? I might mention them next time, but today it's all about the writing.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:47 am 
    badninja wrote:
    Now this is an interesting development. What just happened would be considered something blasphemous by many. The idea that no one is truly free and that all are just pieces on the board of varying value. Parson somneeds to read this book.

Actually, he is one of the few people in Erfworld who should not need to read this book. He should already know who the true enemy is. He did at the end of Book 1. Though to be fair, Charlie can be quite distracting.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:48 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    1) They know about children
    2) They know about records, as in the music kind
    3) The "authors of scripture" are liars, and Fumo somehow proved it.

To my reading of this comic, it is heavily implied that the "authors" are not the Titans. Or at a minimum, not the titans as they represent themselves.

Last edited by wraith203 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Ok, this update kinda confuddled me... way back in book 1 I seem to remember Wanda having been confused to the concept of a 'child' https://archives.erfworld.com/Book+1/47 ... but here we have two Erfworlders who understand what "children" are? so which way is it? do Erfworlders know what children are or not? or is it that only certain sides know what children are (as in they are 'environmental mobs' like the flinchworms in book 4? https://archives.erfworld.com/Book+4/55)?

The Battle for Gloom Island has begun! See what our map-maker does when not busy making maps!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:00 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    kilantolshi wrote:
    Ok, this update kinda confuddled me... way back in book 1 I seem to remember Wanda having been confused to the concept of a 'child' https://archives.erfworld.com/Book+1/47 ... but here we have two Erfworlders who understand what "children" are? so which way is it? do Erfworlders know what children are or not? or is it that only certain sides know what children are (as in they are 'environmental mobs' like the flinchworms in book 4? https://archives.erfworld.com/Book+4/55)?

The title of the strip implies that Noah is a walking dictionary. Why he is a walking dictionary or how that dictionary has entries that are meaningless in Erfworld is another question. It could be a signamancer power, although so far it would be the first mention of such a power...

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:13 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    kilantolshi wrote:

Most Erfworlders won't have popped knowledge of what children are. The primary difference here is that we're dealing with people who understand Signamancy. Signamancers can derive true meaning from Signs, and words are one type of Sign. For Signamancers I presume it would be a particularly contentious Sign because it's a concept that has no real place in Erfworld's system. It would be akin to finding something in Stupidworld that inexplicably broke all the laws of physics but which you had definitive proof existed.

Paige seems to be grappling with the idea that she lives in a world whose scope has been intentionally narrowed. Concepts like children or democracy which have no place in Erfworld but which still exist as True Signs in regards to Signamancy. It would be like something from the outside of Plato's Cave stumbling inside and revealing to the prisoners how artificial their manufactured existence was all along.

Last edited by Zeal on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:18 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Bandaid wrote:
    Looks like finally some more people besides Trammenis get it. Or at least we are finally shown those people.

Also, Paige Turner calls herself Warlady and not Queen. So thats been cleared up.

But she also styles herself “Ruler,” and not “Overlady.” So maybe not as clear as we might like.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:23 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    Someone knows about children. My first reaction was that Parson's presence was corrupting Erfworld.

About scriptures.

Myself I'm a religious man, and I wonder about the "solutions" others pose to problems in their writings. Erfworld is so... immersive (I think is the right word) that I can't help but wonder at each solution presented to the problems as they appear.

That being said, I've suspected for some time that "Titanic Scripture" was... well, false! If I were in Erfworld, I'd be wondering, nigh pouring over them, not because I'd believe them, but because it'd provide HUGE amounts of context to what the royals (who appear to be favorably presented therein) believe themselves to be.

But, then again, who are the authors?

Also, I believe that this "King Archibald Type" book is a book she has already written and published, not the one concerning Fumo. She is already "famous" for her writing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions