Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 2
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:52 am 
This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
Why do signamancers even need to sell art? All art seems to get auto generated when a ruler claims a city. Rulers and towers seem to be able to create décor that matches their vision at will.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:54 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I could read 50 stories about capitals the day the Tutlaries woke up. Love it love it love it. The most momentous day in Erfworld's history since Titans' know when.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:02 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Sir Dr D wrote:
    Why do signamancers even need to sell art? All art seems to get auto generated when a ruler claims a city. Rulers and towers seem to be able to create décor that matches their vision at will.

Rulers can use a cities natural dirtamancy to upgrade it. A Dirtamancer does it better. Presumably the same concept with Signamancers.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Page 2
     Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Jade wrote:
    Rebecca at the Well?

Edit: Never mind, Shai got it :P I couldn't think of anyone else who'd be carrying a water urn :-\

Again with the Presidential/American Signamancy, I love that the Cabinet is literally in a cabinet XD

And I can not believe I had to almost see "Make Generica Great Again" with my own two eyes D:

And I absolutely love how Byrne, well, burned the entire side's Signamancy, and it turns out it was the Ruler's own taste XD Which, honestly, is currently another great Stupidworld parallel, as the United State's current President is known for his gaudy and tacky sense of "taste" and "class". Like if the Vatican started opening up brothels.

Hey, now, let's not go making rash judgement calls...

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:32 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lipkin wrote:
    How many walls does the city have? Is the city a pentagon? I can't tell.

Looks like an Octagon to me, not counting the main gate as a wall.

More walls means more adspace!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:45 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Sir Dr D wrote:

Looks to me more like Generica’s Signamancer[s] will be in the business of selling naming rights...

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:49 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    Jade wrote:
    And I absolutely love how Byrne, well, burned the entire side's Signamancy, and it turns out it was the Ruler's own taste XD Which, honestly, is currently another great Stupidworld parallel, as the United State's current President is known for his gaudy and tacky sense of "taste" and "class". Like if the Vatican started opening up brothels.

I only just got the Byrne/Bernie parallel.

wraith203 wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    How many walls does the city have? Is the city a pentagon? I can't tell.

Looks like an Octagon to me, not counting the main gate as a wall.

More walls means more adspace!

In that case, I'm guessing it'll be referred to as The Octagon before too long.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:50 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    kaylasdad99 wrote:
    Jade wrote:

Hey, now, let's not go making rash judgement calls...

I wouldn't put it past them. Back when I played Vice City Stories I turned all my businesses into brothels because I thought a brothel was a kind of church.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:16 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    The new Tower agrees with the visitor more than with the Ruler.
    Hm.

This is risky, if the parallel sticks. I mean, what would the stupidworld-equivalent do if put in this situation?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:46 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Unlurking to point out the beautiful detail of the fact that Generica's Statue of Liberation is made of copper, just as the United States of America's was before it turned green from rust. Welcome, Lady.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:52 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Shen Hibiki wrote:
    The new Tower agrees with the visitor more than with the Ruler.
    Hm.

This is risky, if the parallel sticks. I mean, what would the stupidworld-equivalent do if put in this situation?

You mean the being with real power colluding with a foreign investor with the nominal ruler saying nothing against it? I can’t think of an example of this happening in stupidworld.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:00 am 
    Jade wrote:
    Which, honestly, is currently another great Stupidworld parallel, as the United State's current President is known for his gaudy and tacky sense of "taste" and "class". Like if the Vatican started opening up brothels.

Created a login to point out: the Catholic Church did, at one point, manage and sponsor brothels.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:03 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Mined 4 Erf Clubs Suit Pip
    DunkelMentat wrote:
    I could read 50 stories about capitals the day the Tutlaries woke up. Love it love it love it. The most momentous day in Erfworld's history since Titans' know when.

Book 4.5: Tower Combat

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:12 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    ... Well.
    "This place offends me" is about the worst possible thing you could hear from the literal incarnation of "this place".

I'm betting Connor is going to be the new 3D modeler for Erfworld. Welcome aboard, if you're reading here :)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:16 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool E is for Erfworld Supporter Ruler of Erfworld Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip
    The temple is not amused

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:21 am 
    Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Some other fun details I spotted:

The "wolves howling at the moon" line seems to be a reference to Three Wolf Moon, which is that one image of three wolves and the moon I'm sure you've seen.

Generica's capital city (which, until we get a name, I'm gonna call ACDC) looks like something out of a board game. I was actually kinda disappointed I couldn't place a game - I was half expecting monopoly pieces in there XD.

Byrne is sounding very, very Aussie, to be honest. Think we can put that in the bag, at least.

I find it interesting as heck that Generica's statue wields water, while America's statue wields flame. I find it even more interesting that Generica's statue seems to reference the areas around Saudi Arabia and the like, which America has... one heck of a Situation with.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:59 am 
    Leafsw0rd wrote:
    Generica's capital city (which, until we get a name, I'm gonna call ACDC) looks like something out of a board game.

Westingmall Discount (Dc) would seem more appropriate to me.

But then, I'm not Generican.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:06 am 
    Toran wrote:
    Unlurking to point out the beautiful detail of the fact that Generica's Statue of Liberation is made of copper, just as the United States of America's was before it turned green from rust. Welcome, Lady.

The Statue of Liberty is still made from copper. It just changed color, not elements. (And, technically, verdigris and rust are not the same thing.)

Last edited by Swiftbow on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:08 am 
    So, book 5 starts with another Tutelary coming to life, and clashing. I wonder whether this is a lead up to how the rest of Erfworld will respond to awakened towers, how the other tutelaries will respond to the transgressions of CC and HueHue, or to a further exploration of tutelaries are and do. Signamancers should be able to tell us quite a bit more. A Date-a-mancer's view (Maggie's? Janis's?) would be interesting as well. And what would a Changemancer think of these changes?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:29 am 
    This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user is a Tool!
    Caprice wrote:
    ... Well.
    "This place offends me" is about the worst possible thing you could hear from the literal incarnation of "this place".

I'm betting Connor is going to be the new 3D modeler for Erfworld. Welcome aboard, if you're reading here :)

Hi, I'm Connor. I don't think I should reveal what 'mancy I am doing for ErfWorld yet. I'll let the big titian reveal that when he's ready. :think: :!: :?:

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions