Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up. Forced to admit that the Fumo story needs art, and Fumo & Noah are the same story. So we'll rework them in the archives as prologues to Book 5 and put them up as full text updates. :stanley:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Someone really should enforce the Geneva convention in Erfworld. Or invent it. Poor Fumo.

Looks like Carpool is stronger then assumed, having a colony. Also they seem to be willing to recruit barbarian warlords. Maybe they have a Turnamancer? Skyy Queen has trouble incoming. Poor....
    Carpool.

Also, was it mentioned before that Carpool was royal? I cannot recall. But they do seem to posess a royal navy.

Shows again how informal Don King was. He cared not much about whether someone was royal or not. He was an equal opportunity bloodsucker, he raided everybody he could.

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:21 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Am still really expecting Carpool to be allied with a side just below them called Par King.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 11 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:25 am 
    Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user has been published! Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Bandaid wrote:
    Someone really should enforce the Geneva convention in Erfworld. Or invent it. Poor Fumo.

I'm pretty sure that King Banhammer did invent a variation of the Geneva Convention.

Didn't go over too well with the other sides though.

That's the thing about having absolute power, you tend not to care about the ones on the bottom.

I'm making an Erfworld RPG, feel free to join in and add to the discussion. 

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:30 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Popped to burn tobacco and sail ships. And he's all out of tobacco.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:33 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip
    Syrup Roast wrote:

Except as a warlord without the seafaring special he would be a liability on any ship. Unless Quackens appear that is.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:37 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip
    Bandaid wrote:

Looks like Carpool is stronger then assumed, having a colony. Also they seem to be willing to recruit barbarian warlords. Maybe they have a Turnamancer? Skyy Queen has trouble incoming. Poor....
    Carpool.

Also, was it mentioned before that Carpool was royal? I cannot recall. But they do seem to posess a royal navy.

Shows again how informal Don King was. He cared not much about whether someone was royal or not. He was an equal opportunity bloodsucker, he raided everybody he could.

Carpool does have a queen. I don't remember her exact name, but it was some pun on the terms 'Clean air act.' I beleive.

It is nice to following have a sense of location in one of theis backer stories. Although so far these Carpoolians are coming off as jerks. TV may have acted like thugs, but at least they always had a sense of fellowship and values amongst them.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:39 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Syrup Roast wrote:

Burn sailing ships, not sail them. No seafarer special.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:45 am 
    Sir Dr D wrote:
    Carpool does have a queen. I don't remember her exact name, but it was some pun on the terms 'Clean air act.' I beleive.

Thanks for the answer. Do you happen to recall when that was mentioned perchance?

Sir Dr D wrote:

It is nice to following have a sense of location in one of theis backer stories. Although so far these Carpoolians are coming off as jerks. TV may have acted like thugs, but at least they always had a sense of fellowship and values amongst them.

Well, most sides in Erfworld behave like jerks. Maybe all. We are shown Carpool trough the eyes of Fumo. How would our impression of TV have been if the first real perspective had been a view trough one of TV prisoners which constantly got drained of their blood in TVs dungeons?

Treating colonies rather shitty is par for the course in Erfworld, they are kept weak and subservient. And is see no reason why Carpool units should not show cameradice among each other. We just have not been shown much of them yet. And so far, Carpool units have done nothing which TV units did not also do.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:26 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip
    Is there something in the water of Erfworld that turns all interrogators into jerks and morons?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:29 am 
    Crisis21 wrote:
    Is there something in the water of Erfworld that turns all interrogators into jerks and morons?

Its probably hardcoded into the natural laws of Erfworld.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:31 am 
    Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user has been published! Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Bandaid wrote:

Treating colonies rather shitty is par for the course in Erfworld, they are kept weak and subservient.

Carport's colony is probably treated relatively well, they have a level 3 capital, after all. That's better off than Forecastle's colony.

There's also good reason to think that the tribute would have been low for most of its existence. Let's keep in mind that TV has been constantly raiding Carport for countess turns. If they managed to keep the colony secret from TV, it means that they can build up a small army and funds elsewhere that TV has no idea about. If they sent too much money to Carport, I'm sure Benny, as a moneymancer, would have been able to figure out that they were able to pay better than they should have, and then the colony would have just meant they were milked even harder then they already were.

Carport has probably been building itself up to be able to take down TV for a long time now, it may be the nation that forged the anti-TV alliance. Even so, however, TV is still strong enough to still win fairly easily. TV is an incredibly strong player in the region. Therefore, they needed to keep biding their time until TV finally started to show weakness, and now Carport, and its allies, are finally striking back. I think the story of Carport could be an interesting one, and I'm sympathetic to its plight.

I like TV but the fall of this kingdom has been coming for a long time now. They may seem charming but they have a history of blood soaked ruthlessness towards all their neighbors. Far more so than Jetstone, which has been able to manage a number of alliances.

Honestly, I think Fumo was lucky to end up where he did. TV's strategy requires VAMPIRE warlords, not human ones. Human warlords are completely useless to them. They aren't mobile enough. TV doesn't command troops, don't have mounts, they have bats, they give the bat coats only to their own. Any barbarian warlord would probably have been killed for experience. Jillian might be an exception because she can pop gwiffens, which are faster than the vamps, and they have hired Charlie from time to time, who also uses fliers. It's all flying based though. If you can't fly, you may as well be food.

I'm making an Erfworld RPG, feel free to join in and add to the discussion. 

Last edited by TomaO2 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    There's something wrong with the linkage between the update and this thread, FYI. The comments tab below the update has no content.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:43 am 
    On another topic, is anyone else thinking that the walls of Tidepod look kind of useless? I mean, unless there are Erfworld rules which prevent land units from doing so one should simply be able to march around the walls and attack from the sea side. The city looks wide open from that direction.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:10 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Diamonds Suit Pip
    Bandaid wrote:
    On another topic, is anyone else thinking that the walls of Tidepod look kind of useless? I mean, unless there are Erfworld rules which prevent land units from doing so one should simply be able to march around the walls and attack from the sea side. The city looks wide open from that direction.

That takes you to the water, where Tidepod’s ships could contribute. The city seems pretty ship focused.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:22 am 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip
    Forum comments showing below the archive page is fixed, and the submit form on that page.

Full Avatar by Xin Ye

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:34 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ugh, getting interviewed for new jobs is the worst. “What can you tell us about your last employer? What’s your biggest weakness? Education? Hobby? Talent?” I bet next they’ll ask how many piano tuners there are in Carpool.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:40 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Syrup Roast wrote:

As Jax alluded to, I expect some will read that and infer it as "burn tobacco" and "sail ships" as two separate clauses, while based on his crest I expect it to mean burning both tobacco and burning sailing ships. They'd better get him offloaded before something bad happens.

I'm wondering if there's some other Signamancy to that crest though. Something about it seems familiar, but I can't place my finger on it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:05 am 
    This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Diamonds Suit Pip
    Here's to hoping that Fumo's life is going to be better than the ones of the other backer stories' main characters. Granted, that bar is very low and so far the presence of Noah's bird was a good early effort, and surviving despite being born as a joke warlord is very good luck in a very unlucky situation, but judging from the current update, his life might still become filled with even more torment and probably some slavery, too.

But I like the fact that he is the first backer character who touches the main story's plot.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:09 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Bandaid wrote:

Low levels cities pretty much suck.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions