Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 5 - Prologue 1
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:47 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 5 - Prologue 1
     Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:53 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Parson's going to enjoy this signamancy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:54 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Ok, the significance of that update eludes me so far. New side, new players. Time unknown. But hey, Book 5!

The Imperfect Warlord
    Avatar by Noip. Thanks again for that!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:57 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Was not expecting book 5 to have started already. If I had to guess, news of the treaty breaking event has spread to other parts of the world by now, but not sure. If it hasn't, this is in the past most likely. If it has, then this is a time skip into the future. They didn't mention a talking tower though, so maybe it's in the past.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:59 pm 
    Shiny Red Star Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Shiny Red Star Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins For when you need it most Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    Just a reminder that, yes, this is supposed to be Book 5 as listed. Per the recent news post, Book 4 will be split off of Book 3. This isn't done yet, but Soon™.

Full Avatar by Xin Ye

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:00 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip For when you need it most Diamonds Suit Pip Shiny Red Star Hearts Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    So, apparently, Gumps are capable of indipendant action. At least some of them.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:01 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Ruler of Erfworld Diamonds Suit Pip Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Clubs Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter Arkenhammer Supporter
    More signamancers in book 5? Ooh, yes please!

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:02 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Celebrated Rob and Linda's 1st
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee!

FINALLY! we can start getting into casters and casting that isn't one of the over-used five (Dollamancy, Dirtamancy, Thinkamancy, Foolamancy, Croakamancy)

I mean, I know we've seen Janis but... well, we haven't seen much of real signamancy other than the towers talking to each other and Charlie's contracts. Actually seeing signamancers communicating with each other is... new.

And bonus! It comes with the first Book-5 PREQUEL!

That being said, I am a DUNCE at knowing what the heck half the signs are. Heck, even most of the NAMES go over my head, just that they're weird.

Is it ironic the description of the ruler being at the top of a high place like that and I just finished making a HUGE minecraft pyramid? No... well maybe it's just me.

Last edited by Arci on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:03 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    This update really should have had a pun warning attached to it. My head almost exploded.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:07 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Erfmover Supporter
    The smiley face and American signamancy makes me think of the Comedian from Watchmen.

Also, Ted Westwinghouse. Jed Bartlett was President on the show The West Wing. I wonder if Rob would have liked to use that name, but couldn't due to a certain tower already being named such. Oddly, the Silent E name would still work as Silent J.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

Last edited by Lipkin on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:07 am 
    Sir Dr D wrote:
    This update really should have had a pun warning attached to it. My head almost exploded.

How did you survive the Erfworld experience so far?? I mean, if you have to make a saving throw against puns or explode each time you hear a pun....

You must be a statistical miracle.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:12 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Clubs Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip
    Bandaid wrote:
    Sir Dr D wrote:

How did you survive the Erfworld experience so far?? I mean, if you have to make a saving throw against puns or explode each time you hear a pun....

You must be a statistical miracle.

This was just a lot of heavy puns all at once. Usually they are all spread out more. Though I am still in recovery from that Jed-Eye Knight pun.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:13 am 
    Mined 4 Erf
    I don't understand a fraction of the puns... I think I see the Walmart smile face, Goodwill logo, A cross between generic and America, and possibly a reference to the Texas flag? Mostly things that scream capitalism.

However, if as was theorized earlier about all capitals having living temples did occur, and other sides were listening in on Shirley and Huehue, it would cause panic world wide, especially for other sides that rely on signamancy and contracts. That would explain other sides knowing what happened so soon. If not, then it would be difficult for word to spread.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:19 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I was beginning to believe I was the only one seeing the Goodwill logo, but Jethreuel beat me to it. :)

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 am 
    Well, for proper speculation we would need a time frame. How much time has passed since the end of book 4, if any? Theoretically this could be scene that has happened in book 4. Heck, it could be a scene that happened before book 0 for all we know.

So for now we can only employ WAGS (Wild Assed Guess Speculation) instead of the properly reliable Scientific Wild Assed Guess Speculation.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:36 am 
    Mined 4 Erf
    What is the signamancy of Byrn's appearance? Or some of the symbols on Portia? Or the signamancy of Portia's Name? Possibly referencing a port that specializes in diesel or other petroleum products? She does look also like a race-car driver.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:36 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Well, as atrocious and tacky as it all is, at least it's a way to make a living in Erfworld that doesn't revolve around combat.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:42 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Spades Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter For when you need it most Clubs Suit Pip Arkenhammer Supporter
    Jethreuel wrote:
    Or the signamancy of Portia's Name?

"Porsche Diesel", get it? At least for those who pronouce Porsche the official way.

"The Copse" had to be my favorite pun in this update though :lol:

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:47 am 
    Shiny Red Star IRC Quote of the Moment Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day Spades Suit Pip Hearts Suit Pip Diamonds Suit Pip Erfmover Supporter
    DyolfKnip wrote:
    Well, as atrocious and tacky as it all is, at least it's a way to make a living in Erfworld that doesn't revolve around combat.

Some of those sides are pretty combative. Okay okay. Charlescomm. Charlescomm is not a peaceful side. You don't think advertising that sort of thing is the worst kind of combative in which you profit but keep your hands clean?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:08 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jethreuel wrote:
    What is the signamancy of Byrn's appearance? Or some of the symbols on Portia? Or the signamancy of Portia's Name? Possibly referencing a port that specializes in diesel or other petroleum products? She does look also like a race-car driver.

Danica Patrick (race car driver) + Porsche Diesel + Danica Diesel (motor manufacturers, IIRC?) There's some clever stream-of-consciousness word substitution there from her name to her aesthetic, or vice versa.

Continuing the theme would suggest a "Portia Patrick" somewhere in the pun etymology.

Now that I Google, Porsche Diesel is a failed, out-of-date brand abandoned in favor of modern hybrid models...

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions