Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 5 - Prologue 4
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:59 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 4
     Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Tidepod huh? I hope its not, but I fear this might take note from a terrible short lived fad of "Tasting Forbidden Fruit" that was the Tidepod challenge... the end of Fumo may come at the appearance of greatness.... that or he will be washed clean and smell good after the encounter, though that may be taking the signamancy significance too strongly.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:29 am 
    Anyone else wracking their brains about how all this fits into the main storyline?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:32 am 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Diamonds Suit Pip
    Twitter: overdroid
    YouTube: cartoonoverlord
    Damn. These last few story bits have been really sad. I feel so alone now. Erfworld is just as messed up as Earth.

I think there will be many unreasonable dares in Tidepod, he'd be safe if only he was protected by the magic of the Darwin Ward.

"What's Darwin?"
    "Darwin? A Ward."

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:00 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    It's... well, I've got a bit of background music playing in my head because I've been compiling a video... let me see real quick here...

There we go... Court and Page - Silent Partner (No Copyright Music)

Trust me, it puts a whole new spin on the entire page.

Let me first say that, every single time we get a new kind of insight into a form of magic I always kick myself "Why didn't I see that coming?!" This is one of those times.

Of course, even Signamancy can't breach the language barrier between people, we each interpret things in our own way and often only hear what we are willing to accept. I myself am CONSTANTLY vexed when my ideas are judged by people who never understood them and refuse to accept that they did so.

Not here, as much, here we don't talk science, we talk magic.

I do have to wonder though, not just about links, but about meaning. This here is also a time wherein carnymancy is seen as evil and yet... I've been looking at the page where RVC links with Jojo and goes on about how Carnymancy is the magic of identity and stuff. While it doesn't go into too much detail, yet I do wonder now... what could signamancy, the magic of meaning, and carnymancy, the magic of identity accomplish together?

I suspect though, at this point, that it is the more superfluous and "surface" capacities of disciplines that actually connect together through the 3-caster links, rather than the deeper meanings thereof. I could be wrong of course, but it just feels right to me. Otherwise, the Great-Minds would never be surprised by any of the concepts or applications of magic, and they likely would have already defeated Charlie on their own.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:21 am 
    Twenty forty sixty eighty cigs are all gone
    I wanna not be Fated
    To just depop inside-a this bog
    Lemme eat til I’m sated

You say there’s a Tidepod
    Well that’s just where I’ll go
    Maybe there is work there
    To let Fumo como
    Even if it’s only
    For just one turn or so
    Still beats ants on toes

Jams jams and yams and a can of cram
    Lemme eat till I’m sated
    Gems gems ge-gems ge-gems gems ge-gems
    Give me a job that’s payin’
    Hey traveling man, you need extra hands?
    Your side, I’ll never hate it
    I’ll get you back to your far off land
    I’ll be repatriated

Brought to you by the most punk source of all, Guitar Hero.

• Tipped by 12 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:28 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Diamonds Suit Pip
    ErebusVonMori wrote:
    Anyone else wracking their brains about how all this fits into the main storyline?

It's the tutelaries. Rob said he's gonna take some time to show us how the towers awakening are having an effect all over Erfworld. We saw the awakening moment in Generica, when the tower redid the whole Signamancy of a Signamancy-centric side. I'm betting that when Fumo arrives in Tidepod, it'll be right before the time that the tower awakens and he'll get to see it, and it'll somehow change what happens with him.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:47 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    I could see the new tower saving him somehow. But I'm more interested in what a master Signamancer thinks of his first look at an awakened tower.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:50 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Arci wrote:
    I do have to wonder though, not just about links, but about meaning. This here is also a time wherein carnymancy is seen as evil and yet... I've been looking at the page where RVC links with Jojo and goes on about how Carnymancy is the magic of identity and stuff. While it doesn't go into too much detail, yet I do wonder now... what could signamancy, the magic of meaning, and carnymancy, the magic of identity accomplish together?

Charlie.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:22 am 
    The Grand Abbie's take on Signamancy is a truth that spreads outside Erfworld. We don't hear each other, we construct what we would mean if we were to say what others have said to us.

I'm happy to join other bleeding hearts and artists dedicated to bridging this unbridgeable gap.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:37 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Spades Suit Pip
    A little bit too many metas for a simple punks.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:01 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    "What you send in Signs will never be received as you intend. [...] Your audience will tell themselves a story about your story." Hmmm, is Rob talking about us? Naw, couldn't be. :-)

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:37 am 
    Of course an artist would think communication is impossible. The entire premise of art is that you get to be ambiguous and still hope to incite meaning. But principles can be factually communicated with adequate training. People can learn to speak the same language. Just because it's hard to do doesn't mean it doesn't happen to most people every single day.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:04 am 
    I really like this update.

The secret of Signamancy and the secret of Datamancy especially.

And the Punk Elves, "jerk with a heart of gold" is a tired trope, "jerk who tries to convince you he has a heart of gold but he's really just a jerk" is much more real.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:50 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Hearts Suit Pip
    So if I'm not mistaken Noah has actually tasked this bird with actually seeking out warlords. There's a good chance that the seabird will actually follow fomo it some time still. Also interesting fact of how flying units can actually gain move from landing at night.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:33 am 
    So the chief changed his mind about what direction to send him after learning about the scout.
    Confused me a bit early on about why the direction change and then lying about it. Controlling who believes the truth and who doesn't is very much part of Carnymancy.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:00 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Beauty is in the Eye of the S.B.-holder.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:33 am 
    I wonder if Parson is aware of the rule about flying units gaining move if they rest on the ground.
    Since we've previously seen dwagons grouped by move above or below 56, if we assume 56 move is the average then an extra point for resting on the ground increases relay efficiency by an average of 2% which increases the more low move dwagons you have in the chain.

It seems insignificant, but for what Parson wants to do with the Dwagon relays and given how Stanley really doesn't like then getting Decrypted, it could be a real money saver.

My blog

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:58 am 
    A little plug for postmodernism as wisdom... hmm. I've been with the strip since it started, but too much of this could make me leave.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:04 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Knavigator wrote:
    ... given how Stanley really doesn't like them getting Decrypted, it could be a real money saver.

He might either not have to worry about that for a while, or... worry about that more than ever.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions