Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 5 - Prelude 3
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:00 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prelude 3
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:04 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
    Yay, update.

I wonder how those birds fare against foolamancy?
    If they are good against it, Charlie might really hate them.

I also wonder how a side with one city of level 1 survives. Another bubble kingdom?
    Presumably one of the two sides led by Grand Abbies as final point of retreat?
    Though with only one city at level 1 the income should not be sufficient to house many escaped casters. Unless they have other sources of income like mines and ways to migitate upkeep like farms. But if they had income, why not upgrade the city for more permanent income? At some point you would make a profit?

Well, perhaps if there is another update about the same side and character(s) we might learn
    more.

As for the art, I really like the jaguars eyes in the background.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    And the Word is cron!

Sorry, simply could not resist. I'll show myself out...

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:11 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    I'll bet this is the Grand Abbies' emergency sanctuary Side. There are apparently not that many of them out there, and why bring it up if it isn't going to be relevant at some point?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:14 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld
    Bird bird bird, bird's the word...

Also, yay, more date-a-mancy!!!

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:17 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Bandaid wrote:
    I also wonder how a side with one city of level 1 survives. Another bubble kingdom?

The simplest explanation is that they have some sort of agreement with a more powerful neighbor, in which they offer protection to the one city-side and get something in return. Being able to use the services of a Grand Abbie Datemancer for example might be more valuable than whatever meager income conquering a level 1 city-state would provide.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:18 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Noah caught a see bird! See, bird!

Why do I keep saying things like that...

Last edited by Lord_Backstory on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:20 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip
    We also possibly learned about a new type of unit. So far we had non speaking units that hunted other units (dwagons for example) for upkeep while feral. And then we had food animals like the horned sheep, who do not require upkeep.

The boar seemed to be able to fight the cats while still able to forage (eating mushrooms). So we got the first example shown of feral beasts able to subist without croaking other units? Though survival rate does not seem to be high. If you are considered old with 120 days of life....

Though that is to be expected, Erfworlds wildlife is probably under much more survival pressure.
    Earth animals can skip food for a day. Erf feral units need to meet their upkeep everyday. And animals probably cannot store food/Shmuckers unless they have a related special....

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:21 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    I was hoping we would see a side with a lot of non-people units. Looks like we got one!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:21 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    So many references to unpack. The Atari Jaguar. The Jaguar and Boar (Timon and Pumbaa perhaps)

The bird is the word.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

Jargon generally only superceeds the lay definition if it is being used by people speaking to people that recognize that jargon. If not being used by people that recognize that Jargon, then one should not insist on the Jargon definition being applied.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:23 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Shiny Red Star
    I don't quite understand what Rob is trying to explain, the value of using Datemancy and Signmancy on see-birds.

Amazed at the irony of naming a side so small and poor after a wealthy and powerful megacorp.

Not sure about Noah's name. He resembles aged Darwin.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:24 am 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I imagined this as some huge bird and then I see the picture and it's so tiny. Funny how that goes sometimes.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:30 am 
    Glome wrote:
    Bandaid wrote:

The simplest explanation is that they have some sort of agreement with a more powerful neighbor, in which they offer protection to the one city-side and get something in return. Being able to use the services of a Grand Abbie Datemancer for example might be more valuable than whatever meager income conquering a level 1 city-state would provide.

Well yes, being useful to a protector side might explain it.
    But, Erfworld being a rather ruthless place, it might have to be very useful to not get gobbled up.
    While a level 1 city might not make much money and therefore not worth very much to conquer it also should be relatively easy to conquer. And no one says a level 1 city has to remain level 1.
    Also, capital sides are rare and at some point you might want to spin off a colony if you happen to aquire more cities then you can use.

So in your scenario, either they lucked out with a unaggressive trustworthy side or they have some kind of ace in the hole to keep their protector from being greedy. Like political pressure in form of "take us out and piss off many casters".

Anyway, my vote is still bubble kingdom. Or bubble overlordship.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:32 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    neogeo wrote:
    So many references to unpack. The Atari Jaguar. The Jaguar and Boar (Timon and Pumbaa perhaps)

The bird is the word.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gc4QTqslN4

I think Atari has a double meaning here as well. Atari came from the game Go, and is called out when your opponents pieces are one move away from being surrounded and killed. Possibly like a small one city side...

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:34 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Jatopian wrote:
    I don't quite understand what Rob is trying to explain, the value of using Datemancy and Signmancy on see-birds.

Amazed at the irony of naming a side so small and poor after a wealthy and powerful megacorp.

Not sure about Noah's name. He resembles aged Darwin.

I took Noah to be a reference to the biblical Noah.

And interesting that Daamancers can act as erfworlds version of a druid.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 3
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:37 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    The art here is beautiful. I imagined something more akin to an albatross than ... whatever that is. But, the fire, the sunset, oh my. I think this is the first piece of art in the comic that's actually inspired me to post about it! Bravo!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:38 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I wasn't that big of a fan of Generica, but I like this Noah character. I wonder if through these prologues we will keep getting introduced to more caster types.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:40 am 
    Noah in the blibical sense huh? Nice! He also has some David Attenborough signmancy and it does fit his animal expert/Grand Abbie nature.

Peppa Pig, Pepperidge farm, bless

Atari Jaguar, best selling game: alien vs predator - warlord vs Jaguar?
    Parson is pretty alien in this world but I don’t think he’s coming by sea, does that mean the invasion in the MK may result in Parson coming to this sanctuary side and maybe take over?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 3
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:41 am 
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:51 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Ruler of Erfworld Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Yay, another date-a-mancer!

(Like me)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions